Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
want to buy
Occupation
florist
Hello community, I'm new here.
Found your forum on the search.
Want to buy Gladiator, for my work - delivery flowers Russia, I understand that it's a big car for this work, but you don't see russian roads. Before can you tell me about cons and pros of this car.
I read a lot of information, but want to hear real reviews.
Thanks for information.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I have the gladiator rubicon in billet silver and I have no cons about the gladiator I traded in a 2019 F250 to get the gladiator and I love it just be ready to get a lot of looks going down the road and a lot of Jeep waves from other Jeep owners I would buy it all over again

Andtros

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ, Gladiator on order
Occupation
Mechanic
Sounds like a general question not a question for pricing and such.

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
I love my GCM JTR!

What ever you do test drive it thoroughly! Test the steering, the handling, all functions. Look past your excitement and take nothing as acceptable. Be precise in your assessment and point out every item that doesn’t pass your expectations. Then, if you are still happy, negotiate your best deal. Good luck!

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
Be prepared to spend a lot of money. So many different accessories/upgrades for Jeep’s. Also be prepared to be waved at ALOT every time another Jeep Wrangler/gladiator passes you.

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so I am a first time Jeep owner. I have driven Jeeps before of course but I come from a long history of owning many different trucks from a Ranger, S10 and Tacoma to F250 diesel and GMC and Ford 1500 series. So I have owned lots of trucks. The main difference I would say be aware of is that the Gladiator behaves and drives like a proper off road vehicle does. This means don’t expect it to drive like a car as most trucks do. It is not the refined dressed up aristocratic debutant. It is much more like the beer swilling cowgirl dancing on the bar top. So what I mean by that is it is fun as hell to drive but don’t also expect the best manners on the road. They float around and drift more than any other truck I have ever driven but again I accepted this trait with full knowledge up front but that is because I actually love it. It is just one of those things that I feel people can quickly get turned off by. I would highly recommend an extended test drive if it is your first Jeep. Rent one for a week and be sure.

My second thought is it is much smaller so if coming from a bigger truck keep that in mind. I think that is The largest things I would be aware of.

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
I traded in an older 2004 TJ Rubicon that I liked, but it was very basic compared to the Gladiator. The new Gladiator is much more comfortable on the road because of the longer wheelbase and all of the electronic creature comforts. If you have a lot of heavy towing or hauling needs, a full size pickup might better meet those requirements. The Gladiator, however, will get you where you’re going and looking good while you are on your way.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
3 months in to owning my Gladiator. Came from owning trucks forever so this is my first Jeep..

Pro's: Trucks better then any other Jeep. Jeep's better then any other truck. Its a Hybrid between the 2 market segments & doesn't do either as well as what is designated for its market, but it does a good job at both. And its a fucking convertible truck which I didn't care about, but now that I have it I absolutely love it.

Con's: Compared to any other modern rig I have had the stock steering sucks. Not absolutely terrible, but my last truck which was an 05 f150 was about 100x better in the steering dept. The only other con is how much money you will spend on upgrades making it your own.

Victory

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Wrangler JKU, 2020 Gladiator Mojave
Jeep’s are like AR15’s, buying one is only the beginning, and it’s expensive. But oh so worth it once you make it “yours”.

Costanzio66

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee wrangler renegade
Ok, so I am a first time Jeep owner. I have driven Jeeps before of course but I come from a long history of owning many different trucks from a Ranger, S10 and Tacoma to F250 diesel and GMC and Ford 1500 series. So I have owned lots of trucks. The main difference I would say be aware of is that the Gladiator behaves and drives like a proper off road vehicle does. This means don’t expect it to drive like a car as most trucks do. It is not the refined dressed up aristocratic debutant. It is much more like the beer swilling cowgirl dancing on the bar top. So what I mean by that is it is fun as hell to drive but don’t also expect the best manners on the road. They float around and drift more than any other truck I have ever driven but again I accepted this trait with full knowledge up front but that is because I actually love it. It is just one of those things that I feel people can quickly get turned off by. I would highly recommend an extended test drive if it is your first Jeep. Rent one for a week and be sure.

My second thought is it is much smaller so if coming from a bigger truck keep that in mind. I think that is The largest things I would be aware of.
where can i find a beer swilling dancing cowgirl? i want one or two

Sponsored

Walldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Run away and save your self some money and headaches, researching parts and products..... Lol You will spend all of your hard earned money on extra parts and goodies. Other than that, its a great truck. Just remember JEEP = Just Empty Every Pocket. :LOL:

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Pros: Probably one of the best seating positions of any vehicle I've ever been in. The interior is actually very comfortable front and rear and has a lot of modern conveniences: Stereo bumps, ACC is awesome, LED headlights are bright as hell. The roof and doors come off.

Cons: Know what you're buying. It's a Jeep. It's loud, has loose steering, and catches crosswinds like no other.

I've been getting 22mpg on the highway and if it was my only vehicle I would have probably stuck with a more "civilized" truck. My other vehicle is a competent but soulless CR-V that gets a majority of my commuting and trips so the Gladiator provides a functional vehicle with a personality that I enjoy after work and on weekends and also random days I feel like driving it to work or need to take a trip with a truck.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
My advice is that EVERRYTHING can be added after market. Everything. Some things are more expensive than others, but if you find a truck you want that has most of what you want in your price range, and find that the only way to get all of what you want includes extra packages you don't want it's okay to get the lesser priced one.

For ex we REALLY wanted heated seats but the difference in price on the truck was $4,000 because it also had other items we didn't want. When I did a search and saw you can get kits for $100 or less a seat I said no brainer get the less expensive truck.

Some things are cheaper to add after market than the factory, like JKS quick disconnects for the front sway bar are like $150 vs the electronic bar on the Rubicon which is a $1500 part. Some claim the JKS allow more articulation but it's not the flip of a switch. Very easy to do but does require you to get out.

Even things like lockers aren't THAT much to add, and the ARB ones work great. Figure $3000 for the front and rear with labor. So if you find a truck that is open differential don't think you must get the Rubicon.

If you took a $36k Sport Max Tow and added $20k of after market parts you would have more capability than a $56k Rubicon.

DreamedofaJeepSomeday

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland 6-speed. 2004 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 4x4, gave to daughter w/350K miles
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Want to buy Gladiator, but before can you tell me about cons and pros of this car.
I read a lot of information, but want to hear real reviews.
Thanks for information.
Your question is a bit too broad.

For instance, do you come from a position of previous Jeep ownership?

Previous truck ownership?

What are you looking for in the Gladiator?

Me, I've never owned a Jeep before, but looked longingly at them for much of my driving life. For me, the Gladiator happens to be the perfect storm of Jeep, 4x4, mid-sized truck, convertible, decent ride, available luxury items, decent MPG (for a truck), and last but not least, available manual transmission. That's why I ordered my Overland. but, alas, still waiting to receive it.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
This....exactly. It's a truck a real truck. Will NOT drive like a Taco or a Ridgeline. I have almost 4K on mine. Mountains, highway, town, and off road. No snow yet. A few people on here say that Toyota and Honda etc...they make a truck for on road use and make it acceptable for off road use. Jeep, made a truck for off road excellence and made it acceptable for on road use. If you have driven other straight axle trucks, it's pretty refined. Just make sure you don't get one with the steering issue some forum members are having. Most of it has been covered....

Expect shitty gas mileage...it's not a Prius.

Expect to drive slow. It's not a damn race car. I personally would not want to spend much time if any in triple digit speeds. It's boxy and gets knocked around in the wind on the highway. Plus I got 33 in M/T tires. It won't stop like my Audis.

If you DIG driving. (I'll make an assumption here, but this is a forum of enthusiasts. We generally love driving and mechanical things...the experience trumps gas mileage and sometimes even reliability for most of us.) Essentially if you like vehicles with character...You will be into the Gladiator. I owned one car I hated driving. It was miserable. With my Jeep, a shitty day can easily be fixed by popping the roof off the Gladiator and tooling around town or hitting a trail. It's a convertible truck. Pretty bass ass just for that. I showed up at a BBQ in Denver with the roof off and my buddies' wives grabbed the keys and cruised Denver.... My kids dig it. The 7 years olds climb in it and all over it.

YEAH...back seat is HUGE compared to other trucks in it's class. I have 4 kids and 3 fit in the back no issue. I can sit in the back seat comfortable and I'm 5 ft 10.

Do you like to customize? Crap ton of after market.

Don't want to customize? Will my stock Gladiator crawl like mad? Yes. There is a trail review here and a Taco driver talked about how his 3 in lift Taco had wheels in the air etc to finish a trail. The Jeep just did it, on 33s. Essentially stock no fuss no muss. It's fun to just effortlessly do many trails. I'm not Jonny 4x4 either. I just go slow and pick good lines. It will make you an outside person.

I like that mine has very little nanny state BS. I don't have lane departure or any of that.

The body is aluminum. I got a door ding in the first 800 miles. Cost me $125 to get it taken out by an old timer who was good with a body hammer. I know it will get scratched and dinged from the trails....but damnit....I want to put those there!

Got a lot of attention at first. Much less now that I see more of them on the road. But in May.....all kinds of questions. People asking if it was a custom Jeep etc...

Lots of shade from other truck owners. It's like people think they are flexing. People feel compelled to part their super lifted 2500 rollin coal... next to mine...or the UBER outfitted mall crawler Taco that looks like it's going to go on safari for 10 years and has never left the mall.

Sponsored

Last edited: