Aftermarket bumper recommendations

Otaypankey

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver JTR, 2015 Mercedes Benz E550 Cabriolet, 2020 BMW R1250 RT
So I have had my truck for 2 weeks and am itching to do an upgrade. I have zero experience jeeping and thought a new front bumper and winch would be a good place to start.

I am looking for a stubby front bumper. Any recs on mfrs for both bumper and winch? Also any guidance on how tough the install is? Not much of a mechanic but looking to gain some experience and do the install myself.

My truck is a Rubicon with plastic front bumper.
Sponsored

Hemi

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK, 2020 Gladiator
With a Rubi, I would look for a bumper that also has a bumper skid as an accessory. The disconnect motor is pretty exposed and you need to protect it. JCR Offroad has some nice choices

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Looking for one on my sport s also!

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Metalcloak JL bumpers will fit, and they are pretty awesome. I'll see if I can post a picture of my Jk with MC bumper and fenders.

Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
I hope to give you some advice, look for a front bumper with high lift Jack points for use, or a bumper that has a high lift storage mount. The removal of the front bumper is not hard, just be aware that if you want to use the factory lights you will need to disassemble the bumper to remove the lights and wiring harness. You might want to explore the idea of buying a spacer kit like a warm bumper spacer kit, the bolt size for the 8 bumper bolts is 18 mm use a deep well socket. The fit between the winch and bumper will be tight if you do not use the spacer kit.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
So I have had my truck for 2 weeks and am itching to do an upgrade. I have zero experience jeeping and thought a new front bumper and winch would be a good place to start.

I am looking for a stubby front bumper. Any recs on mfrs for both bumper and winch? Also any guidance on how tough the install is? Not much of a mechanic but looking to gain some experience and do the install myself.

This is going to be such a touch choice LOL. There are so many bumpers out there and it was really difficult for me and I am still mulling over to keep my steel LE bumper on as is and decide later. But, regarding the install you should be able to install it yourself as long as you can turn a wrench - I am no mechanic either but it is a pretty easy install. Happy shopping and please share pics with us after your install :)

OP
OP

Otaypankey

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver JTR, 2015 Mercedes Benz E550 Cabriolet, 2020 BMW R1250 RT
I went with the Smitty XRC and their X20 10,000 lbs winch with Syn line
IMG_3025.JPG
Like this a lot! Did you install the winch before or after bumper installed?

Sponsored

SFC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon, 2012 JK Wrangler Unlimited Sport, 2000 XJ Cherokee

I highly recommend LOD Offroad. I have front and rear bumpers on my JKU. The rear bumper saved me in an accident last year. So much so, that I didn't have damage to the bumper, frame or body. However, the Dodge Ram 1500 that rear ended me was totaled.

I have the Signature Series shorty on order for my JT.

https://lodoffroad.com/products/jeep/2019-jeep-jt-gladiator-truck.html