Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
That would be a cool use of our dead pedal momentary switch! Push-to-start!

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-05.jpg

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-06.jpg

Jeep-JL-JT-Dead-Pedal-01.jpg
Some of us are old enough to try to dim the lights with that and end up with no power and in the dark 😂
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
Yeah but don't you have grizzlies guarding your JT?
Black bears and mountain lions for me. But at the end of a long private road with no lights, someone driving up at night would attract quite a bit of attention from the neighbors and myself.

Sponsored

JeepCode4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator HA
Thanks for the LEO perspective. That jiji website is nuts.

Looks like there is no Ravelco dealer/installer anywhere near me. How did you manage to get the installer to come to you? Just call the HQ and schedule a install? Never-mind, just found the procedure on their website.
if your on the east coast, or mid Atlantic region, The same installer I used will do yours.

dealer can be found here: https://www.ravelco.com/dealers.html

sounds like you got it but wanted to reply anyway.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
There's some chatter about it on the JL WRANGLER forum.
I could come up with the concept and template in a few hours. Cover the OBD and SW ports all up one shot with one product.

I have a buddy that owns a full blown fab shop, lazer jet and breaks.

The real question would be how much to produce?

I've done limited runs on parts or kits before with other platforms. Problem being for every 100 that say, I will buy one, 10% or less follow through.

OP
OP
chrisandrews

chrisandrews

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
That would be a cool use of our dead pedal momentary switch! Push-to-start!
Hey Jeremy! I had your beautiful ARB dual compressor mount installed on my dearly departed. You can be sure I will be ordering another once I get the new JT. It is a thing of beauty.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTRD stolen from driveway (don't let it happen to you) 2022-07-10 01 Air compressor, hose kit (portion shown), and mount.JPEG

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Slow 'em down is all you or it can do, which if they are looking for a quick job and profit, that may be enough.

But frankly, with access to the area back of the glove box.......... they'll have their break-out boxes to plug in there to give them access to anything.

So you'd need to stack up various things to frustrate them to the point of giving up.
You'd be amazed what can be done with simple tools any thief may carry, including a big screwdriver to pry open things.
There's no detail on where that mounts but you'd have to put it up in a deep recess that you can't just take a bar and bend it open. Maybe they do that............
For sure, the best we can really hope for is to slow them down so they move on.
Let's say you have the Tazer locked in that box, pin code activated and then you had the hood alarm activated also. Better move horn or wires, not sure where they are, never looked on mine.
I've read where supposedly thiefs cut the horn wires and open the hood, then pull some fuse or fuses then break in. Get behind the glove box to the CanBus and use a "dealer" comp and drive away.
Hopefully the hood alarm will attract attention, then the pin code...

Yes, stacking, but hey what else is there that is relatively cheap and easy for the average person.

I'm not worry where I live, and oh well if it did happen to me. Sure I'd be pissed, but I'd move on, I've got good insurance. I'll be 49 in a couple months so I'm not naive. Right now, my biggest worry is the 2 cougars that have been seen not far from my place. Plus there a several Mrs Kravitz's between mine and the main road.

Sponsored

813 Fabrication & Design

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.813fabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Hey Jeremy! I had your beautiful ARB dual compressor mount installed on my dearly departed. You can be sure I will be ordering another once I get the new JT. It is a thing of beauty.

Jeep Gladiator 2022 JTRD stolen from driveway (don't let it happen to you) 2022-07-10 01 Air compressor, hose kit (portion shown), and mount.JPEG
I'm glad you liked it! Please let me know when you are ready to order.

Greg Biggs

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Photographer
In the early hours of Jan 3, my much-loved 2022 JT Rubicon Diesel was stolen from my driveway here in Ottawa. It was locked and alarmed (factory) and all that, but the perps very likely had cloned my key fob. I had no idea that this was a thing that, now having read all about it, is extremely common. In fact, a neighbour two streets over had their new Wrangler Unlimited stolen on the very same night.

This was my best build yet, and because I had done it completely on my own, without any pro help, it was very personal. It was my fifth rig and I was getting it ready for a big overland trip this summer. I was very proud of it--Jeepers know how it feels when you put so much of your 'self' into your build.

The insurance adjuster is coming to my place today to go over my documentation and discuss the reimbursement they will offer. It'll be the lesser of:
  • Actual purchase price
  • Manufacturer's list price w/equipment at time of purchase
  • Price of a new similarly equipped replacement vehicle
Sadly it'll end up being the second one--prices were already above list when I got it back in February of 2022. And now, costs are way up, and interest rates are way higher. But that's not the worst of it; it is highly unlikely the thousands I put into it in mods will be covered.

So, here comes the cautionary part of the tale. Do this now if you have a keyless entry/push button start system on your Jeep and you want to KEEP your vehicle.
  1. Disable the keyless entry/proximity feature (in the vehicle settings on the infotainment system)
  2. Keep your key fobs in a Faraday box at home, away from doors and windows, and a Faraday pouch while in the vehicle or on your person walking about
  3. Get a kill-switch - if you go with a DIY or inexpensive one, you must hide that switch well; if you want peace of mind, get a Ghost II system (expensive, but I'll be doing it for my next one)
  4. Get a Club or other physical deterrent, like a brake pedal-to-steering wheel bar
The detective assigned to my case told me about 100 vehicles are stolen every single day in Ottawa; in a call he had had with the Insurance Bureau of Canada (or whatever they're called), they said in 2021 alone there were CAD $700M in vehicle thefts. These thieves are organized, and it's big business. They can get those key fob scanners on Amazon. Jeeps and other vehicles go straight to the Port of Montreal and end up overseas.

Don't be complacent like I was. Whatever the cost and inconvenience it may represent, it pales in comparison the pain of losing something you put your heart and soul into.

Chris
Wow ! Thats sickening. I have to believe auto insurance in Ottawa is sky high. I hate that these car thieves did this to you and so many others. I thank you for sharing this though.

OP
OP
chrisandrews

chrisandrews

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Consultant
Wow ! Thats sickening. I have to believe auto insurance in Ottawa is sky high. I hate that these car thieves did this to you and so many others. I thank you for sharing this though.
Thanks... I shudder to think of what my premium will become with the next one.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Well I just found this nugget

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Thanks... I shudder to think of what my premium will become with the next one.
I know if I was in your shoes living where you seemingly have a large car theft ring happening, I’d be getting a Ravelco installed.

Good luck. I sincerely hope they don‘t get your next ride.
Sponsored