First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler unlimited diesel
Occupation
Military
Sounds like they're acknowledging there's an issue, otherwise they wouldn't be covering it under the warranty. It seems like you're just upset that it needs to get work done to it and they can't do it instantly, but in the end that's kinda normal when it comes to car ownership. It's also a known when going into diesels that they're tougher to get serviced than gassers. Comes with the territory unfortunately.

If you think about it, you can't complain that you have a problem and then go complain right away that it takes them time to fix it. You can complain if/when it becomes excessive via your state's lemon law, but you still need to give them a chance to fix it first.
The jeep folks said that they are going to try to replace the CP4 pump with a CP3 pump because the CP4 pumps are having too many problems and it’s taking the dealer so long to get the pump.
Sponsored

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator 3.0
Occupation
Chimney Sweep
I am in the same boat I bought a 2023 jeep gladiator eco-diesel and it has spent over 70 days in the shop has already had the fuel pump recall done And is still having problems. Jeep will not do anything for me so I have to get a lawyer. It is not even a year old. They have replaced wire, harnesses camshaft position sensors computers ripped my whole engine apart put it back together to no avail. Now I am leaking oil everywhere with the same problems going on as well. The engineers told my dealership that I am not the only one having these problems, and that it should be another recall down the road.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I am in the same boat I bought a 2023 jeep gladiator eco-diesel and it has spent over 70 days in the shop has already had the fuel pump recall done And is still having problems. Jeep will not do anything for me so I have to get a lawyer. It is not even a year old. They have replaced wire, harnesses camshaft position sensors computers ripped my whole engine apart put it back together to no avail. Now I am leaking oil everywhere with the same problems going on as well. The engineers told my dealership that I am not the only one having these problems, and that it should be another recall down the road.
I feel your pain. My 2021 has been in the shop for over 70 days and has left me stranded 1000 miles from home for up to 10 days 4 times. 2 turbos replaced, lots of DEF issues, exhaust replaces from manifolds to and including CAT and plenty more issues. They keep fixing and throwing parts at it. Recall still not fixed, dealer says only gets one part in a week and has a long list. The Italian diesel never should have been pit in a Jeep. Their warranty costs and all the issues is the main reason they don't offer them anymore.

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
I have a 2021 and I have a 2022 Ram and became friendly with the local diesel tech that works on both.

interesting thing is when he took the job he had to sign an agreement that said he could not talk about what he knows. In other words if there is a problem and he talks and it costs Jeep or cummins or fiat a bunch of money he can be held liable.

the 3 vs 4 pump issue there is a lot more to the story and it sucks that the manufacturers won't pay for the real mistakes and the little guy gets screwed.

my 2021 GlaDIATOR HAS 4.88'S D60's and turns a 40 inch tire and I will not let them do the recall per my techs advise. 15k hard run miles and it runs great, knock on wood.

pay real close attention to the pumps, they have an internal design issue and some pumps are ok and some self destruct.

Ram in 2021 had a bad batch and Ram had a def contamination kit, normally it was for when people put def in the fuel tank. the real story is the trucks were coming already contaminated due to pump failure and it was really from the internal design issue.

i will leave you with this cups, rollers, keyways 4.3 pumps

dealers are mis diagnosing more than resolving issues exhaust temp is crucial, monitor that

turbos rarely fail but a bad mechanic will quicly blame them but the issue is not that normally. something to do with manifolds

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
..............I will not let them do the recall per my techs advise.
What is the reasoning for not doing the recall?

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10
My truck runs fine, the recall I refer to is the software adjustment to satisfy the emission police.

I know others that had problems after this update. if it effects exhaust temp, rpm's and when a regen occurs the wrong formula can grenade the cat system.

we regear and run mods so they play a role also so more variables.
Sponsored