2023 Chevy Colorado Is More Truck For Not Much More Money

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
I could say the same of my wife's closet full of clothes and shoes she has only worn once but I let that sleeping dog lie.
Don't get me started on the wives shoes. Why one needs so many I have no idea.
Sponsored

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got an email from GMC today letting me know the build site is up. I just went on. The AT4X starts at $57k and is a late availability. Crazy pricing IMO. You an get a Silverado 1500 Trail boss with the same engine for $58.

Last edited:

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
I saw a few with manufacturer plates on the road.

I couldn't get a very good pic because it was dark and I was behind them, but here it is anyways.

2023 Colorado.png

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Slightly related: in my quest to make sure I'm getting the right vehicle I test drove a new Silverado 1500 trail boss with the 2.7L. I'll just speak to the drivetrain here: in short I didn't like it and yes, I've driven many turbo'd vehicles. It's gas pedal was like an on/off switch. You're either putting along or it kicks down and moves out, no in between. I can see it being very annoying to drive smoothly. The trans. programming is also tuned for mileage; it's constantly hops into the highest gear and lugs the engine. Also, slow on the freeway too. Not for me. I hope the Colorado tuning is better.

Pleease.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercedes CLK350, 2016 Lexus GX460, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-AWD
and most reviewers think the Honda Ridgeline is the best the mid-sized truck...

The Honda Ridgeline wouldn't last a week werhe I go..

https://www.edmunds.com/truck/midsize/
It's definitely not for real off-roading - basically "off pavement" capability - but it's almost certainly the best otherwise, and is excellent on a country road. The two-way tailgate and trunk are game changers for everyday use.

Sponsored

ToJTornottoJT

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1997 Jeep XJ
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser/Broker
It's definitely not for real off-roading - basically "off pavement" capability - but it's almost certainly the best otherwise, and is excellent on a country road. The two-way tailgate and trunk are game changers for everyday use.
Without a frame it is no better than my Jeep XJ. In fact I will put my XJ up against the Honda Ridgeline of your choosing... Yes, it will run forever, but you will need a warehouse full of baling wire.

Jeep Gladiator 2023 Chevy Colorado Is More Truck For Not Much More Money 1678290555414

loganjeeps

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon, 96 Chevy 3500, 89 XJ (project)
Without a frame it is no better than my Jeep XJ. In fact I will put my XJ up against the Honda Ridgeline of your choosing... Yes, it will run forever, but you will need a warehouse full of baling wire.
Nice! I miss my XJ. It would have never died, it took a retaining wall at 65mph to kill it. only because the frame was twisted, it still ran fine.

Pleease.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mercedes CLK350, 2016 Lexus GX460, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-AWD

Jeep Gladiator 2023 Chevy Colorado Is More Truck For Not Much More Money 1678290555414
Depends on what the contest is - across the country in comfort with 1000+ lbs in the bed or across a rutted field....each shines in its element. The XJ is quite a machine, no doubt.

Solar Sparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave,
Occupation
Solar inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! I drive both. I have a Colorado for my work truck, and the gladiator Mojave for play. The Colorado is impressive, and can 4-wheel with the best of them, but only with the doors and top on, and the windshield folded up 🤣. While I spend more time in the Colorado, it’s time in the gladiator that is usually epic

71B8C3D3-F36E-484D-A2CD-3874C07DD3EB.jpeg

C7FA7D1B-1274-470B-AA55-BE65FDE52893.jpeg

2DB1583A-9DF2-4C53-808D-845D2B7B5E99.jpeg

7B087AB8-ABA1-43F9-8D68-AF5C64B00E11.jpeg

Sponsored

J-GriffsGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Geologist
The 2023 Chevy Colorado Is More Truck For Not Much More Money (motortrend.com)

Apples to oranges. Max tow at 7700 vs 6000, is that MORE truck? Top can't come off. Doors can't come off. Looks nothing like a traditional off road vehicle (Jeeps, Broncos, Samuri, Scout, FJ, etc). Little 30" tires or whatever they are. Independent front suspension on that POS (PUKE)! I know a lot of you are chiming in on the "good looking truck" but me personally? Behave. Looks like every other, tiny headlight, cross over piece of shit on the market. Totally unenthused by the Colorado. Great compromise for a lot of people and guess what? Jeep owners ain't lookin' for a compromise...

Chunky White

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Industrial Electrician
The 2023 Chevy Colorado Is More Truck For Not Much More Money (motortrend.com)

Apples to oranges. Max tow at 7700 vs 6000, is that MORE truck? Top can't come off. Doors can't come off. Looks nothing like a traditional off road vehicle (Jeeps, Broncos, Samuri, Scout, FJ, etc). Little 30" tires or whatever they are. Independent front suspension on that POS (PUKE)! I know a lot of you are chiming in on the "good looking truck" but me personally? Behave. Looks like every other, tiny headlight, cross over piece of shit on the market. Totally unenthused by the Colorado. Great compromise for a lot of people and guess what? Jeep owners ain't lookin' for a compromise...
It comes with the same exact size tire as the Gladiator Rubicon

Lost1wing

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired AMT
Don't get me started on the wives shoes. Why one needs so many I have no idea.
My wife is complaining about an entire bag of shoes she lost. I never knew about or saw the bag, but somehow I get blamed for it. I had to point out the closet full of shoes. Apparently that was not the right thing to do.
Sponsored