Sponsored

Aftermarket Tonneau Covers?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
This is their reply.......I feel like its missing something, like "Thank you for your interest in DB Covers, at DB covers we strive to answer all your questions, at DB covers we don't like our truck covers to have solid overlap on the mounts on Jeep Gladiators because we decided to use off the shelf parts we already had laying around. Don't worry you're the adventurous type. Won't it be an adventure when your DB cover flys off at 80mph on the highway?.........

I know a bit dramatic, but come on. These things are EXPENSIVE and look awesome. That mount is worse than my $147 maxmate mount.........Oh well :headbang:

"Hi Steffen,

This looks correct.

Thanks!

Mike Pelella

Customer Experience Manager
DiamondBack Truck Covers
O
: 814-273-8426 F: 866-311-3232
diamondbackcovers.com | facebook | flickr

"I saw a post on a forum, looks like on the gladiator there is very little overlap of these two mounting pieces……is the piece in the rail upside down?
upload_2020-1-6_11-3-16.png
""
Here's a photo of 1/6 of the Alu-Cab mounts :muscle::muscle::muscle:........who's is weak, you be the judge!
upload_2020-2-12_20-27-7.png

121Ranger

First Name
Darrol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch
Got my Truck Covers USA tonneau installed yesterday. This thing is one solid tonneau. I love the low profile and matte finish. Also, I washed my truck today, to include washing the cover, lots of pollen here, and to my surprise no water got in the bed at all. Cost including labor and tax was $2300 in Jacksonville, Fl. Although expensive, I think it’s well worth it.

A059C4AB-3EF5-41FD-87E6-DB1BE88E9983.jpeg
A4809584-59A1-4A21-8E09-1AC2B8E58E1F.jpeg
A68F4CFB-CA41-4187-BAE0-22665B0A631F.jpeg

Sponsored

kelcher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
Those of you that have the Diamondback cover how has it sealed for you? Any leaks? Do any of you remove it and re-install when you have larger loads? How much time does it take you?

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Those of you that have the Diamondback cover how has it sealed for you? Any leaks? Do any of you remove it and re-install when you have larger loads? How much time does it take you?
I have a small leak on the passenger's side currently. And I mean small like 24 hours of heavy downpour and I get like an once or two of water in there. I readjusted it (I was slightly askew on my initial install by myself. Plan on looking into this more lots of fine tuning with the tightening. Will probably contact diamondback if it still occurs.

I haven't had to remove mine yet, I had a taller load and I was able to flip back one of the panels, actually worked really good since it provided support to keep the load from shifting. Haven't loaded anything on top yet, but have walked on it and it is sturdy (I have the HD)

It looks like it will be a pain to take off though based on how hard it was to get it just right from a centering perspective, but I already own a 16ft trailer so the 5ft bed was never seen as too useful to me. Anything that I would use a truck bed for I just plan on putting on top of it and tying down.

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
No worries, I’m actually traveling and away from my truck. Once I return home (week and a half) I’ll measure it for you.
I’m sorry this took so long, however, the distance is 17”.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)
$600 dollars off of a factory second Diamondback HD...looks like a weld was missed on a support bracket. If anyone is interested.

https://diamondbackcovers.com/colle...et/products/outlet-black-diamondback-hd-76002

"This DiamondBack HD has a missed side weld. Cover may flex and shouldn't be hauled on. "

552CD6F8-CB0E-499A-A486-70D8BA23C388_-_ShopFloor_Ipad1_1000x.jpg
Damn, that's a good deal!
Looks like the support at the hinge - those are the hinge attachment bolts. Could probably be welded but would make a mess of the coating on the top.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Looks like the support at the hinge - those are the hinge attachment bolts. Could probably be welded but would make a mess of the coating on the top.
I agree. I don't know enough about welding (especially aluminum) to know how much of a mess it would make, or if somewhat fixable afterwards. The hinge would hide some of it.

I'd jump on it personally, but I have a RTT, and will probably use it for other material hauling. Though I do know a good aluminum dump body manufacturer nearby....

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Installed Leer’s full metal jackrabbit today... still need to fine tune the fit, but super straight forward install.
Jeep Gladiator Aftermarket Tonneau Covers? 552CD6F8-CB0E-499A-A486-70D8BA23C388_-_ShopFloor_Ipad1_1000x
How are you liking the jackrabbit? How dry does it keep your gear?
Sponsored