2021 Bronco

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
What do you suggest it is ? That’s the best approximation I could come up with based what dealers have said. Hard to know what the A plan price is going to be for the Bronco. I was told it’s likely to be around 4% below invoice.
Sponsored

Last edited:

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I totally agree and it would get pretty decent mpg in the Gladiator
Especially with the cylinder deactivation from 8 to 4 cyls when you're more relaxed on the throttle. With the Ram I could do 22 mpg out of that 5.7L on 4 cylinders on a flat highway. When you needed to switch back to 8, the power was readily available with barely any delay. Granted, the Ram has better aerodynamics than the Jeep, but then the Jeep is smaller and lighter...

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Especially with the cylinder deactivation from 8 to 4 cyls when you're more relaxed on the throttle. With the Ram I could do 22 mpg out of that 5.7L on 4 cylinders on a flat highway. When you needed to switch back to 8, the power was readily available with barely any delay. Granted, the Ram has better aerodynamics than the Jeep, but then the Jeep is smaller and lighter...
Exactly, I could get 22 mpg at 80 mph on my fathers 5.7l Ram. I can only get 22 mpg in my Gladiator if I set the cruise on 70.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
We realize this is going to rage for a decade? Wait til someone actually does own both... Price, color, equipment, packages, garage space, aftermarket mods mpgs and trails glorious trails. Yay compar-o ... :clap::clap::clap:.

*Please note All broncos suck. There is no compar-o. Signed, Any Jeep ever.

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
The original Bigfoot was a Ford, I figured it was a good throwback reference. I don't see a problem with it.

That’s really cool that’s they did that. I hate the name though, what focus group came up with that brilliant idea?

Sponsored

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
The original Bigfoot was a Ford, I figured it was a good throwback reference. I don't see a problem with it.
I realize that, but Bigfoot would be a much better name. I'm not the only one who thinks this way. Many others have said the same thing. All of the trim packages have kind of obscure names imo.

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Actually, ford’s initial quality is well behind FCA flagship brands Dodge, Ram and Jeep. Bronco will be plenty cool but I’d be concerned at how long its taken to come to market. I welcome it, will make the jeep brand stay sharp.

Mopar or no car!

0619BFE1-29AB-4A7D-8157-95AD33DB6872.jpeg
Ford quality has been close to garbage for a while and just not with numbers. Back in the Daimler days, Chrysler and all its under-brands were held to the fire for really plastic/cheap interiors and rightfully so. Those days are long gone and their interiors are as good as it gets. Ford though, is just awful, awful, awful. Cheap plastic everywhere. They have zero consistency through out the cabin. Everything looks like they had boxes of random buttons and components left over and just slapped everything on wherever they can get it to fit. All of the interior feels like it looks - chincy. Even their F series trucks that sell so well are just run down garbage in the inside and from what you can tell from the pictures of the refresh, none of that has changed. Thing is though, Ford fanatics (based mainly from the trucks and the Mustang) are the Apple fans of the auto industry...no matter what garbage they pile out, they will buy it and then tell everyone how great it is no matter how bad it is. Hey, maybe they learned something with Bronco, but from what I see in the pictures, it looks like all their other interiors which also leads me to believe the quality will be the same. No thanks. Chrysler was held to a standard when their quality really dipped, time someone holds Ford to the same. They build JUNK.

Last edited:

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have owned several Broncos over the years, even traded in my ‘74 CJ5 in on my very first one. I really am partial to the full size, ‘80 through ‘96 body style. This new, “retro” look, just doesn’t do it for me. It they had come out with a full size Bronco, I may be interested. F150 size, 5.4 engine, etc. I’ll keep my Gladiator. I love this thing!

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
That whole report seems HIGHLY askew for me....

Lexus and Porsche have ALWAYS been at the top, its outrageous to see them that far down.

The only part that makes sense on that report is that Land Rover is at the bottom.
One thing that the report can't take into account ....many of the vehicles made by Dodge and Jeep are vehicles that people beat on. What a well used Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Hellcat, or many Porsches go through compared to a Honda Civic is obviously going to be quite different

Last edited:

Sponsored

d k

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Right...but irrelevant of all that, Lexus and Porsche have been the top two for many years.

Additionally, a Lexus owner would take their car in from a slight whistling noise when going 68mph in a slight crosswind...

One thing that the report can't take into account ....many of the vehicles made by Dodge and Jeep are vehicles that people beat on. What a well used Jeep Wrangler, Dodge Hellcat, or many Porsches go through compared to a Honda Civic is obviously going to be quite different

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Some hack writer actually said plastics are better, more durable, weigh less and don't rust. Tried to prove this extends vehicle life expectancy. I would refer the writer to the flimsy inner fender thread, but why bother.

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Right...but irrelevant of all that, Lexus and Porsche have been the top two for many years.

Additionally, a Lexus owner would take their car in from a slight whistling noise when going 68mph in a slight crosswind...
Exactly. To many factors that go into the type of vehicle it is and what type of market it appeals to.

Missionsparta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram
Some hack writer actually said plastics are better, more durable, weigh less and don't rust. Tried to prove this extends vehicle life expectancy. I would refer the writer to the flimsy inner fender thread, but why bother.
That's not the story they were preaching during the Daimler days. And plastic isn't the problem... It's the type of plastic and how and where it is used. Ford uses the cheapest and slaps it everywhere. Again, Ford is the new Apple...no matter what shit they shove out their fan base makes excuses for them.

Last edited:

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That's not the story they were preaching during the Daimler days. And plastic isn't the problem... It's the type of plastic and how and where it is used. Ford uses the cheapest and slaps it everywhere. Again, Ford is the new Apple...no matter what shit they shove out their fan base makes excuses for them.
Agreed. I think the article guy was trying to be supportive of shiny new stuff. So many people are cool with just face value instead of stopping the nonsense. We could be making long lasting modular stuff with interchangeable gadgetry to keep cars current. But nah, I guess we'd rather throw the whole thing on the trash heap to get the next new thing. Probably been that way since the first guy invented the first wheel.
Sponsored