Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Nope.
Hint: The truck won't turn on at all. Momentary button required to start w/latching bypass if needed for other users (dealers) and no relay used.

I made a plug and play harness that looks factory. Total $40 in materials.

Edit: I wanted to confuses the thieves and making them feels like they're doing something wrong.
I’m impressed you found something that works with remote start. I also wanted to retain that.
Nicely done!
I’d be curious how long it took, I might be interested in doing this if it’s not too crazy.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
congrats keep that jeep in the garage grab a set of air tags if your using an Iphone and put it in your jeep (make sure to remove the internal speakers)
Already debunked and found to be ineffective.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I’m impressed you found something that works with remote start. I also wanted to retain that.
Nicely done!
I’d be curious how long it took, I might be interested in doing this if it’s not too crazy.
What do you have to do when get in and start it? Press the big round button, yes, but what else?
There are other ways, too, but it's an easy way to allow remote start, but not a start with fob from inside the vehicle.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
What do you have to do when get in and start it? Press the big round button, yes, but what else?
There are other ways, too, but it's an easy way to allow remote start, but not a start with fob from inside the vehicle.
Sounds like a simple toggle switch spliced into the hot or ground wire going into the Press To Start Button.

So I guess he made a Y harness so that you don't have to cut into the OEM harness.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
You need to Push the brake and push after doing remote start (just like normal), that’s why I wondered if there was something to switch on the brake. I’m not educated enough on the electrical system to know that.

funny story, someone mentioned the club and then the club that goes on the brake pedal… years ago I went to go move my roommate’s girlfriend’s car at night for some reason and had no idea these brake clubs existed. Well it depressed enough to start the car and shift but not enough to actually stop the car, so I rolled her car into another car in the parking lot. Oops!

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Well congrats on the new JT

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
where and how?
In another thread. They only work IF there are other Apple devices (iPhones) around, and they can be so easily detected by any phone,. Even with speaker killed, I can find them with my phone and disable them. Yup, you can actually use your phone to jam the signal from those devices. There's software and dedicated devices to kill 'em
I have an app on my own phone - to make sure no one is stalking my wife when she travels.
Plus, a thief is going to be well equipped to find and kill such well-known and talked about devices, and of course, they are worthless if the vehicle leaves the city and goes to an area like ours where there aren't iPhones everywhere.

Oh, not that again. That's already been talked about. Why pay hundreds for such a thing when you can do the same thing yourself for under 50 bucks. It's not that great but sure gets attention because of all the hype. A video about that thing has been posted in another thread.
I don't get it - it's so very easy for someone with any automotive electric skill to do better than that thing and for cheaper. All of the negatives were covered a week or so ago.
But it's got it's cult fan club.

Back to basics - why over-think this? It's not that hard to disable these or prevent certain types of theft. In the end, if they want it, they will get it, period.
Basics will prevent 90% of thefts.
I suspect that folks haven't read through the posts in the first 15 pages. Almost all of this has been covered in this thread and in another related thread.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I suspect that folks haven't read through the posts in the first 15 pages. Almost all of this has been covered in this thread and in another related thread.
What crazy talk reading through a thread before posting.

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
In another thread. They only work IF there are other Apple devices (iPhones) around, and they can be so easily detected by any phone,. Even with speaker killed, I can find them with my phone and disable them. Yup, you can actually use your phone to jam the signal from those devices. There's software and dedicated devices to kill 'em
I have an app on my own phone - to make sure no one is stalking my wife when she travels.
Plus, a thief is going to be well equipped to find and kill such well-known and talked about devices, and of course, they are worthless if the vehicle leaves the city and goes to an area like ours where there aren't iPhones everywhere.

Oh, not that again. That's already been talked about. Why pay hundreds for such a thing when you can do the same thing yourself for under 50 bucks. It's not that great but sure gets attention because of all the hype. A video about that thing has been posted in another thread.
I don't get it - it's so very easy for someone with any automotive electric skill to do better than that thing and for cheaper. All of the negatives were covered a week or so ago.
But it's got it's cult fan club.

Back to basics - why over-think this? It's not that hard to disable these or prevent certain types of theft. In the end, if they want it, they will get it, period.
Basics will prevent 90% of thefts.
get-off-my-lawn.gif

Nah, just busting your balls.

All your points are farely accurate, but you also have to realize that a lot of people are either...lazy...or just not capable of the electrical/mechanical work required to wire in a switch.
Just read the numerous threads online, not just this forum, that start with...dropped my rig off at the shop to get...or...just picked my rig up from the shop, had XYZ installed today.
Not saying everyone is that way, but there sure are a lot more than when I first started reading online forums.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Not everyone has that. And a previous theft had no luck with guardian finding his vehicle. I didn't receive any savings on my auto insurance but having that service.
And once your initial freebie runs out it's very expensive to keep.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
The Tazer mini now has pin-to drive too. I use pin-to-drive and put my fob in a faraday box. It's a small price to prevent a BIG problem.

Also crazy to me Jeep leaves the hood completely unsecured from factory. Putting locking hood latches on was literally my first mod, right after that locking fuel and DEF caps.

I don't trust people as far as I can throw them, and it's only going to get worse from here as Western societies devolve.
Let me know when you find that locking DEF cap, send a link please.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
But that's exactly how they work... if ANY iOS device comes within range of that Airtag, that device is unknowingly used to send that Airtag's location to the owner. It's also possible to physically disassemble an Airtag to disable the speaker in it to make it harder for the thief to locate (since he will be warned that an Airtag is following him around if he has an iPhone).
Still they probably won't do much good when you're beloved JT is in a conex box out in the ocean, typically happens within hours.
Sponsored