First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Regional Service Manager
Thanks for all the info, really need to find a solution before camping season.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for all the info, really need to find a solution before camping season.
Perhaps if you presented the problem, you might get a better answer. You asked a question that no one can answer: How long is the battery going to last? What's the problem? Are you trying to camp for three weeks without ever running your engine?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
^^^

I agree with Mark. We need more information in order to give you any sound advise.
Having said that I would not consider going more than a day on the truck battery. If you buy that then you’ll need to add a second, deep cycle battery, like a BattleBorn with a BCDC charge controller that will allow you to charge the second battery when the truck‘s engine is running and via solar when it’s not.

That’s it in a nutshell.

TennesseePA

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Launch Edition, 2008 ES350
Occupation
Physician Assistant
The question wasn’t about a solution for his needs it was how long would it last without killing the battery until he is able to upgrade to a more reliable plan.
I went with an extreme solution because I sell batteries and refrigerators and want to show off my products. Most people would do well with half the system I have built. One of the little 12V power systems would suffice for many but not everyone. One thing I like to do is set my batteries and fridge off the truck and leave it at the camp while I use the truck for other things.
Sponsored