First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Dang, that sounds horrible. I’m blessed for sure. My issues are trivial in contrast to those you’re dealing with. I wish you the best.
Thanks for your thoughts.... glad you guys are OK too!!
But wait there's more.... always wanted to use that,

These just shitty lessons or tests in life its ok, it really started with my mother in law, who stroked out right before we went on vacation and 5 days later was my mom, and then my daughter misscarried a 2nd time which is tubular pregnancy's and the Dr. has been telling her there's nothing wrong it's fine don't worry about it, this time different state and hospital, they heard the story, and prepped her for surgery, told her nope, not 2 times were pulling it, filopean tube they got in and said it was completely trashed! needed to come out!!!

Rolling with the punches for sure!!! were getting through it, Life's little lesons! lol
Sponsored

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
I’ve heard good things about USAA, so we’ll see. Oddly, even though I’ve never had any interactions with them, when I called and provided my name and phone number they somehow had access to my military info and started referringto me as Master Sergeant (knowing my rank at retirement). I’ve been retired since Sep ‘17, just thought it was interesting.
Once you are in the clear of this, I would contact USAA about a quote. I have had them since before I served when my dad had them while he was in the Chair Force. They are great to deal with. While they may not be the cheapest, any other major insurer usually tells me they can't touch USAA in terms of cost and service.

They also have great programs for home owners, loans and other services. I know some folks may have had some bad dealings, but after 30 something years, I have nothing but good experiences.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
IT Professional; Retired Military

These just shitty lessons or tests in life its ok, it really started with my mother in law, who stroked out right before we went on vacation and 5 days later was my mom, and then my daughter misscarried a 2nd time which is tubular pregnancy's and the Dr. has been telling her there's nothing wrong it's fine don't worry about it, this time different state and hospital, they heard the story, and prepped her for surgery, told her nope, not 2 times were pulling it, filopean tube they got in and said it was completely trashed! needed to come out!!!

Rolling with the punches for sure!!! were getting through it, Life's little lesons! lol
You’ve got a lot going on, for sure. It’s always amazing to me the things people have to deal with in their lives. Most push on and you’d never know that they have so much on their plate. Sound like you’ve got a great perspective/outlook on things.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher

Wow, those are some horrible stories. Life needs to stop with her lessons. I'm sorry for what your family has been through.

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
Once you are in the clear of this, I would contact USAA about a quote. I have had them since before I served when my dad had them while he was in the Chair Force. They are great to deal with. While they may not be the cheapest, any other major insurer usually tells me they can't touch USAA in terms of cost and service.

They also have great programs for home owners, loans and other services. I know some folks may have had some bad dealings, but after 30 something years, I have nothing but good experiences.
Good advice, depending on how they treat me/my claim, I’ll probably do that.

Thanks!

Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
You’ve got a lot going on, for sure. It’s always amazing to me the things people have to deal with in their lives. Most push on and you’d never know that they have so much on their plate. Sound like you’ve got a great perspective/outlook on things.
Wow, those are some horrible stories. Life needs to stop with her lessons. I'm sorry for what your family has been through.
Thanks guys, its been a rough patch of life lately, trust me the outlook isn't always that great, happy or jovial, many days I just go to my shop and work on something, and try not to think about anything, Didn't mean to lay that all out as such, but when dealing with insurance and bodily injury it's good that other people can share the knowledge......

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Whats “Gupton”? I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

As to fault, the police report shows that I’m not at fault and the driver was cited for reckless driving and failure to maintain control of his vehicle (and identified as at fault). He further admitted to having “one beer” before driving and falling asleep in his statement to the state trooper. The troopers ran him through a field sobriety test, which he passed.

This is the first accident like this I’ve ever been in, so this’ll all be new. My hope is to simply come out even and get a replacement asap without taking any hit on my own wallet.

So far I reported it to my insurance, then filed a claim with his. They’ve given me a rental and will have an appraiser out to the yard tomorrow. I suppose I’ll hear their offer pretty quick.
I was in a no fault accident last year ... as like you ... I don't get into accidents on a regular basis and did what I though was prudent and reported to my insurance assuming the would take the lead from that point. What I found was that my insurance processed the claim based on my coverage, not my needs. They were covering the required repairs, but basically took away my rental after 30 days and when I contacted the other parties insurance I discovered the neither the responsible party nor my insurance had contacted them.

Be your own advocate ...

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
I was in a no fault accident last year ... as like you ... I don't get into accidents on a regular basis and did what I though was prudent and reported to my insurance assuming the would take the lead from that point. What I found was that my insurance processed the claim based on my coverage, not my needs. They were covering the required repairs, but basically took away my rental after 30 days and when I contacted the other parties insurance I discovered the neither the responsible party nor my insurance had contacted them.

Be your own advocate ...
Yep, I contacted the drivers insurance after inform. First I filed a digital claim, then followed it up with a call. I requested (and received) a rental car, and will be demanding a “total loss”. I’ve already drafted a list of talking points, but am prepared to get an attorney if needed. There’s no way I want that truck back. Plus, it was 100% the other driver’s fault, which help my confidence when arguing my points.

In the end, they’re more practiced with all this and I’m sure it’ll be an up hill battle, if it becomes one.

Thanks for the advice!

Sponsored

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I'm with Allstate too and that does seem strange.
ALL insurance companies are strange now, Florida there real strange, they are for ever raising rates do to uninsured motorist collisions, you only need insurance to get your tag and then you cancel!

Last edited:

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
I was driving my nephew to the airport this morning (4am) when someone decided it was a great time to take a nap behind their wheel and swerved into my lane…only 2 months old…I’m not happy.

56906A18-402D-48D6-866F-13BF23E89C3A.jpeg

6A1FA534-A996-469C-BAB2-A0A3F6392192.jpeg

CD4ED701-8B9E-4641-A72B-494A8E288CEB.jpeg
Christ... if that's not totaled, I'll eat my hat. Yours, too.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
So Sorry to hear this, glad you are OK...Hang in there!

OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
OP
OP
BajaTym

BajaTym

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JTR, Bright White
Occupation
as a former cop, please check how you feel tomorrow. adrenaline covers issues for the first 24 hours or so. some things crop up after that. second write down everything you recall and heard the other driver say as soon as possible. you may need it later…invaluable. do not..not…make any statements to the other insurance company unless directed by yours, especially in regards to how you feel, again as some issues take a few days to show. just some good initial advice. oh and lastly…get a front and rear dash cam for the future….saves time and and aggravation
You were spot on about the 24 hr thing. I woke up yesterday feeling like I was hit buy a bag of bricks. It’s so odd how the body works. The day of the crash I was a little sore, but went to work like nothing happened. Then towards 7pm I started feeling stiff, but by the next morning my lap/belly and chest was sore from the seatbelt, my left side (ribs) feel like I’d lost a boxing match, the rest of my body was sore, and overall I was just exhausted/slept all day (popped in and out of sleep all day).
Sponsored