Sponsored

AEV: Building out a JT370

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I have not been in the research phase for LONG time. Now looking at doing a JT with an Alucab and Aux Tank.

I will be doing a full JT370, but have some questions.

JT from the factory:
  1. Rubicon
  2. 3.6L
  3. Manual
  4. Hardtop
Suspension:
In looking at the JT370 there are some options that I'm hoping others have used or seen. When it comes to the lift, it looks like I can upgrade to the HiCap dual sport. Does anyone have this with 37s? With my planned build out this seems like the way to go.
  • AEV's 3" DualSport RT High Capacity Suspension System is AEV's ultimate dual-purpose suspension system, giving you better ride quality and designed for overland enthusiasts who have a fully outfitted vehicle that is also consistently loaded with heavier gear (+400-700 lbs. over the standard load spring), such as modular cargo systems or roof rack/rooftop tent combinations
Gears:
With 37s and Manual, I think 4.88s would be the better choice. Thoughts? Not even sure if AEV will do 4.88s on a JT370.

Lights:
Thinking of Amber in the lower bumper.
Sponsored

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave Sarge
Occupation
Gunsmith
Can you even still get a manual in 2024?

I think 4.88 would put you back in the proper power range of the 3.6L, but with the weight you will be carrying 5.13 may work better. I don't see why AEV wouldn't do it, it isn't costing anymore to put a non AEV standard gear ratio.

Looking forward to hearing about it.

KevinC

OP
OP

Beowulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I am worried about the manual for 2024. That’s the last thing I’m waiting for. The actual release/configurator for the JT.

I won’t put money down on a mystery build.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
Why an AluCab? There are so many more options out there. Most people seem to be stuck on them. I mean they are pretty nice. Not knocking them but they weigh a fuckton. Why AEV? Again so many more options out there. Although I haven't heard any bad things about AEV but they won't publish their spring rates. Just curious.

Warped

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Mojave, '23 GC Summit Reserve,'23 AEV JL370
Build Thread
Link
I have not been in the research phase for LONG time. Now looking at doing a JT with an Alucab and Aux Tank.

I will be doing a full JT370, but have some questions.

JT from the factory:
  1. Rubicon
  2. 3.6L
  3. Manual
  4. Hardtop
Suspension:
In looking at the JT370 there are some options that I'm hoping others have used or seen. When it comes to the lift, it looks like I can upgrade to the HiCap dual sport. Does anyone have this with 37s? With my planned build out this seems like the way to go.
  • AEV's 3" DualSport RT High Capacity Suspension System is AEV's ultimate dual-purpose suspension system, giving you better ride quality and designed for overland enthusiasts who have a fully outfitted vehicle that is also consistently loaded with heavier gear (+400-700 lbs. over the standard load spring), such as modular cargo systems or roof rack/rooftop tent combinations
Gears:
With 37s and Manual, I think 4.88s would be the better choice. Thoughts? Not even sure if AEV will do 4.88s on a JT370.

Lights:
Thinking of Amber in the lower bumper.

Having a JL370 (Not a JT), here are my opinions.

With all of the recalls and issues with teh current manuals, I'd go auto. If you stick to the manual, you can get 4.88s from the factory order and ensure AEV credits you for the gear change if they don't do it. I don't see it listed as an option, but worth a call to them. Definitely option for the 8100 shocks and maybe the higher capacity springs. I had a 2020 Rubicon JL with the 5100 shocks and the JL370 with the 8100s and the difference is awesome. On a Jeep Jamboree currently and I can't tell you how good this system is!

As far as the lower amber lights, they are almost too bright to use on road, but I love mine and have no regrets. It's slick to have them right above the AEV front skid plate. Tested on rocks quite a bit today.

Sponsored

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I hope you move forward with the build and thank to Warped for posting his review of the Dual Sport. I am currently in the financial gathering phase for that exact suspension. I currently have the Mopar 2 inch with the Harker Outdoor EDC Camper. Although it is a light camper, all of the gear starts adding up!

Jeep Gladiator AEV: Building out a JT370 IMG_9342
Sponsored

Reactions: SKT