Sponsored

35's and Rubicon Rims

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
My discount tire has no issues mounting 12.5” wide tires in stock rubi rims.

I’m running 12.5 on stock rubi rims. About 11k miles now, no issues.
Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
This is a little info from Don at Discount tire and they were very helpful in getting me correct info. Hope it helps. I'll certainly get back with them once I am ready and have a idea on what I will be doing.

At Discount Tire we follow the industry standards when it comes to rim width. Per the T&RA build guidelines, tire size 35x12.50R-17 or 315/70R-17 is safely run on a 7.5-inch wide wheel and your local Discount Tire will mount this size for you. Just bear in mind that on a 7.5-inch wide wheel the tire will have a little more flex in the sidewall as opposed to when run on a wider wheel.
This is wrong, you cannot find one manufacturer that lists a 7.5” wheel for a 315 or 12.5 width tire. I doubt Discount Tire knows more than the people that make them.

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
My local tire shop mounted 35s on my stock rims. You have to run a little less PSI to keep the tread wearing evenly. The tire bows more with thinner rims.

jeepstertim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, Audi SQ5, Audi A3, Smart Roadster Brabus,
Build Thread
Link
This was an aim for me and other posts on this forum on the subject were a great help. I wanted to go with a 35x11.5 but they're unavailable here in Qatar. I ended up with the BFG AT in 315/70/17 on my Rubicon rims and have no regrets or rubbing.

The tyre fitters didn't bat an eyelid fitting the wide tyre to narrow rim. I air down to 12psi in the desert and have had no issues.

Reset with Tazer for the rolling size and they run great, quiet and comfortable at 30psi. the BFG is also a lighter 35 than some.
Jeep Gladiator 35's and Rubicon Rims 20210908_153154

Sponsored

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
This was an aim for me and other posts on this forum on the subject were a great help. I wanted to go with a 35x11.5 but they're unavailable here in Qatar. I ended up with the BFG AT in 315/70/17 on my Rubicon rims and have no regrets or rubbing.

The tyre fitters didn't bat an eyelid fitting the wide tyre to narrow rim. I air down to 12psi in the desert and have had no issues.

Reset with Tazer for the rolling size and they run great, quiet and comfortable at 30psi. the BFG is also a lighter 35 than some.
What kind of mpg are you getting with them running at 30 PSI

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I like those tires might have to look into them

FREEZE451

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave | 2021 Grand Cherokee L
Twice I have mounted 35" tires on stock Rubicon wheels.

Frist was K02's then Nitto Grappler. Both were 12.50 inch wide.

Both fit perfectly fine, but I did not enjoy the K02's, sold them for close to what I paid for them, then put the Nitto's on.

I like the Wildpeak AT, but just went with 35" Kenda Kevler on my Mojave.

I'd order them online and bring them to a local dealer - my dealer charged $200 to mount all 5.

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Twice I have mounted 35" tires on stock Rubicon wheels.

Frist was K02's then Nitto Grappler. Both were 12.50 inch wide.

Both fit perfectly fine, but I did not enjoy the K02's, sold them for close to what I paid for them, then put the Nitto's on.

I like the Wildpeak AT, but just went with 35" Kenda Kevler on my Mojave.

I'd order them online and bring them to a local dealer - my dealer charged $200 to mount all 5.
I have the Wildpeak AT 33's on currently

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
You could always go to a real 4x4 shop and get real gearheads to do the work. I've never had a problem with stupid shit like that. I like the Rubicon rims, too, and I run the 315/70R17 KO2's. They work great together. Get five tires, the wheel well under the bed is plenty big for 35's.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could always go to a real 4x4 shop and get real gearheads to do the work. I've never had a problem with stupid shit like that. I like the Rubicon rims, too, and I run the 315/70R17 KO2's. They work great together. Get five tires, the wheel well under the bed is plenty big for 35's.
Yea I actually have 5 Rubicon Rims. The spare rim is a Rubicon rim also. If I ever did get a flat its just an easy swap out. On another note is it difficult to change a tire that size. Never have had to. All I got is that junky little jack on the seat that came with the truck

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
I had dealer swap on BFG KO2s, 35x12.5, right out of the gate. Just crossed 1 year and 20k miles, snow, rain, trails, sand, rock, dry highway, not a single issue from 38 to 15 psi as needed.

I’ve got a diesel on a 2-inch Mopar lift, and I get 27 mpg on the highway, and average 23.5.

Echo what someone wrote above, just drop a few psi to flatten the tread (I run 36 on highway) and all will be fine.

Chris262

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Auto Technician
Personally I would put on any tire the customer wanted I would just note that its not recommended by the manufacturer. If the customer returned and was unhappy with how the tire was wearing down I would just pull out the repair order where it was noted from the beginning that the tire was not designed for the size of that rim.
Sponsored