Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
I don't think the Bronco is trying to compete with the gladiator more or less just the wrangler.

From what I'm seeing there won't be a model with a bed. Just a Bronco and a smaller 2 door Bronco sport which looks more car like.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The Bronco want be much competition for the Gladiator, it's not a Truck but a SUV. More competition for wrangler owners for sure but I don't see FCA budging on price, they never have before and haven't had a problem selling Jeep Wranglers. People shopping for a truck with off road capabilities want be looking at a Bronco. Plus I'd bet money that resale on a Bronco want hold a flame to resale on a JT or JL. I like the fact that Ford is offering it though. If they would of dropped a V8 in it then they would definitely be ahead of the game. Ford lost me when they stopped offering the Raptor with a V8. I'd still probably buy another Mustang, but that's about all Ford sells that I'm interested in now and I used to be a all in Ford guy.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I still maintain that Jeep allowed themselves to fall behind (if this happens) by not offering the 5.7 Hemi in the JTR and Max Tow models. If they had, they would be so far ahead of the game, they'd feel left-behind.
If mine had a 5.7 or 6.1 it would be the perfect truck. I would probably of kept my Jeep Wrangler JKU and bought a Ford Raptor if they still offered it with a V8 but since Ford decided that a V6 was more logical for MPGs then it help me make a decision on the Gladiator. It's still got enough power for me but nothing like my old 2006 Jeep Commander I had with a 5.7 liter hemi. That thing had some pulling power

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If mine had a 5.7 or 6.1 it would be the perfect truck. I would probably of kept my Jeep Wrangler JKU and bought a Ford Raptor if they still offered it with a V8 but since Ford decided that a V6 was more logical for MPGs then it help me make a decision on the Gladiator. It's still got enough power for me but nothing like my old 2006 Jeep Commander I had with a 5.7 liter hemi. That thing had some pulling power
If mine had the 5.7 or 6.4 in it, I’d be selling my Cummins and pocketing $30K...

Because if it had the Hemi, the frame would be stronger, the engine would be stronger, and the vehicle would weigh a bit more, and would have a higher tow capacity and payload. And I don’t pull goosenecks anymore, or anything heavy these days really. But I do plan on getting another boat in the near future (28-38’ T-Top center console or another wakeboard boat) and another bass boat, and if the JTR had more power and towing capacity (Say 10K tow cap. to be able to pull a boat like that), I would be able to justify selling my Cummins.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
Can we get a 4bt option (or whatever that 4cyl modern crate engine they had to replace it)

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can we get a 4bt option (or whatever that 4cyl modern crate engine they had to replace it)
A built Cummins 4BT would be nasty! I’d be down for that. Diesel upgrades create massive performance increases. It’s worth the higher price of the performance parts (turbos, injector nozzles, CP3 pumps, etc...) in my opinion.

You can turn an otherwise stock 6.7 Cummins (350/650) with full deletes, a few bolt-ons, and some really fine EFI Live tuning, and squeak out 500/1000 to the rear wheels.

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
A built Cummins 4BT would be nasty! I’d be down for that. Diesel upgrades create massive performance increases. It’s worth the higher price of the performance parts (turbos, injector nozzles, CP3 pumps, etc...) in my opinion.

You can turn an otherwise stock 6.7 Cummins (350/650) with full deletes, a few bolt-one, and some really fine EFI Live tuning, and squeak out 500/1000 to the rear wheels.
https://www.cummins.com/engines/repower

Check this out for "bad" ideas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That would fit NICELY in the JT... Imagine that with a big Garrett GTX-R series turbo, some extrude-honed 75 hp injector nozzles, upgraded HPFP, ARP 425 headstuds, and EFI Live custom tuning. It would be pushing 350/700+. And imagine that sound pumping out of a 4” turbo-back straightpipe. :devil::devil::devil:

Damn, I’m getting a chub just imagining it! :CWL:

OP
OP
Nannook of the north

Nannook of the north

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport
That would fit NICELY in the JT... Imagine that with a big Garrett GTX-R series turbo, some extrude-honed 75 hp injector nozzles, upgraded HPFP, ARP 425 headstuds, and EFI Live custom tuning. It would be pushing 350/700+. And imagine that sound pumping out of a 4” turbo-back straightpipe. :devil::devil::devil:

Damn, I’m getting a chub just imagining it! :CWL:
I wanted to put one of them in my YJ but would arguably be cooler in the JT much better than the ecodiesel. To bad the government gets to control our petty use of natural resources and tell the free market what they can and can't make.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to put one of them in my YJ but would arguably be cooler in the JT much better than the ecodiesel. To bad the government gets to control our petty use of natural resources and tell the free market what they can and can't make.
This is why I hate the EPA’s very existence, and the government for their gross overreach into every facet of our lives.

F*** ‘em!

Sponsored

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
I’m pumped for the Bronco! It’s about time Jeep has some competition. Definitely coming right for the Wrangler and it will have an impact. I know lots of Jeep fans excited for the Bronco. My generation is not brand loyal. Jeep has done nothing to keep my business. Maybe this will give Jeep a kick in the nuts to get rid of the tired pentastar and improve their QC.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2020 Hydro blue Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
Thanks for the picture. I have not seen that option until now. But I am still not sure if anyone would be able to carry anything
large like a couch or a few sheets of plywood in the bed. Any spec on the bed size?

On another note, and more on par with the OP. I do think it is a cool looking vehicle and if it holds true to the original Bronco’s pedigree it should also be very capable off road.
That’s just an artist rendition I nabbed off google. I’m not sure where I heard or read but I think they are going to be following up with a truck version in a couple years.

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
The Bronco want be much competition for the Gladiator, it's not a Truck but a SUV. More competition for wrangler owners for sure but I don't see FCA budging on price, they never have before and haven't had a problem selling Jeep Wranglers. People shopping for a truck with off road capabilities want be looking at a Bronco. Plus I'd bet money that resale on a Bronco want hold a flame to resale on a JT or JL. I like the fact that Ford is offering it though. If they would of dropped a V8 in it then they would definitely be ahead of the game. Ford lost me when they stopped offering the Raptor with a V8. I'd still probably buy another Mustang, but that's about all Ford sells that I'm interested in now and I used to be a all in Ford guy.
Well I’d get used to the idea of not getting a V8 because they are on life support right now as it is. As far as the Bronco not offering a V8 is simply because it doesn’t fit. I have heard that they can fit the turbo V6 from the Explorer ST in it and let me tell from an owners point of view is that, that thing moves! If they come out with a raptor version I expect that to be the motor they use.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Well I’d get used to the idea of not getting a V8 because they are on life support right now as it is. As far as the Bronco not offering a V8 is simply because it doesn’t fit. I have heard that they can fit the turbo V6 from the Explorer ST in it and let me tell from an owners point of view is that, that thing moves! If they come out with a raptor version I expect that to be the motor they use.
There is now way ever I would pay $50,000+ for a Ford Explorer, to each his own on that, but I don't care what kind of engine is in it or how it scoots down the road. I really don't care how fast it moves, I want the pulling power. I got a Mustang 5.0 and BMW 440i to drive if I want go fast. If I'm spending $50,000 plus on a Ford it will be a well build 5.0

NEWBWHEELER

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Free loader
There is now way ever I would pay $50,000+ for a Ford Explorer, to each his own on that, but I don't care what kind of engine is in it or how it scoots down the road. I really don't care how fast it moves, I want the pulling power. I got a Mustang 5.0 and BMW 440i to drive if I want go fast. If I'm spending $50,000 plus on a Ford it will be a well build 5.0
Well your free to spend your 50k on what ever you want. As far as well built 5.0 ford motors go I suggest you go grab a new mustang while they still offer them or me thinks you will be buying used.

edit: Also just out of curiosity in the Explorers segment what would you suggest as a better option?
Sponsored