Sponsored

2020 Jeep Gladiator Pricing: $33,545 (Sport), $40,395 (Overland), $43,545 (Rubicon) + Options Prices

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
I made a thread for this but wanted to share since we are talking pricing etc.

I have been negotiating for a new sport s gladiator, and mentioned the forum. The dealership said that they would honor cost plus $200 for any gladiator order if you mention the forum.

They are giving me the pricing in the right column and giving me back the HB after that they are adding tax tag etc but I think that is pretty much everywhere.

They salesman that I have been speaking with is Saul and they are located in Bartow Florida.

His contact info is below mention the forum to get the pricing.

Saul Gelman
[email protected]

I wanted to spread this out since it seems like a great deal and I used the excelish pricing sheet here and the information in the forum to negotiate what I think is a pretty great deal. Let me know if I helped anyone get a new truck close to home.

360DF2F1-CBB4-404C-8BF2-3B7BFA16F07E.png
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

I have been negotiating for a new sport s gladiator, and mentioned the forum. The dealership said that they would honor cost plus $200 for any gladiator order if you mention the forum.

They are giving me the pricing in the right column and giving me back the HB after that they are adding tax tag etc but I think that is pretty much everywhere.

They salesman that I have been speaking with is Saul and they are located in Bartow Florida.

Saul Gelman
[email protected]

I wanted to spread this out since it seems like a great deal and I used the excelish pricing sheet here and the information in the forum to negotiate what I think is a pretty great deal. Let me know if I helped anyone get a new truck close to home.

wait, invoice PLUS $200?

That's not a good deal, 3-7% UNDER invoice is a good deal.

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
wait, invoice PLUS $200?

Dealer said this was cost not invoice
wait, invoice PLUS $200?

i mean I got a quote from a dealer offerin4% under invoice to compare and because saul is giving back the HB minus 200 I think it works out to be better a better deal. Is it a better deal? Correct me if I am wrong I will buy somewhere else. Before tax tag etc and with no dealer fee cost for the truck as shown above is 40,313.

Edit: did the math 4% is slightly less. Still a good deal and not worth the drive to me.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Dealer said this was cost not invoice

i mean I got a quote from a dealer offerin4% under invoice to compare and because saul is giving back the HB minus 200 I think it works out to be better a better deal. Is it a better deal? Correct me if I am wrong I will buy somewhere else. Before tax tag etc and with no dealer fee cost for the truck as shown above is 40,313.

Edit: did the math 4% is slightly less. Still a good deal and not worth the drive to me.
as long as you're around 3-7% under invoice I feel you're getting a decent deal. Also if its more local, you need to consider that as well.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
At what point is the dealership honestly not making any money on the deal? I've always wondered that.

I think a lot of guys try to beat up these dealerships until they're making no money at all on the truck. Salesmen and dealership owners may be ruthless people, but they still have to put bread on their tables too.

I was shown invoice and was happy with that.

Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
as long as you're around 3-7% under invoice I feel you're getting a decent deal. Also if its more local, you need to consider that as well.
I think it's unfair to say "3-7% UNDER Invoice is decent". Invoice instead of MSRP is decent. 7% under invoice is amazing. I think it's rare for many cars to be able to go that low, and also rare that a dealership can move enough inventory to justify that lowball an offer.

While $200 over Invoice isn't amazing, you're still doing better than folks that don't do their homework. Don't feel like you're getting screwed at that price. If you can get percentages below invoice then more's the better.

A note to those trying to go below Invoice, much of the invoiced profit is on features. If you got a vehicle with only a few options you'll see less of a discount proportionally to the cost of the vehicle itself. eg. You could save $10k if you bought the Launch Edition at 7% below invoice. You only save $2300 if you buy a Sport with no options at 7% under invoice.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager

Saul Gelman
[email protected]

Just running this through the spreadsheet, are you saying you're getting it for $41,551? For those options it'd be $42,760 with just the vehicle & destination. You're getting a discount of $1200 lower than what Jeep recommends. If you got them to 5% under, you'd be looking at $39,348 with the destination charge, a savings of $3412.

Since I KNOW it's possible to get 5% under from multiple dealers, I won't pay more than that... but that's me just trying to get as much vehicle as possible for less money. You have to be willing to shop around AND willing to drive to the deal. Also... most importantly, you have to be willing to walk away from the deal. You don't NEED a Gladiator, so take your time and get the deal that's right for you.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think it's unfair to say "3-7% UNDER Invoice is decent". Invoice instead of MSRP is decent. 7% under invoice is amazing. I think it's rare for many cars to be able to go that low, and also rare that a dealership can move enough inventory to justify that lowball an offer.
i suppose "decent" was a poor choice of wording.

How about for a Gladiator 0-1% under invoice is a must, 3-7% under can be found in several places throughout the country (Idaho, Texas, Iowa, wherever Travis is NC? might be a few in the upper north east too).

Compared to regular folk buying regular cars, Gladiator buyers on this forum should know better.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
At what point is the dealership honestly not making any money on the deal? I've always wondered that.

I think a lot of guys try to beat up these dealerships until they're making no money at all on the truck. Salesmen and dealership owners may be ruthless people, but they still have to put bread on their tables too.

I was shown invoice and was happy with that.
I think the key word is "try". If a dealership is letting the customer dictate the pricing to the point they're not putting food on the table, they're bad business owners.

The local dealerships that are charging MSRP or over are probably making too much.

If Motor Inn and @spenchey are happy with their profit at 3% below invoice, i'm happy too. I think the internet and speed of information is reducing the ability of the local dealer to screw Joe Public and forcing dealerships to up their game with customer service.

In the end the econmoics will all even out. Jeep is going to get paid, good dealerships are going to get their nut, i'm going to pay a happy price for my Jeep, customer service will increase and shitty dealerships will run out of business.

(In my rant my term "local dealership" is the one that charges too much, has horrible service and should either change or be gone, If guys like Travis, Spencer and Peterson in Idaho were my "local" i'd be so fricken happy)

Last edited:

Linx

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Punk’n JT
I was planning on going with Spencer when I decided to buy. However I went to my local dealer and laid it all out on the table as one last Hail Mary before ordering in Iowa. To my surprise they had no issue matching 3% under invoice for an order (but wouldn’t do it on an in stock Gladiator). At first I was disappointed that I couldn’t get to 5% off like many have, but then I realized that 2% amounts to roughly $1000 on my build. And while 1k is nothing to ignore... if that amounts keeps me from closing a deal on a 50k+ vehicle... I probably can’t afford it.
Also I feel a bit bad I’m not ordering from Spencer. His level of communication was miles better then anyone I have ever dealt with in the car sales business. Especially when you consider his straight forward low margin business model for enthusiasts.

Sponsored

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
Just running this through the spreadsheet, are you saying you're getting it for $41,551? For those options it'd be $42,760 with just the vehicle & destination. You're getting a discount of $1200 lower than what Jeep recommends. If you got them to 5% under, you'd be looking at $39,348 with the destination charge, a savings of $3412.

Since I KNOW it's possible to get 5% under from multiple dealers, I won't pay more than that... but that's me just trying to get as much vehicle as possible for less money. You have to be willing to shop around AND willing to drive to the deal. Also... most importantly, you have to be willing to walk away from the deal. You don't NEED a Gladiator, so take your time and get the deal that's right for you.
I am getting the truck for 40,313 including the destination charge I think. Isn’t that the 1495 listed at the bottom? He is giving back the HB number circled. Of course tax tag etc is being added to this. Where am I at percentage wise is it worth going elsewhere for a better deal?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I am getting the truck for 40,313 including the destination charge I think. Isn’t that the 1495 listed at the bottom? He is giving back the HB number circled. Of course tax tag etc is being added to this. Where am I at percentage wise is it worth going elsewhere for a better deal?
The $1495 is the destination charge. If it's $40,313 including the destination charge then you're doing alright. The only extra expense would be Tag Title & Tax... don't let them sneak any charges in on you.

Archi-John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Architecture
The $1495 is the destination charge. If it's $40,313 including the destination charge then you're doing alright. The only extra expense would be Tag Title & Tax... don't let them sneak any charges in on you.
Will do. Saul said he would honor this with anyone that wants to order a new gladiator and mentions the forum or me john. Is it worth sharing, where would I share if it is?

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
@Archi-John If you guy is really serious about this and wants to attract volume he should come in here himself and start a thread titled something like “invoice - HB + 200”. Or “Saul’s central FL deal”. Then he should check in every so often to answer questions, like Spencer does. If he wants to continue to honor that deal it has the potential to draw the masses, its a good deal.

You telling a us might bring some, but I think it would go a long way for him to do it in person (as far the internet in person goes).

My 2 cents

sauc3y

First Name
sauc3ymonk3y
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A moose until I take delivery
Occupation
Banana Management
Will do. Saul said he would honor this with anyone that wants to order a new gladiator and mentions the forum or me john. Is it worth sharing, where would I share if it is?
You just did. :fist bump:
Sponsored