2021 Ecodiesel Big Issues beaware

Frankdiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford f-250 KR, 2016 silverado, 2021 gladiator
Occupation
A headache according to the wife
Hi to everyone, I am new here and I am here to write to you about my experience with a 2021 Jeep Gladiator, hopefully my experience will help someone save their time and money.

so here it is, I bought a 2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel, I bought it for my wife, she loved it, well, we had some small issues from day 3, but those small set backs are nothing compared to the issue at hand,
we managed to put on 4882 miles and had a major breakdown, the Jeep died on the freeway with no warning, the vehicle gets towed to the dealer, the truck sat at the dealer for over 40 days before they started to work on it and that was not till after we contacted an attorney, it turns out, the fuel pump went out, taking him it, the entire fuel system, everything had to be replaced, fuel pump,tank, lines, injectors, some sensors etc etc,

After day 54, the jeep gets fixed and we managed to drive it a whole 140 miles before the check engine light came on and the truck started running rough. Once the truck was back at the dealer, it was diagnose with a P026D code or something like that, the dealer "fixed again", we drove it less than 1000 miles, and the light is on again, not doing the regent properly and its running rough again, that will sum up to be about 65 days at the dealer out of a total of 5 months we have owned this truck, all this time, no loaner, no rental, and the service writer at the dealer suggested to hand me a "box of matches" , the same service writer got mad when I submited all of my info for a claim including his "box of matches" joke, he suggested for me not to fill out the survey because it will look the dealer and the manufacturer bad, please people becareful what you buy, all the good talk about warranty and customer service goes out the door once you sign the bank deal,

I forgot to mention it is also not charging now,
Sponsored

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
Hi to everyone, I am new here and I am here to write to you about my experience with a 2021 Jeep Gladiator, hopefully my experience will help someone save their time and money.

so here it is, I bought a 2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel, I bought it for my wife, she loved it, well, we had some small issues from day 3, but those small set backs are nothing compared to the issue at hand,
we managed to put on 4882 miles and had a major breakdown, the Jeep died on the freeway with no warning, the vehicle gets towed to the dealer, the truck sat at the dealer for over 40 days before they started to work on it and that was not till after we contacted an attorney, it turns out, the fuel pump went out, taking him it, the entire fuel system, everything had to be replaced, fuel pump,tank, lines, injectors, some sensors etc etc,

After day 54, the jeep gets fixed and we managed to drive it a whole 140 miles before the check engine light came on and the truck started running rough. Once the truck was back at the dealer, it was diagnose with a P026D code or something like that, the dealer "fixed again", we drove it less than 1000 miles, and the light is on again, not doing the regent properly and its running rough again, that will sum up to be about 65 days at the dealer out of a total of 5 months we have owned this truck, all this time, no loaner, no rental, and the service writer at the dealer suggested to hand me a "box of matches" , the same service writer got mad when I submited all of my info for a claim including his "box of matches" joke, he suggested for me not to fill out the survey because it will look the dealer and the manufacturer bad, please people becareful what you buy, all the good talk about warranty and customer service goes out the door once you sign the bank deal,

Sorry to hear this is happening to you and your wife. It sucks, but I’d say the majority of owners aren’t having the level of issues you are having. Lemon law?

Hopefully you don’t lose total faith in Jeep, the eco or the Gladiator. Its a great truck/motor. I haven’t had any issues to date. I’m sure there are a handful of unfortunate enthusiasts on other vehicle web forums that are going through frustrating issues as well.

bummer, sorry.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to hear of all the issues. Remember that the dealerships are separate entities that jeep brand its self so despite selling their product, they some times don’t hold up to expectations.

You can, and should, have your truck taken to a different dealership and have them review the problems and the work done. Im willing to bet another service section would be happy to take your business.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Frankdiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ford f-250 KR, 2016 silverado, 2021 gladiator
Occupation
A headache according to the wife
thank you. for those that replied, indeed a Lemon law suit is on the works, I offered Jeep to buy it back and they refused even as the jeep sat at the dealer for those many days in a row, I am going to vynil wrap the Gladiator with a "very special I am a lemon wrap" going to drive it around like that and maybe if it becomes viral they will listen easier, will keep you guys posted, as for selling it as someone mentioned, its hard to sell a 2021 Rubicon with Lift and 37s from the dealer at a price where I wont loose an arm and a leg

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
Definitely issues with that truck, but it sounds like you have a lot of issues with that dealership as well. Is there another one somewhere that you could use, I sure wouldn't want to give them the chance to sit on my truck for another 45 days and not fix the problem again.

2TH MVR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD. Audi A7, Alfa Romeo 4C
Occupation
Orthodontist
I know I would be pissed in your situation. But this sounds like another dealership screw up. I get it that cars break from time to time, but come on dealerships ...... go the extra mile to help a buyer of your product during those rare times of mechanical issues.

It's not the Jeep. It's the lack of warranty support in a timely manner. Lack of a simple loaner. Parts on back order .... then give a loaner. This isn't brain surgery.

Good luck OP.

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I am sorry to hear your problems. I bought a Jeep diesel knowing these problems. First the dealer sounds low tier and no excuse for that. Second I believe the fuel pump is the same manufacture from Germany that makes the pump for Ram, Ford, and Chevy diesels that have had the same problem. I believe where I buy fuel and additives I use may help. There are also many more that are fine from all brands that are fine.

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
Have you presented this information to Jeep Customer Cares?

I had an issue with a Cherokee, I gave the dealership 2 chances to fix it and then contacted Jeep/FCA/Stellantis (corporate). They kept it for a couple weeks, hooked up a black-box/"flight" recorder to see what the issue was causing components to fail. They replaces the failing items and didn't have any further issues. Also, once I got Jeep involved I was issued me a loaner.

Sponsored

wvuviv30

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Live Sound Engineer - Meerkat Sound
easy lemon law candidate

sorry to hear your experience was so bad
It varies by state.
But in Maryland, the trips/days counter starts AFTER you send a certified letter to Jeep and States Attorneys Office.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
Fuel pumps can go bad, even new ones. When they go bad on a diesel many parts downstream are trashed. Bad luck there. Your other issues sound like non-diesel specific. But throw on a crappy dealership= I’d be angling to make some Lemonade -

BBALL999

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Ford F250 Tremor
Occupation
Retired

Sounds like something other than diesel fuel was put in your fuel tank
the gas caps are not locked and anyone can put something in there.
Sponsored