First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
Its due to cooling issues, which is why the ecodiesel will tow less than a gas JT.
I read that the intercooler blocks too much of the air flow to the radiator. I'm thinking they could have found a way to mount it elsewhere.
Sponsored

AUeng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NotAJeep :(
Anyone else on the edge of their seat hoping the September order guide (assuming there will be an updated guide) has additional color choices!? Any word on this from folks who are "in the know?"

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Occupation
Engineer
Another Gobi fan here, patiently waiting to order with dwindling hopes... a few days ago I saw a post from last year that had a chart when all colors were released. Has anyone seen that for 2021? Seems gobi wasn’t released until mid to late sept in 2019. Given that was pre-COVID, I’m considering waiting a few more months just to be sure. Is there no way to find out from FCA what colors they have planned for 2021?

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator
Another Gobi fan here, patiently waiting to order with dwindling hopes... a few days ago I saw a post from last year that had a chart when all colors were released. Has anyone seen that for 2021? Seems gobi wasn’t released until mid to late sept in 2019. Given that was pre-COVID, I’m considering waiting a few more months just to be sure. Is there no way to find out from FCA what colors they have planned for 2021?
I thought colors were already released for 2021 with no Gobi. New colors are sarge green, nacho, and gecko.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I thought colors were already released for 2021 with no Gobi. New colors are sarge green, nacho, and gecko.
I hope there are more but I am going to wait until Nov to order for two reasons - 1. hoping on new colors like Gobi or Gater 2. Was going to get the diesel but if they are going to release the Hybrid Gladiator the same time they do the Wranger I'll go for the Hybrids 375HP and 460 lbft of torque.

I just don't want to do this again in a year or two to move up the hybrid ;-)

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Still no September guide out, huh?

Cernst

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Diesel Gladiator '94 Land Cruiser '08 Ram 4500
Has anyone had issues configuring the 2021 diesel Gladiator for it's maximum tow rating (6,500lbs according to Jeep.com: https://www.jeep.com/2021/gladiator/capability.html#engines/ecodiesel)? I seem to always end up in the 4,000-4,500lb range for tow rating. Also, the fuel mileage seems to be duplicated for the diesel and gas engines in the configurator, and not the 22/28 that they claim for the diesel. It's been this way for a few weeks now.

In any case, I've been perusing this forum for a few months as I try to figure out which model and options would best fit my needs and the information provided in the forum has been really helpful and much appreciated!

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
I hope there are more but I am going to wait until Nov to order for two reasons - 1. hoping on new colors like Gobi or Gater 2. Was going to get the diesel but if they are going to release the Hybrid Gladiator the same time they do the Wranger I'll go for the Hybrids 375HP and 460 lbft of torque.

I just don't want to do this again in a year or two to move up the hybrid ;-)
I was really wanting diesel but now back on the fence as I am also interested in a Mojave and interested in V8 possibility. Wish I could buy 2. So..... guess I just wait for now.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I was really wanting diesel but now back on the fence as I am also interested in a Mojave and interested in V8 possibility. Wish I could buy 2. So..... guess I just wait for now.
I spent so much time in the last 6 mos considering diesel, but from everything I kept reading... if you're doing a lot of short driving, it isn't necessarily the smartest choice. I finally decided I get plenty with a gasser.

Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
My plans are and have been to trade my gasser Rubicon on a diesel Rubicon (since I can't get the Mojave with the diesel) in November, but...................I like the JL 4Xe with 375hp and 460lbft of torque that will be out in Nov according to Jeep. Question is, will they put that in the Gladiator as I think I would go for that over the diesel.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
My plans are and have been to trade my gasser Rubicon on a diesel Rubicon (since I can't get the Mojave with the diesel) in November, but...................I like the JL 4Xe with 375hp and 460lbft of torque that will be out in Nov according to Jeep. Question is, will they put that in the Gladiator as I think I would go for that over the diesel.
They have said they plan to bring it to the Gladiator as well. I think they said they plan to have an electric version in every Jeep line within the next 5 years... but the charts they had when the Gladiator announced said by 2022 for everything. Personally, I think the 4xe is the poo and the next time I upgrade (long time from now) I'll go that route.

jwrigh64

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 and Audi Q7
I spent so much time in the last 6 mos considering diesel, but from everything I kept reading... if you're doing a lot of short driving, it isn't necessarily the smartest choice. I finally decided I get plenty with a gasser.
Still no September order guide? Also where’d you end up ordering from? Live in Denver and working with the Idaho group but wondering if there is someone closer. Waiting on sarge.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Still no September order guide? Also where’d you end up ordering from? Live in Denver and working with the Idaho group but wondering if there is someone closer. Waiting on sarge.
I ordered from Prestige Jeep in Longmont. I had tried to buy a 2020 at Employee Pricing back in July, deal fell through and the salesman honored the rate when I ordered at the beginning of August. I'm not sure they'd honor that, but I was talking to someone else that had gotten a really good deal there... so I think you just have to push and you may be able to get a great deal. I got around 5% under invoice.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
No September guide?
Sponsored