4WD not working with Tazer

Idlethunder

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I knew this would happen when I created the post and should have deleted it. I am not saying the tazer is a bad unit although that's the 10 second clip that made the headlines. What I am saying is this "If you have an issue with your vehicle and the condition changes upon installation or removal of the tazer, then it's a good bet it's the taser."
Do you need to get wet to know it's raining?
I wonā€™t speak for anyone else but Iā€™ve been using a Tazer mini since the first of the year, before that I was only using Jscan. Jscan allowed me to change all the settings I had needed up until then but there were a few things I wanted to do that required the Tazer live functions. The first couple of months I had nothing but trouble with the Tazer and every one of them was my fault. After reading the instructions and watching videos, I was still not doing the reboot and sleep cycles correctly. It took a lot of trial and error on my part but eventually I got it right. Since then, the strange random behavior I was having stopped and everything has functioned perfectly. In my case, user error was the problem.
Sponsored

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
I knew this would happen when I created the post and should have deleted it. I am not saying the tazer is a bad unit although that's the 10 second clip that made the headlines. What I am saying is this "If you have an issue with your vehicle and the condition changes upon installation or removal of the tazer, then it's a good bet it's the taser."
Do you need to get wet to know it's raining? :)
Troubleshooting involves cause and corrective action.
Narrowing down the cause and then how to correct it is how we solve the problem.
in this case it looks like the taser is the cause but the bigger problem is improper application.
getting the usage correct is the corrective action and looks like it will solve the problem.

KevinM60

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
CAD/CAM
I wonā€™t speak for anyone else but Iā€™ve been using a Tazer mini since the first of the year, before that I was only using Jscan. Jscan allowed me to change all the settings I had needed up until then but there were a few things I wanted to do that required the Tazer live functions. The first couple of months I had nothing but trouble with the Tazer and every one of them was my fault. After reading the instructions and watching videos, I was still not doing the reboot and sleep cycles correctly. It took a lot of trial and error on my part but eventually I got it right. Since then, the strange random behavior I was having stopped and everything has functioned perfectly. In my case, user error was the problem.
Darned computers can only do what you tell them to do.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
First question is often "what changed" (or "what's different")

As far as getting wet to know it's raining - yeah, here you don't believe it until you actually get wet - wet pavement is often just the high humidity on the cooler concrete.
90% chance of rain means you can go have that picnic in the park and not worry about getting wet.
So yeah, LOL - I do. šŸ™ƒ

But basics - what changed, or did anything change, etc.
I know there's a lot of us who are Possum Lodge members who use the instructions as kindling rather than reading material.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
Narrowing down the cause and then how to correct it is how we solve the problem.
in this case it looks like the taser is the cause but the bigger problem is improper application.
getting the usage correct is the corrective action and looks like it will solve the problem.
THIS!
I installed my Tazer as soon as I got home from the dealer. Closing in on 70,000 miles later there have been no issues other than one related to a BETA version firmware I was testing which was quickly fixed. 99.9% of "tazer issues" are actually "operator issues", usually the Red Green problem ShadowsPapa alludes to. The small percent of actual issues with the device are always firmware related and are quickly fixed when found.

It's like putting 38" tires on your stock lift Gladiator and then complaining they rub and you can't turn the steering wheel.

Just because taking them back off fixes the problem doesn't mean the tires were defective or a poor design.
Sponsored