Sponsored

2021 Bronco

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Where is the confirmation of the 2.7l ecoboost? I’ve only seen the 2.3l ecoboost that’s in the Ranger mentioned as of late. 2.7l would make me want one, 2.3l wouldn’t make me want to make the switch.
No official confirmation for anything but apparently someone decoded a data dump of sales codes or something. We shall see because a 2.7L Eco in front of a 7-speed manual is the kind of thing that would bring me back to Ford. Especially if it actually comes with 4.70:1 diffs, dual lockers, and 35's stock. That's exactly the kind of daily driver I want that can spend a little time in the dirt if we needed it to without any real mods. It also means I can go apeshit on the JT and make it a dedicated trail rig in a few years once the early adopters work out the bugs on the Bronco.
Sponsored

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
can’t wait to have legit competition, even if IFS. Eager to see how it does vs a Wrangler. IFS is not for me but a little competition is great for the off-roading community

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
don't beg guy...free country.....everybody has opinions....however, the Raptor has one of the lowest depreciating value percentages of any current vehicle.
It really doesn't other than the fact it's a pickup and literally all pickups traditionally do well. The Tacoma, Wrangler, Tundra, and 4Runner are pretty much four of the top 5 every year.

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
It really doesn't other than the fact it's a pickup and literally all pickups traditionally do well. The Tacoma, Wrangler, Tundra, and 4Runner are pretty much four of the top 5 every year.
Even my Canyon held its value pretty damn well. I put 62k miles on it and I traded it I for $6k less than I paid for it new.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Even my Canyon held its value pretty damn well. I put 62k miles on it and I traded it I for $6k less than I paid for it new.
Yeah I lost $2k on my Tacoma after 20k and 2 years when I picked up the JT... GMC and Toyota seem to rule the truck market as far as resale goes because the Sierra is the best of the big 3 typically.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Yeah I lost $2k on my Tacoma after 20k and 2 years when I picked up the JT... GMC and Toyota seem to rule the truck market as far as resale goes because the Sierra is the best of the big 3 typically.
Yeah, that was a little over three year and a lot more miles so not too far off. Tacomas hold their value like crazy.

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
The Raptor actually does have a great depreciation rate (one of the best). Also, all trucks do not keep their value, i.e. dodge, nissan, etc. You mentioned the Wrangler in this post....not a truck. Yes, Toyota products do keep their value more than most brands.

Sponsored

2021Buyer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon; 2015 Ram Laramie
I'd buy this if FCA would produce it but we probably want ever see it.

https___api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2019_04_hero.jpeg

https://www.thedrive.com/news/27336...r-pickup-truck-wont-be-happening-anytime-soon
What a GREAT truck this is! The proportions of this are SOOOOO much better than the current Gladiator - this would bury the Bronco. Jeep should should be careful that Ford builds a Bronco pickup with a regular or extended cab - rather than simply offering a crew cab based on this "lifestyle" crap rationale....

Bowerss2

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator, 1980 Chevrolet Corvette, 1930 Ford Roadster Pickup, 1930 Ford Station Wagon, 1930 Ford Phaeton, and an awesome 2004 Ford E-250 (the dangerwagon)
What a GREAT truck this is! The proportions of this are SOOOOO much better than the current Gladiator - this would bury the Bronco. Jeep should should be careful that Ford builds a Bronco pickup with a regular or extended cab - rather than simply offering a crew cab based on this "lifestyle" crap rationale....
A 2 seat pickup would never sell. I know you and a lot of other people thing otherwise, but extended cabs, and standard cabs are extremely niche outside of fleet vehicles. I agree it looks better, heck the 2 door wrangler looks way better than the 4 door; but look at the sales figures. The gladiator is a niche vehicle as it is, standard or crew cab would be a niche of a niche.

Many people who say "WHY DONT THEY MAKE THIS I WOULD TOTALLY BUY IT" never would. People said that about the diesel Grand Cherokee (that they killed for 2020) My local dealer had a list of over 50 people who said they wanted one "oh i would TOTALLY buy this if it was only a diesel". How many actually ordered a jeep product? about 20, how many of those were diesels? 0.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Just watched it. Seems more Raptor than rock crawler. No solid front axle. Seems made to go fast over bumps. Clear they went after the Wrangler big time. "Body mounted mirrors" Store the doors in the Bronco.

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer
Thought the video was pretty cool. Reminded me why I put it on my list with the Gladiator and Ranger. Seems like some fun vehicles keep getting made, props to the manufacturers for not turning everything into electric cars.
Sponsored