Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Another thing a lot of guys don't like about the AdvanTEK axles is the fuel efficiency changes they made. The ring and pinion are smaller. Dana says they're 8% stronger, which is possible with metallurgy but to me smaller is still smaller. Also, the pinion bearings are now a ball bearing style apparently, rather than the traditional roller bearings, and so they aren't as strong and that has been a source of issues especially when running high pinion angles.

It seems in literature than Dana made the new generation of axles stronger in some areas, but weaker in others. So in the end, I don't see the real benefit.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Dana axles are great axles if manufacturing does what their supposed to and by the way after a month they still cannot get an axle and I checked the Dana factory that is right next to the Jeep Gladiator factory where Dana make's the axles in Ohio is up and running? So now what Jeep is doing is they started looking for an aftermarket Dana axle that is the equivalent to the one that comes on the truck. My brother's family has 5 Jeep's and I was talking to my brother and he said being that they're manufacturing Gladiator's why don't they just pull one off the assembly line? If Dana can't get their stuff to gather I would go with Dynatrac axles.
Great other than leaking right rear axle seals..........

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Hoping this will permanently resolve my rear axle leak.
They wont.. That's a design flaw across both JL's & JT's & its still present for those of us with aftermarket shafts already.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
They wont.. That's a design flaw across both JL's & JT's & its still present for those of us with aftermarket shafts already.
it’s affecting some bronco rears also
Sponsored