2021 Mojave bed cover

pathfindercod

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A91 Edition Refraction Blue, Jeep Gladiator MoJave
I tried to buy a tri-fold cover today. I told them it is a 2021 Mojave. After 30 minutes they came out and said they changed the bed so the cover for the 20 doesn't fit the 21 properly. This was my local Jeep dealer. He said he doesn't know how it changed and the computer doesn't list a cover available for the 2021. Anyone with a 2021 JT have a flush or low profile cover that fits good?
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I believe the difference is the missing nutzerts in the two front corners of the bed on the newer models. There are two versions of the soft tri-fold cover showing on the Mopar site. The difference is probably the additional pieces necessary, since it is around $30 more than the older version.

OP
OP

pathfindercod

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you, sir. Iā€™ll check out their site. I might go aftermarket at this point like a more rugged one or maybe the weather tech or linex. Gonna do some googling, lol.

I believe the difference is the missing nutzerts in the two front corners of the bed on the newer models. There are two versions of the soft tri-fold cover showing on the Mopar site. The difference is probably the additional pieces necessary, since it is around $30 more than the older version.

mtgustin

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Past: 76' CJ-7, 2013 GC Altitude 5.7, 87 Wrangler
Occupation
Horribly underpaid government worker
I tried to buy a tri-fold cover today. I told them it is a 2021 Mojave. After 30 minutes they came out and said they changed the bed so the cover for the 20 doesn't fit the 21 properly. This was my local Jeep dealer. He said he doesn't know how it changed and the computer doesn't list a cover available for the 2021. Anyone with a 2021 JT have a flush or low profile cover that fits good?
I picked this one up:

Gator ETX Soft Tri-Fold Truck Bed Tonneau Cover | 59701 | Fits 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT) w/o track rail 5' Bed | Made in the USA

AMAZON.COM

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Canā€™t help with the ā€˜20 to ā€˜21 change but I would recommend you get a roll up cover, much easier to deal with if you need the bed open to haul something the tri fold just gets in the way or blocks rear vision.

shyoung1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave(SOLD) 2023 F350 Superduty
I like my WeatherTech hard trifold. Very low profile and well made.

Luxy60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Canā€™t help with the ā€˜20 to ā€˜21 change but I would recommend you get a roll up cover, much easier to deal with if you need the bed open to haul something the tri fold just gets in the way or blocks rear vision.
My thoughts too. Do you have the Jeep OEM cover or go with an after-market? How do you like the one you have? Any flapping at high speed or sagging?

Sponsored

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM
I have a 2021 mojave and wanted a hard cover that didn't block the rear window when completely open so I went with the rugged ridge armis hard rolling tonneau cover. I have been happy with it so far.

The 2 nutserts that are missing on 2021s not shipped with a tonneau are the issue. I just bought 2 nuts and washers ... getting them in place is definitely a pain because there isn't a lot of space between the cab and the bed.

I wouldn't limit which tonneau you select based off of inclusion of nutzerts in the kit. I would get what you like and then if they are not included either
1) use nuts and washers like I did
2) there is a discussion about this somewhere else on the forum and they identified the nutserts to order

No matter what, have fun and good luck

P.s. - I ordered my tonneau as the 2021s were being released so don't use this as an indication as to whether rugged ridge does or does not include nutserts

P.p.s. - here is a discussion about nutsert installation https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/mopar-trail-rail-kit-installation.18879/
And a discussion about the change from 2020 to 2021
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/hardware-missing-on-front-of-the-bed.35531/

Last edited:
OP
OP

pathfindercod

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for all the info. Think Iā€™ll just got with the lomax or weather tech that doesnā€™t need any special stuff and just mounts to the bed lip with clamps.

Detroit Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Master of Time & Space
May be a stupid question....but does installation of the weathertech/lomax require any particular skill set?

OP
OP

pathfindercod

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May be a stupid question....but does installation of the weathertech/lomax require any particular skill set?
no, I just out my Lomax on last weekend and made a trip to pigeon forge this week. Took me about 20 minutes to install and it works great. Just need a 13mm wrench or socket if I remember and thatā€™s it.
Sponsored