First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Altitude
Occupation
Tech
I have a sport s altitude package don’t think I have max tow and I believe 3.73 gear ratio. I love the look of the 35” tire but I’m concerned with performance. It’s gonna be mostly highway and roads on mostly flat terrain of the Houston area may do some dirt road trails but nothing serious and the Jeep will likely see some sand on the beach. Can I expect a Huge drop in performance and mpg or minimal if any. I will be replacing the rims with an offset for back spacing and will be doing a 2.5” rough country lift. I’m not worried about the speed odometer that’s an easy fix. I’m hoping I wouldn’t have to regear with these tires or at least for the next 2 years if at all. Thanks for advice and can also answer questions I may not have thought to add

3D0FF281-4395-47AC-B7D4-6B8B0E1CB272.jpeg
Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Sport with the max tow package (4.10's), and I have no issues with the performance of mine on 35x12.5's. I don't think you'll have an issue with your 3.73's, especially if you do your homework and get a "lightweight" wheel/tire combo.

OP
OP

Jbadstorm09

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
Thank you I appreciate the feed back.

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Auto transmission? Probably a less noticeable change with an auto. I plan on regearing but have the 6speed and the gearing feels too high on stock tires

OP
OP

Jbadstorm09

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
Auto transmission? Probably a less noticeable change with an auto. I plan on regearing but have the 6speed and the gearing feels too high on stock tires
yes sir 8 speed auto

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jbadstorm09

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
I have a Sport with the max tow package (4.10's), and I have no issues with the performance of mine on 35x12.5's. I don't think you'll have an issue with your 3.73's, especially if you do your homework and get a "lightweight" wheel/tire combo.
thank you I appreciate your feedback

ElSquatcho

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Chiropractor
I also live in the Houston burbs and have a Sport S w/3.73. I've had 35" Atturo Trail Blade XT on 17X9.5 American Racing wheels(for weight comparison) for 2 weeks. I installed a 3.5" rough country spacer lift to fit the tires.

Oddly, I didn't have to do anything for my speedometer?? It may be 2 mph off, but it was close enough on our neighborhood radar equipped speed limit signs that I haven't checked it with GPS yet. Acceleration feels perfectly fine and only noticed differences when going up steeper overpasses like around the beltway. I don't tow and haven't gone offroad yet, so I'm sure I can go at least 2-3 years before I look at re-gear. Without doing anything for my speedometer, I'm about 1.5-2mpg less so far.

As for Rough Country...beware. the instructions are missing a few steps, like telling you to re-tighten lower control arms, but never telling you to loosen them. Then in my case, not including the bolts for the rear sway bar links...which was the last step in my build. So at that point I either had to leave my truck on stands, drive around with sway bar disconnected or take everything back off and revert to stock. I called them, kudos for being there on a Saturday late afternoon, but their fix was to ask me "is $30 enough" and tell me to drive around looking for the correct bolt.

OP
OP

Jbadstorm09

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
I also live in the Houston burbs and have a Sport S w/3.73. I've had 35" Atturo Trail Blade XT on 17X9.5 American Racing wheels(for weight comparison) for 2 weeks. I installed a 3.5" rough country spacer lift to fit the tires.

Oddly, I didn't have to do anything for my speedometer?? It may be 2 mph off, but it was close enough on our neighborhood radar equipped speed limit signs that I haven't checked it with GPS yet. Acceleration feels perfectly fine and only noticed differences when going up steeper overpasses like around the beltway. I don't tow and haven't gone offroad yet, so I'm sure I can go at least 2-3 years before I look at re-gear. Without doing anything for my speedometer, I'm about 1.5-2mpg less so far.

As for Rough Country...beware. the instructions are missing a few steps, like telling you to re-tighten lower control arms, but never telling you to loosen them. Then in my case, not including the bolts for the rear sway bar links...which was the last step in my build. So at that point I either had to leave my truck on stands, drive around with sway bar disconnected or take everything back off and revert to stock. I called them, kudos for being there on a Saturday late afternoon, but their fix was to ask me "is $30 enough" and tell me to drive around looking for the correct bolt.
much appreciated response. This gives me great encouragement on moving forward with my decision. Knowing that we have the same gear ratio and looking to do similar tires and rims without issue is awesome. Thank you

OP
OP

Jbadstorm09

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech
If you don’t mind me asking what kind of tires you have and rims

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t mind me asking what kind of tires you have and rims
35 x 12.5 Nitro Ridge Grapplers on 17 x 10 Fuel Shok wheels. Not the lightest combination, from what I've read.

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Im curious too. I just love the look of 35’s on the GL. Im running 33’s winter and summers. With my 1.5”front .75” rear lift, the 35’s would fill out the truck nicely. My concern isn’t DD but towing. 3.73 and auto as well

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
it will drive like a 6.5 speed on flat roads. you will get into 8th gear at high speed cruising. otherwise a lot of 6th.
Sponsored