First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
What do you need made? Make it out of card stock scan it and email me the pdf and specs.

20201103_153048.jpeg

20201103_153029.jpeg
Nothing yet. I'm just thinking ahead to my next project. You don't need a cad file? If I choose you can do aluminum?

How much? Just a rough estimate for inch of cut. Because cutting out buying the cad program that I'd probably only use a few times is where I'd save quite a bit of money. Everyone has gone to recurring subscriptions rather than just selling a one time cd. I don't want to pay $250 over and over each year just to keep my program current.
Sponsored

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
I usually walk around Home Depot or Lowes and find something close, usually made for some other purpose entirely, and then take them home and modify them to work for what I want.
Sometimes it's in hardware. Sometimes it's in plumbing. Sometimes it's in electrical.
There's already something out there that's 90% done, and all you need is a creative mind and a few simple hand tools to make it work.

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Nothing yet. I'm just thinking ahead to my next project. You don't need a cad file? If I choose you can do aluminum?

How much? Just a rough estimate for inch of cut. Because cutting out buying the cad program that I'd probably only use a few times is where I'd save quite a bit of money. Everyone has gone to recurring subscriptions rather than just selling a one time cd. I don't want to pay $250 over and over each year just to keep my program current.
not a lot at all like only maybe $25-40 for a pair or brackets. I can bend it if needed. I donā€™t do aluminum. I donā€™t need a cad file. I cut flat pieces and go from there. I can convert your pdf into the cut file and adjust as needed.

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3799.jpeg

IMG_3801.jpeg

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
One of my power hacksaws - (the other is at least 50% larger and has been electrified in the past with a decent electric motor powering it by another pulley)
Yes, they work and I use them at times. Not so much any more with the chop saw but these are more fun and make a lot less mess than a chop saw. Once the blade drops it triggers a rod to release the pulley clutch. The engine can continue to run but the saw stops moving.

Jeep Gladiator Advice on Building Brackets IMG_3801
Now thatā€™s cool.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
With my limited skills and tools, the bumper is coming along. Need to weld some spots again after grinding, but itā€™s going to work. Iā€™m excited to have a homemade setup allowing me to remove the ears for off roading, but have a full width on the road.

IMG_5803.jpeg

IMG_5809.jpeg

IMG_5808.jpeg

IMG_5805.jpeg

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Have you shopped around to see what is available that will work for what you want? You can buy a lot of pre-made brackets for less than what you would spend to make them yourself. Mopar sells a set that mounts to the frame in front of the grill for around $120. Nilight and a few others sell a large variety of brackets.

I understand the desire to do it yourself, and the satisfaction from doing it, but it's prudent to review the situation and the practicality of attempting it.

OP
OP

Vanishing Point

First Name
Ernest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Physician
Have you shopped around to see what is available that will work for what you want? You can buy a lot of pre-made brackets for less than what you would spend to make them yourself. Mopar sells a set that mounts to the frame in front of the grill for around $120. Nilight and a few others sell a large variety of brackets.

I understand the desire to do it yourself, and the satisfaction from doing it, but it's prudent to review the situation and the practicality of attempting it.
They are 9" Hellas and I have a winch. So not much room in the center of the aftermarket bumper. At 9" if I mount them on top of the bumper it looks like they might partially sit in the headlight beam or of I move them over they could partially obscure the turn signals. For safety reasons I don't want that. The after market bumper has some weird angles to it. I just built a cardboard cutout of the lights and it looks like some odd angles are involved at potential mounting points. The lights are also heavy so solid multipoint mounting to decrease vibrations will be in order. Mounting them low will help prevent glare in the snowy conditions I expect to use them in.

I figure just do it once, do it right, and pay whatever I need to pay. I do want a quality mount. Next few weeks I'll be building a cardboard mount for my cardboard light.
Sponsored