Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you turn the truck off, open the door and get out with key, walk away, it should lock itself.
I didn't think that was functional on these - others have asked and everyone said no. That could be a bad thing in a way.
Does it really work on yours? Tested?
Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
If you turn the truck off, open the door and get out with key, walk away, it should lock itself.
The PE auto relock setting is for instance, if the doors are locked, and you grab the handle to passively unlock the doors, but you don’t end up opening any doors, they will automatically relock after a minute.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The PE auto relock setting is for instance, if the doors are locked, and you grab the handle to passively unlock the doors, but you don’t end up opening any doors, they will automatically relock after a minute.
I knew they did that - I think it's in the book. BUT - Didn't know that's what that setting was.
I thought that was the default setting, it's in the book.

Jeep Gladiator AlfaOBD settings 1673925168442

So on my 2022 which came factory with passive entry, that should be set to yes from the factory.

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I knew they did that - I think it's in the book. BUT - Didn't know that's what that setting was.
I thought that was the default setting, it's in the book.

Jeep Gladiator AlfaOBD settings 1673925168442

So on my 2022 which came factory with passive entry, that should be set to yes from the factory.
Does AlfaOBD pick up on your 2022 BCM variant when you connect to it, or do you have to force it to connect after the missing ISO pop up?
If you go to change that setting, does it tell you then that it’s currently set to “no”?
Do your doors automatically relock if you perform the above example?

Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Some interesting BCM differences between my truck and a fully loaded Rubicon:

Park Assist Tuning Set:

Rubicon: Base 2/8 Channel/Rubicon
Mojave: Base 1/4 Channel/Sahara

The Mojave is more like the Rubicon height wise than the Sahara. I have Park Assist. I wonder if me adding the steel rubicon bumper means I should change this to "Base 2/8 Channel/Rubicon"? I used the same 4 sensors that came in my plastic bumper and transferred them to the Rubicon bumper.

Battery:

Rubicon with factory upfit battery ( aux and/or tow package ): IBS3 Vehicle Battery Type (0-63): 6.000
Mojave with factory base battery ( no aux, no tow package ): IBS3 Vehicle Battery Type (0-63): 22.000

This one I am guessing the Rubicon has the upgraded battery. My truck didn't come with Aux switches or Trailer Tow package so the base battery. People put who knows what batteries in vehicles as they age. Wouldn't think you'd need to change this parameter. Wonder what it does....

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Some interesting BCM differences between my truck and a fully loaded Rubicon:

Park Assist Tuning Set:

Rubicon: Base 2/8 Channel/Rubicon
Mojave: Base 1/4 Channel/Sahara

The Mojave is more like the Rubicon height wise than the Sahara. I have Park Assist. I wonder if me adding the steel rubicon bumper means I should change this to "Base 2/8 Channel/Rubicon"? I used the same 4 sensors that came in my plastic bumper and transferred them to the Rubicon bumper.

Battery:

Rubicon: IBS3 Vehicle Battery Type (0-63): 6.000
Mojave: IBS3 Vehicle Battery Type (0-63): 22.000

This one I am guessing the Rubicon has the upgraded battery. My truck didn't come with Aux switches or Trailer Tow package so the base battery. People put who knows what batteries in vehicles as they age. Wouldn't think you'd need to change this parameter. Wonder what it does....
It's probably a code for size and type.
Without aux switches, I know the Wrangler gets a 600 amp battery while Wrangler with aux switches gets a 700.
I'd have to check my notes but bet that the numbers are similar for Gladiator - the aux switches do get you the bigger battery physically. My 2020 had a spacer in the tray, my 2022 has a battery that fills the tray. The build sheet will tell, as will the order guide on the forum.

OK, my 2020 Overland had battery type 22.
I don't have the log dump for my 22 handy but it's likely to have the other since it has the larger battery and aux switches.

Unfortunately, since AlfaOBD doesn't recognize the BCM in my truck, it doesn't give the same amount of information or detail it did with my 2020 so the battery type and other info is missing. I've noticed that's one problem with them not having kept up - it gives some information, but not the same info or the type of detail it did with my 2020 even having turned off any checking of the modules - connect, ignore the fact you don't recognize it. Apparently the location of some settings is different. There's no battery info in the AlfaOBD BCM logs

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Since when batteries go, people buy "whatever" at the parts store as long as it's the right size, it's weird they have a specific setting there. Some Die Hard compatible battery might have 770cca or whatever. Obviously 99.9999999999% of people aren't going to go into their BCM and change that. Clearly the truck is compatible with any AGM 12v battery that fits with enough cranking amps and not just the 2 OEM batteries.

So base is "6" and aux/tow package is "22". Wonder what it does...

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Parksense options...

Jeep Gladiator AlfaOBD settings Screenshot_20230118-095017_AlfaOBD

Why would Rubicon be different? Gotta be the steel bumper.... anyone with a non Rubicon with the factory rear steel option have a comparison?

Perhaps the Rubicon has them angled differently? I can't imagine the harness or the sensors are any different between plastic and steel Parksense. My harness and sensors went right in to the steel bumper as clean as factory.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Since when batteries go, people buy "whatever" at the parts store as long as it's the right size, it's weird they have a specific setting there. Some Die Hard compatible battery might have 770cca or whatever. Obviously 99.9999999999% of people aren't going to go into their BCM and change that. Clearly the truck is compatible with any AGM 12v battery that fits with enough cranking amps and not just the 2 OEM batteries.

So base is "6" and aux/tow package is "22". Wonder what it does...
So true- I'd put in the biggest capacity battery I could get to fit in the tray for mine.

My 2020 had tow package but no aux switches.
Literally the only differences were the aux switches, apparently thinking some heavy draw items would be used with those....... both were pretty much identically equipped otherwise (well, GG and Selec-Trac)

All I can think of is how the system (BCM, etc) is tracking the ability of the truck to restart again after an ESS stop event. But it's not as likely to be an issues with a higher capacity battery that isn't near the end of its life.
The kicker is that you can have a battery knock out some crazy good CCAs but have a pissy capacity. It can sprint but dies after a marathon.
I'd not sweat the battery settings - there's only so much it can calculate anyway. And we will likely never truly know what those codes really mean.

But - kudos for trying to make sense of some of this and posting what seems to be "normal'" stock settings for each level. If nothing else, if someone really screws up they can look for what's correct for their JT and move forward from there.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
LOL - wiring manuals from FCA aren't all that:

Jeep Gladiator AlfaOBD settings 1674083686670

Anyone have a JT with 9 Park Assist sensors and Front Park Assist? wtf...
Obviously that content is shared with European models or other Jeeps.
The steel eBay knock-off bumper does have sensor holes. There's gotta be a reason those bumpers from China have sensor holes - EU? Did any Wrangler come with front park sensors? So much of "what's out there" as far as documents related to wiring seem to come from the Wrangler world.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Obviously that content is shared with European models or other Jeeps.
Yeah, got to be a European thing.

Attached the connector map diagram and sensor 1-6 are on the front bumper and 8-11 on the rear bumper. Funny thing, I find no reference to a number 7 sensor and seems to have been skipped over.

Attachments

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, got to be a European thing.

Attached the connector map diagram and sensor 1-6 are on the front bumper and 8-11 on the rear bumper. Funny thing, I find no reference to a number 7 sensor and seems to have been skipped over.
Sensors 7 & 12 are reserved for the rear bumper for stellantis vehicles that have parallel and perpendicular parking assist.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Sensors 7 & 12 are reserved for the rear bumper for stellantis vehicles that have parallel and perpendicular parking assist.
Perhaps like Grand Cherokee that can park itself?
Sponsored