Advice on another Jeep

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco BL & Rubi Recon, 99 Miata
Yeah, I'm thinking 4xe is really the way to go. The standard Sahara 4xe is an incredible deal. The day they make a 4xe Mojave I am all in!
Sponsored

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
Loving the Gladiator ... my excuse has been "Wife wanted a Wrangler; I wanted a truck. Just made sense."

Now it's about time to replace the family SUV and I'm thinking Wrangler (to compliment the Gladiator).

Granted this is the Gladiator forum ... any thoughts on a dream Wrangler? I'm thinking diesel Rubicon. Help?
You know what's even better than a diesel Wrangler? A diesel Gladiator! lol.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
2 Jeep, 2 engine family here- wife drives a JLU Sahara with the 2.0 Turbo e-torque, Jt Rubi pentastar for me. Honestly the diesel just isnt worth it to me. Already hearing of issues with the emissions system, especially if you live/ drive in the cold. Previous ecodiesel track record was horrendous and the added weight from the diesel can be an issue with payload etc...

Between the pentastar and the 2.0 in a Wrangler I would take the 2.0. Crazy acceleration for a Jeep and good torque, my wife averages 23mpg on 33” Grabber ATXs. She has 60k miles without a single service visit.
Not sure what you mean about the cold affecting the emissions system. Perhaps you could elaborate.
I put 40k on a Ram 1500 over several very cold winters = -40c at times. Cold starts at -30c after being parked for a week, and had no issues. This was the last Gen of 3.0.
This Gen so far seems improved, although I don’t need to cold start anymore because I no longer travel for work so it is always in a heated garage.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Ask away 😁😁👍🏻🇺🇸

I would do it in a heartbeat. Oh wait.....already did. Gladiator is 2 months old. JL for the wife is 1 week old.

805AF216-5053-440B-A03C-02AFB7BD2890.jpeg

695B8A94-6DF2-4B93-9789-392C74D0AF9C.jpeg
Oh, man, this hurts. The wife has been talking about buying a JLUR. I showed her a Chief Blue Rubicon that I built on Jeep.com, and she was ready to order.

Aaaaaaannnd...ordering is closed for Chief Blue. She was bummed.

That really looks good.

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Oh, man, this hurts. The wife has been talking about buying a JLUR. I showed her a Chief Blue Rubicon that I built on Jeep.com, and she was ready to order.

Aaaaaaannnd...ordering is closed for Chief Blue. She was bummed.

That really looks good.
This color is even better in person. She gets ton of compliments on such a unique color.

Search around. You can find one. Not sure where you are but they have 1 more at Chapman Dodge Jeep in Scottsdale.

Good luck!

Sponsored

SuburbanGP88

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Don't know if I would get a wrangler to go with my gladiator. Had a wrangler which was replaced by the Gladiator. I like variety in the fleet. I'll get similar cars as replacement or upgrade but not all at the same time.

There must be a family car (which the Gladiator serves), a fun sports car like a 2 door convertible (which the Gladiator can pinch hit), and a utility truck or SUV (Gladiator serves too), so I guess I'm actually saving money with the Gladiator...

OP
OP
WemoVealot

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I say go for it!
I really want to! Just found the 2021 JLUR at a local dealer ... even the color my wife likes. Decent price as well.

I am honestly hoping for other perspectives and advice before pulling any triggers. This makes absolutely no financial sense. It's about creating an adventure lifestyle for the family and still meeting DD demands.

Across the country and off the beaten path in mutually supporting offroad vehicles.

Thanks for all the input so far and other advice.

HorneyBadger

First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Performance Analyst
Wife loves her Sahara! She cant wait to go topless in the summer!!!

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
This makes absolutely no financial sense. It's about creating an adventure lifestyle for the family and still meeting DD demands.

Across the country and off the beaten path in mutually supporting offroad vehicles.
Dude, you nailed it right on the head right there. Most things don’t make financial sense.

Enjoy what you have while you can. Adventure lifestyle for family. Couldnt have said it better. Appears you mind is exactly where it needs to be.

is the color Chief?!! Hoping it is for your wife.

Last edited:
OP
OP
WemoVealot

WemoVealot

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO, 2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Dude, you nailed it right on the head right there. Most things don’t make financial self.

Enjoy what you have while you can. Adventure lifestyle for family. Couldnt have said it better. Appears you mind is exactly where it needs to be.

is the color Chief?!! Hoping it is for your wife.
Yep. It’s Chief blue and for the wife.
Getting close!

Sponsored

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th
We went the other way.
My wife has had the JL Wrangler and I liked it so much I got the Gladiator.
Both ours are the 3.6. Originally went that way on the Wrangler because I thought it was the more reliable choice and had good service from the 3.6 in other vehicles.

I have owned 1 diesel and wont own another unless I have a need for a true big tow rig.
Yea the torque is nice, but hated dealing with the messy fuel pumps/handles at gas stations and the added maintenance cost.

Aubie

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 JT Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I got a jt and my wife has a jlur. We also have 3 kids that fit in the backseat area. Wife loves her jl and I'm the same with the jt. She doesn't like driving the jt due to the wheelbase and that's fine with me. We are getting lifts and tires soon.
Sponsored