Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
@ShadowsPapa I believe the ghost II has the functions you are asking about
IGLA has a four-button-press limit for the 'PIN code' if I'm not mistaken, and runs around USD $500. The Ghost II supports up to 20 button presses and runs around CAD $1800. Based on one video I've seen on the YouBoob, IGLA works with the Compustar Pro T13; not aware of Ghost II compatibility. With the Compustar system quoted at CAD $1450 installed, forking out an additional load of cash is less appealing. I may re-think this, however, considering again the cost of losing the value of all the planned mods.
Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Yeah but a small box and foil are free.
But to your point - there's really no excuse for leaving fobs where the signal can be so easily accessed while the truck is in your garage or driveway or out front of your house. .
@ShadowsPapa Is on the right track with the aluminum foil... just takes one/two layers and it works like a charm. I wrapped my spare fob generously and tucked it away. With my daily use fob, The process of wrapping and unwrapping foil didn't work for me, so I created a foil/duct tape sleeve. It easily slides into my pocket when on the go and the key stays put when hanging my keys at home. I left my fob in the sleeve once after remote starting and when pushing the start/run button, I got a "key fob not found" error message and my keys were in the front cup holder.... proof enough for me... this was my first quick attempt, but with more thought/time I/you could come up with something nicer or anything you like... especially with all the cool duct tape available now.
Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTRD stolen from driveway (don't let it happen to you) 20230205_130558
Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTRD stolen from driveway (don't let it happen to you) 20230205_130619
Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTRD stolen from driveway (don't let it happen to you) 20230205_130631
Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTRD stolen from driveway (don't let it happen to you) 20230205_130645

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
I think I've decided on the Compustar T13 system with alarm. Not clear on how much engine kill functionality it will have--the owner of the local certified installation place just told me the remote start doesn't play well with kill, but other online docs say it's a feature. Anyone here have this system on their Gladiator? Would appreciate any thoughts on it. It'll be $1449 total (not including tax)... that's hefty but better than losing $30K in aftermarket updates to my rig.
So sorry I'm late seeing this. Hopefully you haven't purchased yet. The only option to 100% ensure the vehicle can't be stolen even with the keys in it is the Revelco plug.

Ravelco

Sure the JT can be towed away but ain't no one driving it away if you keep the plug with you every time you leave the vehicle. And I just renewed the guardian package that comes with the truck [$260 for the first year and then goes to $310]. Report the vehicle stolen and the address where it is goes straight to the police.

I love mine. It cost about $600 to include the free install. They didn't come to the house as advertised but sent me to a nearby major GM dealer who installed it in about 4 hours. Some install on the dash, I keep mine in the console right behind the shifter.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So sorry I'm late seeing this. Hopefully you haven't purchased yet. The only option to 100% ensure the vehicle can't be stolen even with the keys in it is the Revelco plug.

Ravelco
Have you read the rest of the thread? Differing opinions.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I did. I don't use Valet service and The Ontario Canada price is $800. I will tell you I talked them and got more than one discount and paid way less than the $600 price at the time I bought mine---just checked and the Jeep is now $760 [Thank You Brandon]

The important things are:
1. The Ravelco hasn't been defeated because they hide the wiring within all sorts of other functions.
2. You've obviously done a ton of research and will get the system you want---and I'm sure it will work great.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
@ShadowsPapa Is on the right track with the aluminum foil... just takes one/two layers and it works like a charm. I wrapped my spare fob generously and tucked it away. With my daily use fob, The process of wrapping and unwrapping foil didn't work for me, so I created a foil/duct tape sleeve. It easily slides into my pocket when on the go and the key stays put when hanging my keys at home. I left my fob in the sleeve once after remote starting and when pushing the start/run button, I got a "key fob not found" error message and my keys were in the front cup holder.... proof enough for me... this was my first quick attempt, but with more thought/time I/you could come up with something nicer or anything you like... especially with all the cool duct tape available now.
Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTRD stolen from driveway (don't let it happen to you) 20230205_130645
My wife makes pouches/holders for credit cards. She has a RF blocking fabric she layers into them. Should work for a fob, too -I need to borrow one she's made for friends and see how it works.

I did. I don't use Valet service and The Ontario Canada price is $800. I will tell you I talked them and got more than one discount and paid way less than the $600 price at the time I bought mine---just checked and the Jeep is now $760 [Thank You Brandon]

The important things are:
1. The Ravelco hasn't been defeated because they hide the wiring within all sorts of other functions.
2. You've obviously done a ton of research and will get the system you want---and I'm sure it will work great.
Yeah, in millions of installs. LOL - their hype is worse than a certain politician from way back. Hyperbole it's called.

I'd make a bet with 'em - that I could discover their trick in a given vehicle.
Frankly, I can do the same a lot cheaper (well under $100) and it would not only be just as "fool proof" (or better) and you'd not need a big honkin' plug to carry around.

If I get a chance this summer, if things cool off and slow down for business a bit, I'll be using some of my ideas on my own JT. The "key" will be hidden, no need to do anything special for a dealer visit or leave anything with anyone.

No way am I paying hundreds for someone to hack into vehicle wiring and me not knowing every single step being used.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My wife makes pouches/holders for credit cards. She has a RF blocking fabric she layers into them. Should work for a fob, too -I need to borrow one she's made for friends and see how it works.

Yeah, in millions of installs. LOL - their hype is worse than a certain politician from way back. Hyperbole it's called.

I'd make a bet with 'em - that I could discover their trick in a given vehicle.
Frankly, I can do the same a lot cheaper (well under $100) and it would not only be just as "fool proof" (or better) and you'd not need a big honkin' plug to carry around.

If I get a chance this summer, if things cool off and slow down for business a bit, I'll be using some of my ideas on my own JT. The "key" will be hidden, no need to do anything special for a dealer visit or leave anything with anyone.

No way am I paying hundreds for someone to hack into vehicle wiring and me not knowing every single step being used.
I'll take that bet. $250 for your time if you win. You're only 300 miles from me. I'd drive up on a Friday in April and get a hotel room for 2 nights then drive back Sunday.

Saturday morning drive to you but I get to watch learn from you as you do it. Obviously I'm trusting you not to screw up my Gladiator while going about it. 6 hour max time window?

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Don't quote the sales pitch. They can and have been defeated and videos are out there showing it. There's nothing special about them. Ravelco just dismisses these proofs of defeats using some interesting mental gymnastics and claiming it's fake. But they're not 100% anti-theft, nor are they more effective than any other kill system.

They serve a purpose, yes, but man do they get over-hyped by their fanboys.

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
You can buy the faraday pouches all day long on fleabay or amazon. I have them for the Harley, Vette, and now the Gladiator. I have tested all the keys with the pouches and they will not allow data or signal transmission.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Plan to be married to a Ravelco installation or accept the hit that most dealerships and follow on buyers of your vehicle will either not care to know about it and/or just flat out will not want the vehicle with it. I sure as hell would go on to something else if I saw a vehicle I was looking to purchase with it installed.

Sponsored

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
I have a cell cam that will send me a picture of an intrusion. I used several for hunting and thought it may work in the Gladiator. There is only about a 30 second delay. I do wake up easily just might not be fast enough if on the 8th floor of a hotel waiting for the elevator. However, at the house it is perfect. Best solution is do what you can to delay the thief, electrically hide the key, park in secure areas and have insurance.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
You can buy the faraday pouches all day long on fleabay or amazon. I have them for the Harley, Vette, and now the Gladiator. I have tested all the keys with the pouches and they will not allow data or signal transmission.
Yeah, but what my wife makes can be in any color or pattern you want! Love purple, she'll make a purple one. 😁

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
Ok, so give me some details, cost, etc

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
My wife couldn't start the Jeep with me holding the key in my pocket standing at the front of the Jeep without any RFID blocking.
Sponsored