Sponsored

2022 Rumors?

paretile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon
I don’t want to derail the thread, but I was wondering what this means for someone about to order. I test drove one a couple days ago (It was awesome!) and was going to order a 2021 on Monday, but now I’m wondering if I should wait until Tuesday.

When ordering opens for 2022s, can someone still order a 2021? Will prices change? We’re hoping to take delivery around August or sooner, so I’m assuming if we end up having to order a 2022, it’s likely they won’t be built and delivered that quickly. I’d love to wait and see what the 2022 options are, but if it pushes us getting a vehicle off until December or January, we’d be pretty sorry. I’m not familiar with how this all works, so I would love to hear from those experienced in how it goes down.
According to my dealership, they could no longer do builds for 2021 models as of yesterday, June 5.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, affordable v-8 option on lower end models, Sport, Sport-S, Rubicon. I'd pay 4K for a basic Hemi 5.7. Put my current JT up for sale as soon as the V-8 option is real.

We may never see the V-8.

Gladijave

First Name
L
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GC, 2021 JTR
According to my dealership, they could no longer do builds for 2021 models as of yesterday, June 5.
Okay thanks. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. We were all set to order tomorrow. Now I guess we might not be doing that after all, unless the dealer will still give us the same pricing. Kinda frustrating, but it would be cool to see what is new.

Sponsored

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
When I search new gladiators within 250 miles of me I see over 1200. I don't get the impression they want to push 2022s right now.

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
When I search new gladiators within 250 miles of me I see over 1200. I don't get the impression they want to push 2022s right now.
Pretty sure that has nothing to do with whether or not MY 2022 is opening.

u-joint

First Name
Inigo Montoya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Nacho Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Yes
Today is the day (allegedly).

I’m sure someone will stop at their dealer today and confirm if the ‘22 MY is indeed open to orders.

I’m very curious what colors are available.

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Pretty sure that has nothing to do with whether or not MY 2022 is opening.
No ... poor wording... dealers want to sell what they have. MY 22 production won't be influenced by anything but maybe chip shortage.

Sponsored

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Powered Seats / Cooling

My point was that when you price compare the Jeep, it doesn't have them and similarly priced / optioned competitors do.

The vented seats and fans for ac and drive motors for a powered seat are a unique issue if you are top off all the time.

The seats in my truck actually have ducting that draws from the recirculation system. Yes, vented seats and those with a cooling system are different. A seat setup that 'vents' would help in a Jeep for sure
"Legit no smart ass" in my response. There may be similar priced vehicles. but until the Bronco hits there are no comparable vehicles. Jeep knows most people are not going to push the limits with their jeeps. However many jeepers like water. Personally I don't want anything electrical or vented on my floors.

Yeah, no. Bronco does not have cool seats either.

All I want is a JT Mojave 4xe. Is that too much to ask?

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler
:headbang:

You're right, I knew that... just had my days off, lol.
I texted my salesman yesterday to see if order banks were opening today. He just responded "No, from what the rep says, it's gonna be a few months."

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I texted my salesman yesterday to see if order banks were opening today. He just responded "No, from what the rep says, it's gonna be a few months."
Let's hope he doesn't know what he's talking about. The stars are aligning slowly and I want to know what my options are!