Sponsored

I found it! The most ridiculous Gladiator for sale yet

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
Yah if you're willing to slum in a Sport S you can have quite a bit for $45k. And if you look at Invoice pricing... that's more like $40k from a dealer that will go below Invoice. (FTR I don't think the Sport S is slumming... but it has no social cachet in the Jeep crowd.)
Full disclosure - I have JLU Sport S.

Real Jeepers respect a Sport. What they don't like is cushy Jeeps like the Sahara or poser Jeeps that are built but never go off-road. I don't know why people care what other people do...

Also, the Sport S Gladiator with Max Tow is a better platform than the JLU because it has better axles, gearing, and (I assume) brakes. Not for me because I like a manual. But again this is a really great platform. Start at $40k and mod it up and you have a fantastic Gladiator for less than most Overland/Rubicons.
Sponsored

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Full disclosure - I have JLU Sport S.

Real Jeepers respect a Sport that is properly built. Not that mine is (I don't have the money).

Also, the Sport S Gladiator with Max Tow is a better platform than the JLU because it has better axles, gearing, and (I assume) brakes. Not for me because I like a manual. But again this is a really great platform. Start at $40k and mod it up and you have a fantastic Gladiator for less than most Overland/Rubicons.
To stay on topic, you can also start with a 40k platform and screw it up pretty royally. =oP

My JKU S with a lift and better tires is as much 4x4 as I've ever needed and the only reason I'd upgrade is to have a bit more capacity (storage and towing.) I'm still 90% on the Sport S plan for my Gladiator when I get it... but if there is a minimally spec'd Rubicon on the lot around the time I'm ready to buy then I won't shoo it away.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
To stay on topic, you can also start with a 40k platform and screw it up pretty royally. =oP
Yeah that was my point - there is a great truck under there that they managed to screw up and charge an extra $10k for the result.

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
The seats are nice , but my mom taught me not to talk about the rest of it soooooooo I'm out

GaryG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP JT Rubicon Bright White, 2008 Honda Goldwing
Vehicle Showcase
Okay - To me looks like same thing also.
Interestingly if you look at the specs on Quadratec, the cheaper one is slightly smaller and weighs 6lbs less.
Specifically part numbers :
and
68293984AB

Look to me to be the same part
Interestingly if you look at the specs on Quadratec, the cheaper one is slightly smaller and weighs 6lbs less.

Sponsored

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

Quadratec doesnt kniw shit from Shine-Ola about them. I sent a message to their CS and asked what the difference is between them, they saud the $139 plate id primed not painted, the ither is painted.

The difference is (or seems to be anyway pending confirmation) is the $250 plate has the two brackets and hardware which accounts for the extra weight.

OP
OP
Ted Striker

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If y'all need a good laugh, let me introduce you to SoFlo Jeeps. I honestly feel ashamed to even live in the same state as this shop
https://inventory.soflojeeps.com/in...pordby=price&cursort=desc&pagesize=25&mk=Jeep
Yeah, their stuff is bad. Really bad. But they know their market and cater to them. I imagine their clientele is usually a professional athlete, an Instagram influencer or a bar/club owner, who knows nothing about Jeeps but just wants to look cool.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
the real crime here is that there’s all these assholes out there ruining perfectly good LE’s while we all are scavenging for steel bumpers. Off with their bumpers, I mean heads!

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Wow. Looks like somebody was handed a blank check and a J.C. Whitney catalog. OOOF...

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Man that makes the two stealers( I mean dealers ) that I dealt with look reasonable.

DirtySaylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
No where close to the worst I have seen. There is a place in Tampa that built some doozies
Bayshore automotive? The guy that builds ridiculous jeeps exclusively for cash-buyer Saudi's? That guy is a real piece of work.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Don't know them. Just saw the adds. From my experience someone that does this isn't an enthusiast, they are just looking for a quick buck.
Sponsored