Sponsored

Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
Have any of you purchased / installed the rubicon copy cat fender flares? If so, how was the fit and install?

Those who have done others, care to post pics of what you went with?
Sponsored

Glad_Sconnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
I went with Bushwacker Flat Flares (on my Sport S Max Tow - "wide" axles)...running rubicon springs up front and a 1" leveling block, on 35" tires. Have all kinds of room, and likely wouldn't have any issues with 37"s rubbing under full flex (based on these wheels and amount of gap with my current tires when off camber).

I went with these because I wanted more room without needing to go to 2" lift right away, and I don't "hardcore" off-road in tight spaces, so I didn't need metal fenders...plus I picked them up on sale when they first came out (they were $150+ off).

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 20200925_205259

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 20200925_205028

Can provide more pictures if needed/requested...

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers

itsdapk

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
PK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgerssuperchargers.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave , 2019 Ram
Occupation
Sales Manager @ Hamburger's Superchargers
Is there a reason you did those over the high rise ones that come on the rubicon / mojave?
I thought they look better. Also it fixed the rub at full lock on 37x1350x20s with no lift

Sponsored

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
I went over this a LOT. Everyone is going to have different ideas on what they want and there's generally something out there for it.

I thought about Rubicon take offs and the fender chop kit, but I wanted painted fenders and I just couldn't find any reasonably priced. Between shipping and chopping it was going to cost even more than aftermarkets.

The Metalcloaks are def the most rigid but I didn't like the looks.

I really wanted Motobilt to come out with some because they have a very classic look, didn't happen.

I ended up with JCR, clean classic look, no funky nose hanging off the front, lights are nicely integrated. They were on production backorder but I should have them in about 2 weeks.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 1621533064547

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 1621533120834

rears
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 1621533144612

Wall of Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Like joyride said, this was one of the most challenging decisions, trying to match up what fit my build right, what was durable and functional, price, etc., and in fact ended up reselling a few options before I landed on what I currently have. And still not 100% sure it was the right option.

The net of it is I did get the Road Armor fenders front and rear (not thrilled with RA customer support or quality), and then married them with Fishbone aluminum inner liners (had to do some custom fitment to get them to work with these fenders). Finally got everything all done just last week, so still need to get some time with them on the trails to decide if this was the right call.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 1621535646783

OP
OP
93civej1

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
i have been leaning on getting the rubicon ones, but its hard to find any around me ever for sale, so I was thinking about the knock offs. I really like them with the chop kit look.
Im not opposed to others though.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
i have been leaning on getting the rubicon ones, but its hard to find any around me ever for sale, so I was thinking about the knock offs. I really like them with the chop kit look.
Im not opposed to others though.
This was the issue I had, really like the chopped Rubicon fenders but nothing really available, and those that were would be more than after market.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I too went bushwacker. Mainly off of price. Eventually I will pull these in favor of either the JCR or Nemesis flares. I picked up the full set of four for 360 shipped from amazon a while back. I dont regret them even though I want to replace them. They are cheap & got me the clearance needed when I needed it for a whole lot less then any other options.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 1621945738458

Sponsored

gerky18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I went with the DV8 ones. They are all metal and use rivet nuts for attachment. The main thing I am not happy about with them is the silver bolts but that is a minor issue that I could always change out later.

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other Gladiator Cutout

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the knockoff Rubicon fenders. They fit perfect and were an easy install. I did the Quake fender chop after I installed them. The only negative for me was the finish doesn't match the factory black fenders. They're not textured the same as factory and that makes the color slightly darker. You can see it in the first picture below. It hasnt bother me enough to fix it yet...

20210117_140521.jpg

20210522_093827.jpg

20210522_093835.jpg

KENNEDY13TX

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the knockoff Rubicon fenders. They fit perfect and were an easy install. I did the Quake fender chop after I installed them. The only negative for me was the finish doesn't match the factory black fenders. They're not textured the same as factory and that makes the color slightly darker. You can see it in the first picture below. It hasnt bother me enough to fix it yet...

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 20210522_093835

Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Fender Flares - Rubicon style, or other 20210522_093835

Is the texture on these smooth so they can be painted?

Elgin

First Name
Elgin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I went with Bushwacker Flat Flares (on my Sport S Max Tow - "wide" axles)...running rubicon springs up front and a 1" leveling block, on 35" tires. Have all kinds of room, and likely wouldn't have any issues with 37"s rubbing under full flex (based on these wheels and amount of gap with my current tires when off camber).

I went with these because I wanted more room without needing to go to 2" lift right away, and I don't "hardcore" off-road in tight spaces, so I didn't need metal fenders...plus I picked them up on sale when they first came out (they were $150+ off).

Can provide more pictures if needed/requested...
More pictures please! How was the installation? Was it easy?
Sponsored