Sponsored

A part I found in the glove box . What is it for?

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
The slush mats have a pick are on the driver side and a T-Rex skull on the back one for the jurassic park reference.

The headlight bulbs have the 7 slot grille in the bulb. Every button that needs a graphic has a JT instead of a regular car icon. The jeep drives across the dash on start up.
Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
And it does fit just fine. Word of advise, remove it Before you put the windshield back up.

2517BE37-78B7-40B2-A4F3-4EE4BBE4D85D.jpeg
Not braggin if its true so the next time you fold down that windshield, give a tip of your hat to the the Ole Cowboy here, I was the guy that saved it for ya! If you want to know the story just ask...

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
Not braggin if its true so the next time you fold down that windshield, give a tip of your hat to the the Ole Cowboy here, I was the guy that saved it for ya! If you want to know the story just ask...
Okay, I'll bite. What is the story?

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
Okay, I'll bite. What is the story?
I had sold my 2001 TJ to a good friend it was Monday and I stopped off at a big Jeep dealer in Dallas to see if I could order a new one. Its around 10 am and a sales guy comes out the door as I park my car and I ask if I can order a new Jeep. He says to me, we just came out of a meeting and orders are opened up effective now for 2003 Jeeps and do you really want to order one? YEA! He grins he says well lets go and on the way to the computer he say I won the $100 pot for the first sales guy that puts in a legit order.

I had just finished a consulting gig with Chrysler region and in addition to my fee I asked for Employee pricing on buying a Jeep and they agreed.

I was there to order a Red Sahara. But the Sahara Red was not an option and I was tired of buying Green Sahara Jeep so skip that and will order a Jeep in red and we are going down the option. He says do want the Rubicon package? Dunno, what is it? Dunno, then he reads: 4:1 Transfercase, 4:10 locking axles and I say HELL YEA!.

Rubicon show up last week in Aug 2002. My dealer offers $5k over what I will pay to not take it, I got a jeep dealer in Houston who offers me $10k over what I paid and they send a truck to get today. I ask my dealer why would give $5k to take delivery? He said this is first Rubicon in the state of Texas and its the Jeep that people want...well not in the car business and no its not for sale.

Time goes by and I get a letter from Jeep: It says you are invited to meet with Jeep in Moab, yours was one of the first 25 Jeeps ordered by an individual. So I head out to Moab to see Jeep people. Its the originial suspension and design team that tested the Rubicon on the Rubicon trail, its the head of Manufacturing and Marketing, this is the heavy hitters in Jeep.

Then the head of Jeep marketing asks if I would be willing to discuss my impressions on the Rubicon. Sure! They open with this question: How long have you been a Jeep owner? Ohhh since the mid 1960's and I have been buying new Jeeps usually ordered since 1984...WOW. Do you have some time? Sure, next thing I know got the entire team in there hanging on every word I speak...I had bought new or ordered: 85, 89, 94, 97, 99, 2001 not counting all the hunting and ranch Jeeps before that. We talk about an hour about 'why' and what did I like or not like etc. Finally they go to close it out and I am asked one more question: What would make you stop buying Jeeps what would we do or change on the Jeep that you would no longer buy or consider another vehicle? I did not even hesitate and immediately said: Take off doors and FOLD DOWN Windshield, if you do that I might as well buy a Toyota Camry 'cuase its no longer a Jeep! The Director of Jeep Marketing leans over and tells them "we are phasing out the fold down windshield!" Director of Marketing looks at him and says: We need to take this to the top and looks at me and says thank you very much!...

True Story??? Or I am just blowin smoke and it never happened:

Pic of the inside of my 2003 Jeep Rubicon where the team signed it. Look to the right of their names and you can see (barely) their job title at Jeep. This took place at the official Jeep Trail ride by invite only and I had to show my letter from Jeep, at EJS April 2003.

The second name Kim House: Jeep Wrangler Brand Manager

3rd name: Jeep Rubicon Design Engineer

4th name: Jeep Rubicon Design Engineer

5th name: Jeep Rubicon Suspension Engineer. He later left Jeep and started his own company, he then got bought out by AEV and when to work there.

6th name: Director Jeep Marketing
Jeep Gladiator A part I found in the glove box . What is it for? P7070013.JPG

Last edited:

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
I can really say, "cool story, bro" to that one.

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Those are tools fools as this prevents a bruise on your cruise. You dig?
Sponsored