Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
WXman, I have these questions too. My brother in law is a salesman at the Jeep dealership in Lexington, and he doesn't have answers to this yet but I'll try to find out when he does. Interestingly, when you build a base Sport on the jeep website and add Max Towing, it states that it also includes "Molded-In-Color Fender Flares (2-Pc)"
I thought the axles were wider, and this the stock sport fenders won't work.

The Rubicon has its own fenders that may not fit without modification.

So maybe it's an overland painted fender you get.

EDIT: not sure why an overland fender would help. I don't think they can get the 4:10 axles. Are only the 4:10 axles "wide"

OR does overland also have "wide" axles?
I understand the drive ratio doesn't mean the axle is wider, but that might be how they set it up........ When will they be on lots!!!!!!!!??
Does anyone know what "Molded-In-Color Fender Flares" mean as a part of the premium towing package? Are they the same color as the vehicle? Does anyone know what "Late availability" means when applied to color selection? What types will be offered to the dealer consignment? Expect loaded Overlands and Rubicons. Thanks for any input

Joe
Joe, I answered in the other thread. Yes they are body color - same as Overland/optional on Rubicon. Late availability, probably won't see that color until fall.

I'm still curious about this.

The Sport model has ALWAYS only come with the plain grey fenders. I call them the "Rubbermaid" fenders. So....why would FCA go out of their way to specifically list the "molded-in-color" fenders as a part of the Max Towing Group? To me that suggests that the Sports with Max Towing will not have the standard fenders that all other Sports get.

Then if you look at the order guide, the ONLY model that shows "molded-in-color" fenders as standard equipment is the Rubicon model. So does that mean that Sports with Max Towing get the same fenders as a standard Rubicon? The Rubicon obviously has raised fenders.

Unfortunately Jeep has no pictures online of a Sport with Max Towing, and I haven't seen one on a dealer lot anywhere in America yet, so I guess we just don't have answers yet. But this has me intrigued.

ScreenHunter_152 May. 19 17.16.jpg
Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed that the trail rail system is not available on the base Sport model. And I see that you can get a roll up tonneau cover on a base Sport model. Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I thought that you had to have the trail rail system for that roll up tonneau cover. Am I mistaken here?

I personally would want the three piece hard folding tonneau cover. Looks like I may have to get a Sport S if that soft folding cover does not come with a trail rail system. Correct?

And finally I had seen an aftermarket market company has a dash system that would have a bigger screen and navigation built in. This is why it may make sense to pay for just a Sport or a Sport S and add that aftermarket system instead of paying lots more for an Overland or for a Rubicon model.

Can’t find that aftermarket stereo/navigation system. Does anyone know about that aftermarket system and can you please send the link for it? Thanks much.
When I ordered a Rubicon, the dual top group forced the roll-up tonneau cover.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Hi Steffen . . . don't believe I've complemented you on "This" . . . so there's that; but I have an Options Pricing Question that maybe you've listed or someone has actually gone to a Dealer and inquired about ! I find this Very Odd and it is a tiny bit upsetting too ! It all has to do with a recent Jeep.com Build & Price (at home, not a dealers access) . Building an OVERLAND I see that regardless of choosing CLOTH or LEATHER - The "BASE PRICE" - as seen on OVERLAND "MORON" Stickers (yes I chose to call it that) Pricing is the SAME - $40,395. ? Now as you know, anywhere else in JL or JT world when you select the LEATHER OPTION - bam, that's ~ $1500. ? Now I've Verified this Finding of $40,395 by going to various FCA Dealer Websites and researching Overland Models on their lots or in transit -- ALL the "Moron" Stickers validate what I'm saying . . . The BASE PRICE, leather OR cloth is showing the SAME ? ? ? IS there something I'm missing on this or is it a "Fluster-Cuck" ? ? ? (no Steff, not that kind of "cuck" . . . :lipssealed: :LOL:

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Hi Steffen . . . don't believe I've complemented you on "This" . . . so there's that; but I have an Options Pricing Question that maybe you've listed or someone has actually gone to a Dealer and inquired about ! I find this Very Odd and it is a tiny bit upsetting too ! It all has to do with a recent Jeep.com Build & Price (at home, not a dealers access) . Building an OVERLAND I see that regardless of choosing CLOTH or LEATHER - The "BASE PRICE" - as seen on OVERLAND "MORON" Stickers (yes I chose to call it that) Pricing is the SAME - $40,395. ? Now as you know, anywhere else in JL or JT world when you select the LEATHER OPTION - bam, that's ~ $1500. ? Now I've Verified this Finding of $40,395 by going to various FCA Dealer Websites and researching Overland Models on their lots or in transit -- ALL the "Moron" Stickers validate what I'm saying . . . The BASE PRICE, leather OR cloth is showing the SAME ? ? ? IS there something I'm missing on this or is it a "Fluster-Cuck" ? ? ? (no Steff, not that kind of "cuck" . . . :lipssealed: :LOL:
I'll email myself your post so i'll hopefully remember to look into it tonight and post back what I find.

Oh and thanks for the compliment on the 2020 Gladiator Options Matrix! Wish I had more time to add more to it, but for now its decently organized.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I'll email myself your post so i'll hopefully remember to look into it tonight and post back what I find.
Oh, ok ? Slow day at work . . . Kidding

STOP the PRESSES . . . although the "moron stickers" DO show, a few lines below the BASE PRICE of $40,395, wether CLOTH or LEATHER . . . LATER on Down the PAGE at the Start of the Options Chosen Section . . . IF LEATHER, it SHOWS that at the $1,495 up-tick ! SO, you can "relax" no need for further homework, ha ha ! I was just being ME, Mr. Nit Picky ! :headbang: ;)

Last edited:

Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
I haven't been able to find a dealer yet that can order 23B, base modle sport (non S) in manual.

Does anybody know if the max tow can be put on this?
how about the cold weather package (heated steering wheel and seats).

my local dealer seemed to think there's a chance the base has different wiring and its not possibel but he didn't know 100%

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I haven't been able to find a dealer yet that can order 23B, base modle sport (non S) in manual.

Does anybody know if the max tow can be put on this?
how about the cold weather package (heated steering wheel and seats).

my local dealer seemed to think there's a chance the base has different wiring and its not possibel but he didn't know 100%
ask @spenchey when he gets home from his vacation. i don't think any non-dealer people would really know, but @spenchey is the man, so i'd ask him.

Turkeyfarmer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Cherokee
Options Matrix is updated with Invoice Pricing as of 4.8.19. Accessories should be added shortly.

I got tired of looking back and forth for what has what option. I'm sure this is probably somewhere already from Jeep, but I like google docs. So I built this matrix. Didn't put the colors on there as i think they're all the same across the trims. Let me know if i missed something please.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1atc9-0TVaxIweeYPy4xCQZOQiECjw7TSQyHlgXSbh9Q/edit?usp=sharing
Replying to draw attention to this post, for anyone that is just starting out and can use a little help understanding options etc. Good luck.
Sponsored