Sponsored

Adding spacers to the MOPAR lift

Dux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 Subaru STI, 2019 BMW K1600B, 2014 Volvo XC60 type R
How much does your winch and bumper set up weigh? Maybe Ill just go with the 1 in puck and see where it sits?
Front bumper, hoop and winch, 145lbs.
Sponsored

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
0336BCEE-A2B9-4153-A6DF-003DF57A090C.jpeg
4D292150-F9EE-4F94-A2C4-50343D8109FA.jpeg
Just installed 1” front spacer on my 2” Mopar
lift. After installing steel bumper/winch I gained about 175lbs up front.

Reactions: Dux

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
0336BCEE-A2B9-4153-A6DF-003DF57A090C.jpeg
4D292150-F9EE-4F94-A2C4-50343D8109FA.jpeg
Just installed 1” front spacer on my 2” Mopar
lift. After installing steel bumper/winch I gained about 175lbs up front.
Looks awesome! From pics it looks level. But is it level? Have you measured it? Any difference in driving from lift vs lift/spacer?

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Thankyou! So sorry, but I didnt put a tape on it prior to install, it feels close to level and looks just slightly close to level with a hair of rake. I know, Im a horrible historian, I told myself to document the measurements before and after but just jumped into it. I might have some from last week but need to go look it up to see.

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
Thankyou! So sorry, but I didnt put a tape on it prior to install, it feels close to level and looks just slightly close to level with a hair of rake. I know, Im a horrible historian, I told myself to document the measurements before and after but just jumped into it. I might have some from last week but need to go look it up to see.
No worries, I usually do the same myself.

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
You were able to fit them 37s on stock 7.5 wide wheels? What specs on the 37s? 37 X 12.5??? BFG ATs?? Do you plan to change wheels to a wider 8.5, Matter of preference for some. Matter of wallet timing for some others?

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
If you have been on the fence about putting a few inches under your JT, check out the link below for my install and unbiased review of what I call, The “Ultimate” MOPAR suspension system adding 2 3/4” to your JT. My research paid off. I’m driving a cloud and it tracks like it’s on a set of rails!! It could be exactly what some of y’all are looking for.

OP
OP
BLK HOLE

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
You were able to fit them 37s on stock 7.5 wide wheels? What specs on the 37s? 37 X 12.5??? BFG ATs?? Do you plan to change wheels to a wider 8.5, Matter of preference for some. Matter of wallet timing for some others?
I don't plan to change the wheels, I upgraded to the wheels I have because I prefer the stock wheels. I also like understated vehicles.

As for rubbing...there's a very slight rub in hard turns...taps the sway bar, not a big deal to me.

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
my truck is going in tomorrow for a mopar with 1.5" front spacer and .75" rear spacer. playing the trackbars by ear. if i need them or geometry correction brackets, i'll add them.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
If you have been on the fence about putting a few inches under your JT, check out the link below for my install and unbiased review of what I call, The “Ultimate” MOPAR suspension system adding 2 3/4” to your JT. My research paid off. I’m driving a cloud and it tracks like it’s on a set of rails!! It could be exactly what some of y’all are looking for.
That was a pretty great video.
What do you think of the griffin drag link? I could see it making the steering more comfortable because it dampens the bumps, but I could also see it making the steering a little too numb/soft/rubbery/etc.
I’m waiting to take my truck in for steering box tsb because it feels loose.
I’m coming from sports cars so it bothers me. And yes, I know it’s a Jeep, but my wife’s wrangler has pretty tight steering. I would be happy if it were like hers, and we’re both stock.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
That was a pretty great video.
What do you think of the griffin drag link? I could see it making the steering more comfortable because it dampens the bumps, but I could also see it making the steering a little too numb/soft/rubbery/etc.
I’m waiting to take my truck in for steering box tsb because it feels loose.
I’m coming from sports cars so it bothers me. And yes, I know it’s a Jeep, but my wife’s wrangler has pretty tight steering. I would be happy if it were like hers, and we’re both stock.
Thanks for the reply, you had the exact same concerns about the attenuator as i did prior to purchase. Is it really worth the money??? When i installed that lift, no one knew that off camera i had the synergy trackbar bracket sitting in a box waiting to be installed, BUT i didn't install it. I wanted to get a feel for my products as installed so i could know how much the bracket benefited. Though it was the 2020 aluminum box my steering response as stock did not seem as bad as others had stated. My installing of the bracket would have been purely reinforcement for adding larger tires and minimizing deflection on and off road. I installed my lift a 7k miles, so i had a bit of windshield time and muscle memory developed with the steering. Just the drive to the alignment shop i noticed a significat improvement with the drag link installed over stock. As mentioned in the video the alignment shop found that i was toe'd out too much from the factory, which would cause unusual wondering and potentially accelerated tire wear. It made a considerable tracking difference on the highway there after. I would drive another 4.5K miles on the 33's before upgrading to 37" BFG KO2's at 11.5K in late June 2020. Ill be honest i noticed very little steering performance change, it was still tight and responsive, no slop, but the lack of responce in the steering wheel input was more apparent, it wasnt terrible or dangerous, just had room for improvement. So rather than band-aid'ing it with the synergy bracket, I would put in for the Steering TSB in late August 2020 at approx 13k miles. 8 months and 10k miles later, the steel steering box for the TSB upgrade arrived and was installed. Im not going to lie, i had to relearn how to steer the truck for the first couple miles. The response to steering input is nearly 1:1, not saying its over sensitive, but by comparison, i had no idea i was driving a boat before. It's quite possibly the best upgrade that could have been done to the steering, and no doubt when paired with the steer smarts drag link my feeling is better than a stock vehicle. I just rolled 28k miles and am very happy with the whole configuration, and would do it all over again if it had to. I have yet to install the synergy bracket, its tight enough as it is. If i do decide to reinforce the steering, i will have to eat $200 and keep the synergy bracket on the shelf or donate as a trot line weight and go steer smarts. There has been alot of issues with the synergy bracket sector bearing failing due to design flaws, so im glad i held out. I hope this give you an in depth look of how the past year has been with my components. Do i think the Griffin drag link is necessary? No, it's not necessary, but it damn sure feels nice on and offroad with the 37's.... Buy once, cry once! You wont regret that upgrade.
My build forecast, when Steer smarts releases the rear adjustable track bar i plan to upgrade to that, the trackbar/steering box bracket, the tie rod and the damper relocation bracket to complete the steering and tracking beef cake front to back.
I'm not affiliated with them, but If you contact steer smarts, get with Andy Perry, he is great to deal with, a super nice guy, and very knowledgeable. He will learn you a bit on any component you ask about.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Thanks for the reply, you had the exact same concerns about the attenuator as i did prior to purchase. Is it really worth the money??? When i installed that lift, no one knew that off camera i had the synergy trackbar bracket sitting in a box waiting to be installed, BUT i didn't install it. I wanted to get a feel for my products as installed so i could know how much the bracket benefited. Though it was the 2020 aluminum box my steering response as stock did not seem as bad as others had stated. My installing of the bracket would have been purely reinforcement for adding larger tires and minimizing deflection on and off road. I installed my lift a 7k miles, so i had a bit of windshield time and muscle memory developed with the steering. Just the drive to the alignment shop i noticed a significat improvement with the drag link installed over stock. As mentioned in the video the alignment shop found that i was toe'd out too much from the factory, which would cause unusual wondering and potentially accelerated tire wear. It made a considerable tracking difference on the highway there after. I would drive another 4.5K miles on the 33's before upgrading to 37" BFG KO2's at 11.5K in late June 2020. Ill be honest i noticed very little steering performance change, it was still tight and responsive, no slop, but the lack of responce in the steering wheel input was more apparent, it wasnt terrible or dangerous, just had room for improvement. So rather than band-aid'ing it with the synergy bracket, I would put in for the Steering TSB in late August 2020 at approx 13k miles. 8 months and 10k miles later, the steel steering box for the TSB upgrade arrived and was installed. Im not going to lie, i had to relearn how to steer the truck for the first couple miles. The response to steering input is nearly 1:1, not saying its over sensitive, but by comparison, i had no idea i was driving a boat before. It's quite possibly the best upgrade that could have been done to the steering, and no doubt when paired with the steer smarts drag link my feeling is better than a stock vehicle. I just rolled 28k miles and am very happy with the whole configuration, and would do it all over again if it had to. I have yet to install the synergy bracket, its tight enough as it is. If i do decide to reinforce the steering, i will have to eat $200 and keep the synergy bracket on the shelf or donate as a trot line weight and go steer smarts. There has been alot of issues with the synergy bracket sector bearing failing due to design flaws, so im glad i held out. I hope this give you an in depth look of how the past year has been with my components. Do i think the Griffin drag link is necessary? No, it's not necessary, but it damn sure feels nice on and offroad with the 37's.... Buy once, cry once! You wont regret that upgrade.
My build forecast, when Steer smarts releases the rear adjustable track bar i plan to upgrade to that, the trackbar/steering box bracket, the tie rod and the damper relocation bracket to complete the steering and tracking beef cake front to back.
I'm not affiliated with them, but If you contact steer smarts, get with Andy Perry, he is great to deal with, a super nice guy, and very knowledgeable. He will learn you a bit on any component you ask about.
Thanks for your reply. Were there any interference issues, whether with the drag link or whatever? I thought I’ve seen some issues with SS track bar and aftermarket diff covers?

Goheels0917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I put the same setup on my PT cruiser

Jeep Gladiator Adding spacers to the MOPAR lift 1621532739266

You'd be surprised how many questions I get about "hey where did you find a rear diff for a cruiser"

But anyway - it rides like a dream!

Jeep On!

be77solo

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Willys Sport 6-MT, '19 Cadillac XT4
Hey, just wanted to say I really enjoyed this video, great job on both the truck and the video! I subscribed for sure.

Good info, trying to nail down which way I want to go.

Take care.
Sponsored