Sponsored

AlfaOBD settings

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Sensors 7 & 12 are reserved for the rear bumper for stellantis vehicles that have parallel and perpendicular parking assist.
Makes sense now. Probably just a cookie cutter design across a few vehicles.
Sponsored

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
Parksense options...

Screenshot_20230118-095017_AlfaOBD.jpg
I REALLLLY want to know about this. I have a guess at this point:

I think Sahara means everything but Rubicon ( plastic bumper ) and Rubicon means steel bumper. I bet "Mopar" means MOPAR lift installed. Those things would affect the parking sensor tuning.

Then again the Mojave and Rubicon are both higher than other trims stock. Perplexed. I might try some tests with cones behind the truck and at angles and toggle the setting.

If anyone has a scan from a Freedom Edition with rear parking sensors please post it! Those have steel rear bumpers.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

I think Sahara means everything but Rubicon ( plastic bumper ) and Rubicon means steel bumper. I bet "Mopar" means MOPAR lift installed. Those things would affect the parking sensor tuning.

Then again the Mojave and Rubicon are both higher than other trims stock. Perplexed. I might try some tests with cones behind the truck and at angles and toggle the setting.

If anyone has a scan from a Freedom Edition with rear parking sensors please post it! Those have steel rear bumpers.
I wonder what a JLU Rubicon would show as.............

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee

I wouldn’t put too much thought into those settings at all. They are the same settings used on other Dodge, jeep, ram vehicles. All the logs I have of various ram trucks, they vary between Sahara, rubicon, summit, etc, with no rhyme or reason.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Someone has to have figured out a way to change the TPMS pressure?I tried resetting both the "Heavy Load" and "Pressure threshold" settings. It changed what it says on the dash to "infate to", but the amber TPMS light and red tire preessure still were illuminated. Must be another setting I'm missing?

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Someone has to have figured out a way to change the TPMS pressure?I tried resetting both the "Heavy Load" and "Pressure threshold" settings. It changed what it says on the dash to "infate to", but the amber TPMS light and red tire preessure still were illuminated. Must be another setting I'm missing?
For JSCAN I got my changed from 38 to 35. JSCAN has preloaded 5 psi increments, you can't go between. They've set up the choices in "fives".

• Light Load Inflation Pressure Front / Rear Tire: Leave at 0.
• Max Load Inflation Pressure Front / Rear Tire: for vehicles that have a load sensor (Gladiator, RAM
trucks). This value is used as the minimum pressure when the vehicle is fully loaded.

The above max load inflation number on mine was 38 before I changed it which is the door jamb sticker number.
After I changed it if the pressure is low it now says "inflate to 35 psi"

TPMS is no longer in a TPMS module - there's a box there, but the sensing from the sensors has been moved. They moved it mid-2021 model year. (RFH?)

Attachments

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
For JSCAN I got my changed from 38 to 35. JSCAN has preloaded 5 psi increments, you can't go between. They've set up the choices in "fives".

• Light Load Inflation Pressure Front / Rear Tire: Leave at 0.
• Max Load Inflation Pressure Front / Rear Tire: for vehicles that have a load sensor (Gladiator, RAM
trucks). This value is used as the minimum pressure when the vehicle is fully loaded.

The above max load inflation number on mine was 38 before I changed it which is the door jamb sticker number.
After I changed it if the pressure is low it now says "inflate to 35 psi"

TPMS is no longer in a TPMS module - there's a box there, but the sensing from the sensors has been moved. They moved it mid-2021 model year. (RFH?)
OK, so if this is like the RAM trucks I need the PIN. Funny the Tazer can reset it without the PIN, but the lowest it will go is 25psi and I need 20psi

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
OK, so if this is like the RAM trucks I need the PIN. Funny the Tazer can reset it without the PIN, but the lowest it will go is 25psi and I need 20psi
I reset mine with JSCAN, no pin. I just changed the number from the factory 38 to the closest to the 36 I wanted and that was 35. I then closed out of JSCAN, shut down and the next day, it was at 35 when the tire pressure was low due to sub-0 temperatures. I purposely didn't yet inflate the tires for winter as I wanted to see how it would react.
I don't know about AlfaOBD, but JSCAN was a piece of cake.
No pin.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have JSCAN. I have Alfa OBD and Tazer......neither of which have worked to get my pressure down to 20psi yet
I find it odd that AlfaOBD mentions a pin to make the change because if a code is needed, JSCAN should also require it.
I didn't pay attention to how low you could go with JSCAN - maybe there's a limit on how low it would go due to limits of the truck's systems.

Some instructions say to make the change and disconnect the battery (batteries) to reset the ECU. I can force such a reset in JSCAN - I bet AlfaOBD can as well - but I'd have to look. Too danged cold to connect to it now.

Sponsored

Jimmy07

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 2500 2019 Jeep Cherokee
PIN and RF Hub reset is only needed on FCA RF Hubs through 2018.
It is not required on these newer RF Hubs (except for fob programming).

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
PIN and RF Hub reset is only needed on FCA RF Hubs through 2018.
It is not required on these newer RF Hubs (except for fob programming).
Just for the heck of it, I tried to reset the radio hub and Alfa asked for a 5 digit PIN.

I find it crazy that I can't find a single post on the net anywhere that a JL/JT owner has changed the TPMS setting with Alfa? I've done it on a 2018 RAM with the PIN though........ I also tried the "pin read" function and no dice!

Maybe I should just ask Tazer to lower the number in their firmware?

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I used the "Max Load Inflation" Front and Rear. Which settings are you changing?

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I used the "Max Load Inflation" Front and Rear. Which settings are you changing?
I first tried "Max load inflation pressure" and "Update pressure thresholds" as those were the ones listed set at 25psi in the "Vehicle configuration file". I then also did the "Light Load inflation pressure" to make sure. All netted the same results. The dash said "Inflate low tire to 20psi", but when I did so, the errors did not go out.

I then reset the light load back to 0 and the other two back to 25 psi and lights were out.

I also performed reboots without any change. I sent a message to Tazer asking if they could reduce the thresholds in a future firmware update.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I first tried "Max load inflation pressure" and "Update pressure thresholds" as those were the ones listed set at 25psi in the "Vehicle configuration file". I then also did the "Light Load inflation pressure" to make sure. All netted the same results. The dash said "Inflate low tire to 20psi", but when I did so, the errors did not go out.

I then reset the light load back to 0 and the other two back to 25 psi and lights were out.

I also performed reboots without any change. I sent a message to Tazer asking if they could reduce the thresholds in a future firmware update.
Hmmm... I only changed Max load inflation and left the others at the defaults. I'll have to go deflate and see if the lights come on, but the last time I was on the trail I don't remember them being active.
Sponsored