Sponsored

2021 Bronco

siggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU
Launch Edition sold out in one day. Delivery is another story, but your comparison is flawed.
Got me! We’ll see which lands with the end user the quickest ;) We’ll have to wait for that comparison. In the mean time, care to wager?
Sponsored

Under-Pressure

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
[Q
I don’t see how any of you guys could go from a Jeep to a shitty made Ford
I do it daily & Find the Ford's to be a better all around product. I used to rely solely on Dodge's / Jeep's & was pretty brand loyal at one time. A couple of lemons & piss poor customer service from FCA steered me away. I switched to Ford trucks & SUV's a few years ago and have been pleasantly shocked with the overall ownership. Truly a breath of fresh air. A quick glance thru the warranty section of this forum reinforces my thoughts. Sad to see so many people run thru the corporate mud. Maybe @JeepCares can shed some light on corporate policy?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Did you look for the carpet tearouts for the other plugs like there is for the fronts? I would think FCA figures most wont take it out regularly, if ever. Dunno, just thinking
I found the ones up front. There might have been one or two in the back. But nowhere close to the number of those things I found when i tore up the carpet. Just seems strange to me that the publish how the inside is waterproof and its water fording depth, yet have carpet that hard to remove. I got the sides of the carpet wet from a storm. It took forever for it to dry.

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Spec sheet says M210 and M220 axles? I wonder if they're similar spec and if that means the aftermarket will get off their fucking ass and get us some more locker/LSD options. Looking at you Eaton.

Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
[Q

I do it daily & Find the Ford's to be a better all around product. I used to rely solely on Dodge's / Jeep's & was pretty brand loyal at one time. A couple of lemons & piss poor customer service from FCA steered me away. I switched to Ford trucks & SUV's a few years ago and have been pleasantly shocked with the overall ownership. Truly a breath of fresh air. A quick glance thru the warranty section of this forum reinforces my thoughts. Sad to see so many people run thru the corporate mud. Maybe @JeepCares can shed some light on corporate policy?
I think everyone is going to have their own purchasing based on life experiences. I can say I would not buy another Ford because I got burned on two vehicles and have had great success with Dodge Rams over the last 10-15 years. My wife won't buy anything but Honda cause she swears by their reliability she/we have had.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Xplan is not invoice + $150

I actually reserved one. Unlike the FCAs Launch, Ford is going to prioritize reserved buyers ($100 refundable deposit) by producing reserved vehicles BEFORE dealer allocations. Real DA move by FCA to make LE buyers wait. My dealer already confirmed he will sell to me at XPlan (invoice price plus $150 fixed fee) because my order doesn’t affect his allotment. But for those that don’t reserve, expect AMV

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Too expensive and too much power. IMHO no need for a 6.4 in this midsize truck. The 5.7 was insanely powerful in my Ram 1500 (full size). If they could shoehorn the 5.7L Hemi with an equally good transmission in the Gladiator, here's my money, take it now. I'd even forego a manual transmission for a powertrain like that in a Gladiator format. Ram transmission was the ZF 8HP70 8-speed. The 3.92:1 rear end didn't hurt.

FCA, are you listening? ;)
I totally agree and it would get pretty decent mpg in the Gladiator. That would help out tons with the CAFE standards the manufacturers have to deal with. The 6.4l isn’t built remotely for fuel economy. Another reason why I think the 6.4l Wrangler concept is just a concept. Just a red herring to steal a little attention from the Bronco debut.

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Did anybody see the 4xE commercial during the debut?

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Xplan is not invoice + $150
The plans are confusing.

How many vehicles may be obtained through the Ford Partner Recognition (X Plan)?
Eligible employees, retirees and their spouses may purchase or lease four vehicles per calendar year through the Partner Recognition Program (X Plan). Vehicles must be titled and registered in the eligible employee or spouse's name (vehicles may not be titled or registered in a company name). No other family members are eligible for Partner Recognition pricing.

What is Ford Partner Recognition (X-Plan) Pricing?
Partner Recognition pricing is a special pre-determined price, which is based on the following: Ford Employee (A-Plan) price plus 4% plus $150.

How does it work?
How does the Ford X plan work?

1. Eligible employee obtains organization's Partner Recognition Code.
  2. A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is obtained by calling 1-877-XPLAN-00.
  3. Participants visit Bill Brown Ford in Liviona, Michigan and identify themselves as a Partner Recognition (X-Plan) participant. Participant provides Bill Brown Ford in Liviona, Michigan, with a Social Security Number and PIN.
  4. Select a vehicle - 1000's to choose from at Bill Brown Ford in Liviona
  5. Provide proof of employment by an eligible Ford partner through a pay stub, company ID, business card, W-2, etc.
  6. Arrange for delivery through Bill Brown Ford in Liviona, Michigan.
A Plan
A-Plan
For Ford employees. Best possible deal out of all of Ford's discounted Plans.
Pricing = Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee

Z-Plan
For Ford retirees.
Pricing = Same as A-Plan

X-Plan [instruction for getting X-Plan discount]
For friends, family, and groups with special affiliations with Ford.
The "Ford Partner Recognition X-Plan" is a supplier discount that members of certain companies that do business with Ford.
The "Friends & Neighbors X-Plan" is for employees and retirees to sponsor purchases by family and individuals outside their family.
Pricing = Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

D-Plan
For dealer employees and family members.
Pricing = A-Plan + $100

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
ok, but still....Xplan is not invoice + 150

The plans are confusing.

How many vehicles may be obtained through the Ford Partner Recognition (X Plan)?
Eligible employees, retirees and their spouses may purchase or lease four vehicles per calendar year through the Partner Recognition Program (X Plan). Vehicles must be titled and registered in the eligible employee or spouse's name (vehicles may not be titled or registered in a company name). No other family members are eligible for Partner Recognition pricing.

What is Ford Partner Recognition (X-Plan) Pricing?
Partner Recognition pricing is a special pre-determined price, which is based on the following: Ford Employee (A-Plan) price plus 4% plus $150.

How does it work?
How does the Ford X plan work?

1. Eligible employee obtains organization's Partner Recognition Code.
  2. A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is obtained by calling 1-877-XPLAN-00.
  3. Participants visit Bill Brown Ford in Liviona, Michigan and identify themselves as a Partner Recognition (X-Plan) participant. Participant provides Bill Brown Ford in Liviona, Michigan, with a Social Security Number and PIN.
  4. Select a vehicle - 1000's to choose from at Bill Brown Ford in Liviona
  5. Provide proof of employment by an eligible Ford partner through a pay stub, company ID, business card, W-2, etc.
  6. Arrange for delivery through Bill Brown Ford in Liviona, Michigan.
A Plan
A-Plan
For Ford employees. Best possible deal out of all of Ford's discounted Plans.
Pricing = Invoice - Holdback - Advertising Fee + $275 program fee

Z-Plan
For Ford retirees.
Pricing = Same as A-Plan

X-Plan [instruction for getting X-Plan discount]
For friends, family, and groups with special affiliations with Ford.
The "Ford Partner Recognition X-Plan" is a supplier discount that members of certain companies that do business with Ford.
The "Friends & Neighbors X-Plan" is for employees and retirees to sponsor purchases by family and individuals outside their family.
Pricing = Invoice - 0.4% + $275 program fee

D-Plan
For dealer employees and family members.
Pricing = A-Plan + $100
Sponsored