First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I ran their full 4.5” suspension, snorkel and rear water tank bumper.

Jeep drove better than stock on the aev lift and the quality of the bumper and snorkel was excellent. It’s honestly those parts that “you get what you pay for”

Your right Chevrolet teamed up with AEV because as Chevrolet said “the have the highest quality and R&D in their products” compared with the tests of the aftermarket.

AEV also developed the special edition bumpers and hoods on the wrangler “call of duty”,”winter”, “backcountry” and I believe a couple other special edition Wranglers.

Watch some videos of AEV parts on YouTube and also the product developement videos of the Bison. You’ll be impressed I’m sure.

Perhaps I'll have to eat my words when I said earlier there's no way AEV makes the best of everything You guys seem to really like their stuff.

Isn't Chevy coming out with a tricked out AEV Colorado? Gotta research this now.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I'm assuming everyone knows the thing about hitting a deer or elk ... You'd rather live and be able to afford to replace just the bull bumper. I saw my first sexy eyes jeep today. Hadn't seen one!

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm assuming everyone knows the thing about hitting a deer or elk ... You'd rather live and be able to replace just the bull bumper. I saw my first sexy eyes jeep today. Hadn't seen one!
can't a deer still go over the bull bar and into the windshield?

Sponsored

OP
OP
starrsRN

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
It will be out probably by next year EJS. They are never the first to get a product out. They do lots of R&D before they release them
I like that they test everything to the max, but this wait time is crazy this year. Lots of people have gone other directions now with their builds because they got tired of waiting for even prices of the AEV bumpers. Nice stuff, but not worth waiting forever for.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I like that they test everything to the max, but this wait time is crazy this year. Lots of people have gone other directions now with their builds because they got tired of waiting for even prices of the AEV bumpers. Nice stuff, but not worth waiting forever for.

They did mention all their parts would be out by EJS this year. Wheels have started to come out for the JL. They have high quality control on parts so they put many bumper through extreme salt testing so they can test corrosion protection. That’s something almost no aftermarket does.

Honestly if their parts are out by summer I don’t think it’s that bad it’s only been just over a year since the JL was released.

And to be fair they were dealing with the launch of the AEV Bison which I think took a lot of their resources.

I’ll probably end up running a Mopar lift until AEV has a proper 3.5/4.5” lift for the JT and run the rest of their lineup since it should all fit and will most likely be all out by the time I get my JT.

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Oh yes I know that. That’s a given. In looking at the rear quarter section I trust that everyone has seen where the rear quarter rock rails bolt into place on the Rubicon versions. Am certain that many aftermarket companies will use those same bolt places to bolt on rear bumper side steps to. Perfect use of those unused bolt holes.
7FCA04ED-CBCA-47E7-855B-6B8DF48FB0B5.jpeg

Further to my above post I found a good picture of the rear rock rails showing the bolts that are used to mount them to a Gladiator. As mentioned I believe most aftermarket companies will use these same bolt points to attach a rear bumper step in the same place. Piece of cake easy.

Hmm, sounds familiar, as does the photo you borrowed from jalopnik:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/closer-look-at-all-the-mechanical-bits.8546/page-2

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
31A6FC02-0F0D-497E-9780-DDFFD7035D5E.jpeg
Don’t really remember exactly where I found the picture. Just found it somewhere and posted it to show how someone else could easily use the same bolt points to make different side steps. Oh and by the way Jeep/Mopar is supposed to also have some rear bumper side steps, although no one has ever seen them. This was listed on a show sign of a Gladiator that was supposed to be equipped with these side rear bumper steps even though that Gladiator clearly didn’t have them on the truck shown. Once I have seen them then I just may get them provided the price of the truck is reasonable.
Sponsored