All new NAPIER tents

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
put it on top of the Mopar roll out drawer bed system platform. add some side panel pieces to slide in to raise bed edge while tent is deployed.
how do you add side panel pieces?

Gonzalezlizarraga

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Check out the new Sport Truck Tent from Napier Tents. Fits perfectly and not too bad on putting up.

Which size did you end up buying? Thinking about buying one myself but can't tell which size would be the best fit.

Sponsored

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Hmm a 4'x5' tent would probably be ok if you're 13 y/o, a midget or paraplegic, other than that I can't see much virtue there
IT wouldn be longer than 5' with the tailgate down. Not sure how much longer. I'm 6' so probably not long enough for me.

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Hmm a 4'x5' tent would probably be ok if you're 13 y/o, a midget or paraplegic, other than that I can't see much virtue there
LOL Don't mince any words, tell it like it is @bgenlvtex :CWL:

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
flatbed custom system time probably
Yeah I would like to see a practical, cool looking as well as something that can be removed easily that uses some form of an elevated system from the flat bed and uses the roof for additional space... I am basically looking for the Wayout concept LOL

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
or if you're sharp enough to understand the corner to corner measurement is 81.39 inches inside the bed............... 6 ft 9 inches plus.......inside usable space 55 inches by 60 inches roughly

:facepalm:
LOL, I don't have a point on my head and fortunately still have both legs, and am 6'6.

I could probably sleep diagonally in the bed, but I can't imagine why I would spend money to do that when there are numerous properly configured roof top/ground tents on the market that would allow me to sleep in comfort and not require the entirety of my storage area to do it.

I'm no where near so delicate that I have to be up off the ground.

Honestly, that looks like about as poor of an option as I could configure for my needs, if it suits yours, more power to you.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
It doesn’t work for everyone but I’ve always camped like this. if you’re carrying bikes with the hitch anyway you only need to find one other tree or just carry some big pipe (that’s what she said)

Who doesn’t love sleeping in a hammock?

7C6E3EAA-BE98-413F-9EFA-D665B6B0E2D3.jpeg

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
US Army Cot, Folding, Canvas. Such cots are still in use in the 21st century. Intended for one person, the cot dimensions were 78 inches long by 30 inches wide, by 17 inches high
Are you thinking that something 78x30 will fit in the 81" diagonal of the bed?

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
above bed drawer system, below rack, not sure i want to ground camp at Glacier National park in the winter, and saving the money from a RTT maybe I can talk myself into a Rubicon.
See you're focused on the drawer system, which I don't have and looks to be about the most inefficient use of the bed imaginable. A box in a box is not very space efficient, I would speculate that you lose 30% of the bed capacity at a minimum.

If it's about money save the $1200 for the drawers, whatever this tent costs and buy a proper rig.

But even with the drawers you're going to need to unload everything in the bed that doesn't fit in the drawers which is going to be a lot of shit.

Sleeping on the ground isn't going to be any colder than sleeping in the bed of the truck assuming the same pad is used. Or for that matter the cot you were promoting as an option.

Like I said, if it suits your needs have at it, I can tell you for certain it doesn't suit mine

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
true, building off the storage system need and trying to avoid rtt cost and weight and aerodynamic lack, looked at flatbeds and diamondback racks too, and checked out some canopy setups.

luckily mine will be cash paid off so no financing cost and a bit of budget to outfit it without getting ridiculous
need to be able to go through trip to glacier then settle in to sw u.s travel and rock hounding.

Once the glacier trip is over, a warmer climate to explore for me.
I have many of the same concerns and a similar purpose. Mine will be used as a long distance commuter (TX to AK) and tourer.
I started out thinking ultralight trailer (walk in), gravitated to rooftop tent mounted low on a rack over the bed, to offroad trailers with a rooftop tent system (none of which are off the table yet) but am now focused on the Opus Air Offroad (link to promo videos)
https://www.opuscamper.us/videos/
With the thought that we can stay mobile for 3-5 days then catch a lodge or hotel for a proper bed/shower/restaurant etc.

Still lots of considerations to be made, always looking, share anything you think is interesting.

One of the reasons I like Alaska so well is the geology (not a geologist) it fascinates me. I collected rocks and minerals when I was a kid, although today I don't. I do however have a brother who worked in a now (superfund cleanup) cobalt mine in Idaho, and I do collect site specific specimens and memorabilia from there for him. Most I never even hold, I just have them drop shipped to him in California.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
imagine i'll take the bed off as i look into this more and more, look for a flatbed set up
Somebody will make a nice shell for it, and it will be much less than starting over with a flat bed. Your small enough(not a dig) that you probably can use the back for sleeping. Have a canvas shop build a tent annex that would attach to the shell, maybe add one of the 180* awnings and your in there.

I bet you'll see an adequate shell from Leer of ARE in less than a year
Sponsored