Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator Pricing: $33,545 (Sport), $40,395 (Overland), $43,545 (Rubicon) + Options Prices

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Better idea: load those cds onto your phone or an iPod and upgrade to the 7” with CarPlay and Android Audio
New we'd eventually get around to the "high tech" side . . . been thinking about this for awhile, since last year when I got my first tablet - iPad Pro 10.5" ! That's it, iPOD . . . couldn't think of what Apple calls its small music player thing !
That too, the iPOD, is something I'll eventually get, and try the CD download thing !? I was joking about the CD swap out idea, by the way, in case you all thought I was serious ! ? But, IF Jeep were to offer a CD in the Wranglers (JL & JT) I WOULD opt for it ! It's quite nice sounding in the RAM DT !
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Damn I don’t lol. According to these prices I’m going to assume an auto Rubicon with hardtop is gonna run 47-48kish. That’s kinda high. But I thought this would happen too, so it’s not a huge shock to my system. Def will look to buy used in a year or 2. I won’t be ordering a new one even with 7% off.
Looking at it as a value buy as well. I am going to get Rubi take offs anyway so the upgraded wheels on the sport S don’t add value. I have also seen the JL guys hav added power locks and the 7” monitor (have to get code from seller and you lose some functions compared to S and I think insane audio or someone else will have one out soon) so really just going to miss the power windows. Something to think about for around 2k less after adding power locks and monitor.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lou 3.6, My 2018 JK Willys radio has a CD player in it that you can down load your CD's to memory. It's great when you loose all radio stations or just want to listen to your own tunes!
"Rubbing it in" are we ? :) ;)

Kimdrakula

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Jl, Jeep Wrangler TJ, CJ5
Now that the prices are released I’m seeing some mixed info about gas mileage. Anyone have real confirmation on the JG MPG? The most common info I’m seeing is 17-20, with 19 combined. Are those the real numbers?

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
Now that the prices are released I’m seeing some mixed info about gas mileage. Anyone have real confirmation on the JG MPG? The most common info I’m seeing is 17-20, with 19 combined. Are those the real numbers?
What's a JG?
Did you mean JT?
If so, other than the execs driving the first few, nobody here can confirm mpg.

Sponsored

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
New we'd eventually get around to the "high tech" side . . . been thinking about this for awhile, since last year when I got my first tablet - iPad Pro 10.5" ! That's it, iPOD . . . couldn't think of what Apple calls its small music player thing !
That too, the iPOD, is something I'll eventually get, and try the CD download thing !? I was joking about the CD swap out idea, by the way, in case you all thought I was serious ! ? But, IF Jeep were to offer a CD in the Wranglers (JL & JT) I WOULD opt for it ! It's quite nice sounding in the RAM DT !
I have over 2000 cds. I’m in process of converting to digital, and putting them on a stick, or multiple sticks. I think it will be cool to have an entire CD collection like that. Not single songs, but whole albums.

Jeepznthingz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE GCM
Lou 3.6, My 2018 JK Willys radio has a CD player in it that you can down load your CD's to memory. It's great when you loose all radio stations or just want to listen to your own tunes!
My 2017 wrangler has that too. I’ve burned a couple cds in it.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
I didn’t make any assumption that Jeep is obligated to do anything.

I just said when you compare the base package to any other truck the features are a joke and the price is much higher. If it’s what you want and what you want to pay then go for it. It’s just my opinion.

As far as the Wrangler i kind of feel the same way on the 4-door but there are 2 key differences. 1- it’s several thousand cheaper and 2- there is not direct competition to compare to.

Frankly if i wanted a spartan truck i would probably buy an older truck and build the off-road features. But then you don’t get convertible/doors off so it depends on priorities i guess.
You said that it should come with those features or it should be cheaper. That implies an assumption of an obligation. I mean, I could say that I think it’s a joke that a comparable Tacoma starts at $36k and it has a fixed roof, doors and windshield and doesn’t even come with floor mats. I could also say that it’s a joke that the Taco TRD PRO is more expensive than a Rubicon, doesn’t offer a manual, and STILL can’t even be optioned as a convertible.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
You said that it should come with those features or it should be cheaper. That implies an assumption of an obligation. I mean, I could say that I think it’s a joke that a comparable Tacoma starts at $36k and it has a fixed roof, doors and windshield and doesn’t even come with floor mats. I could also say that it’s a joke that the Taco TRD PRO is more expensive than a Rubicon, doesn’t offer a manual, and STILL can’t even be optioned as a convertible.
I agree the Rubicon is a better value than the TRD Pro.

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
Will be very interesting to see how they price in Aus with currency conversion and market share they want (dual cabs are a key markey currently over here)...dierct conversion puts it in an interesting price range...although the "full" rubi is crazy at $84K+

Sponsored

Bobh62000

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Pastor
Jeep.com is showing prices but missing trailer break control.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What's a JG?
Did you mean JT?
If so, other than the execs driving the first few, nobody here can confirm mpg.
Hate to "ASSure" you, but with the same power train as the JL's, and 400 - 600 added poundage (Sport > Rubi.) it will be Worse than the JL's ! That is why I've been "harping & bitching" about Jeep needing to TUNE the 3.6/8spd. auto to what the G.C. has (295hp) or even the RAM 1500 (305hp) ! NO this won't improve mpg's UNTIL they also add the eTorque/BSG (as in the JL 2.0) ! Every little bit of tech. seems to help, cause they certainly CAN"T go back to the "good old days" when vehicles were Lighter and less complicated = better mpg's ! :headbang:

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2014 Jeep Cherokee, 2015 Abarth 500C
When the tooling is paid for a few year down the road FCA will bring the prices down, probably through dealer kick-backs.
We are lucky that this is based upon the JL. This helps keep the costs down for both and has allowed for some real-world testing for those of us who have waited for the JT.
As for waiting for used; the same dynamic that we are hoping for, i.e. retained value when we trade it in, will keep the costs of used vehicles up for those who wait for these to come on to the used marketplace. And the used car lots like to add a lot of after market "upgrades" to boost their profit margin as well.
Sponsored