Sponsored

6 Speed Issues Starting

mpdoors3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave 6MT
Got my 6 speed 2021 Mojave back in October. Sometimes I would have problems starting it. Especially on a cold start. It would just click through and never turn over. I took it in for the recall and also had them look at the starting issue. They thought it was because of the WeatherTech interfering with the clutch. Was good for a while but now the same issue is happening again. Anyone else experience this? Going back in to get it looked at 7/20.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Wonder if the safety switch on the clutch pedal assembly has anything to do with it.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport Willys
No problems whatsoever. Do you mean the weather tech floor liners, as in they are preventing you from completely depressing the clutch pedal? I would have asked them if they thought I was stupid if they said that to me.

OP
OP

mpdoors3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave 6MT
No problems whatsoever. Do you mean the weather tech floor liners, as in they are preventing you from completely depressing the clutch pedal? I would have asked them if they thought I was stupid if they said that to me.
They thought that they could be interfering with depressing the clutch all the way. I'm bringing it in the night before so they get the cold start. Its weird that after I took it in the first time, it was better but not perfect. Over the last 2 weeks its been unbearable so im taking it back in.

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They thought that they could be interfering with depressing the clutch all the way. I'm bringing it in the night before so they get the cold start. Its weird that after I took it in the first time, it was better but not perfect. Over the last 2 weeks its been unbearable so im taking it back in.
Good. Tell them to find the real issue and stop wasting your time. Floor linersā€¦.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Good. Tell them to find the real issue and stop wasting your time. Floor linersā€¦.šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
Yeah.... That's is pretty lame. I have the weathertech for liners and there is no way It'd interfere with my clutch.

Let us know what happens. It's the first I've heard of this issue

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Take the liners out. That would rule out their interference.

OP
OP

mpdoors3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave 6MT
Finally picked it up yesterday. They replaced the clutch pedal switch because it had an internal short. Started up no problem leaving the dealership. Went to start it again today and it won't start again.

HighNoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I had problems with a boat motor and I did phone video and showed the dealer. There was no debate about it. There was no codes showing problem and the video made them work the problem out. Another time with a Chevy truck and I emailed the video so I would not have to listen to their does not happen BS.

OP
OP

mpdoors3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave 6MT
I had problems with a boat motor and I did phone video and showed the dealer. There was no debate about it. There was no codes showing problem and the video made them work the problem out. Another time with a Chevy truck and I emailed the video so I would not have to listen to their does not happen BS.
Good idea - I'll give that a shot

Sponsored

2tall

First Name
Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
Sucks. Have not had that issue. My only complaint is that one push of the button doesnā€™t start the truck and instead tou have to hold it for a second or two. Auto start has no issue so why canā€™t the initial start operate the same?!? Rant over.

Good luck OP I hope your issue gets resolved.

OP
OP

mpdoors3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave 6MT
Instead of going back to the dealer I bought it from/have been taking it to the last two times. Would it be weird to take it to a different local dealer?

FloridaJT6MT

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Instead of going back to the dealer I bought it from/have been taking it to the last two times. Would it be weird to take it to a different local dealer?
I donā€™t think so.

mojocho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It's what I do. I bought from dealer 5 minutes away. Great sales team. Service is horrendous. I drive 45 minutes away for service to another dealer.
Sponsored