Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
3,000 off a 45,0000 sport is +/- normal from what I have seen. On Labor Day we got 7,000 off a 49,800 Overland. Basically same price as the Sport in the end.

Thank you sir!

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
The window sticker on that links says the msrp is $43,600 so why is the sales price $45,179? The total on the window sticker already includes destination so I’m not sure what I’m missing.

Be careful they’re not adding another destination charge, which some will try to sneak in there. They often make it the same as the chrysler $1495, so you think it’s that one when it’s really there twice.

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Its higher than the sticker because I added the mopar lift and the spray in bedliner from the dealership.

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Well if you are getting a $1200 lift installed and a spray in bed liner for another $300-400 then provided the rebate is inline and the trade value is inline with what your trade is actually worth then you really aren’t doing bad. I feel your trade value is low. Price out what equivalent trucks to yours are selling for and then see what kind of deal you feel you are getting. One good way of checking your trade is the Carmax offer or the kbb offer. Most dealerships love to play the low all trade in game and typically can come up significantly. Just be sure you are honest in your evaluation. If your truck is dent free with a clean interior and shiny paint the. It is highly desirable but if it needs tires then take that into account as they would need to add those. Also make sure you factor in any aftermarket adds you have like tonneau, oversized wheels and tires, lift kit etc. Some dealers are known for leaving those items out of their evaluation while others really are straight shooters and give fair valuations. Anyway, my experience shows that even at the most hone table dealerships there is room to get more for your trade in value just don’t expect them to do much more than mid to upper mid trade value.

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Well if you are getting a $1200 lift installed and a spray in bed liner for another $300-400 then provided the rebate is inline and the trade value is inline with what your trade is actually worth then you really aren’t doing bad. I feel your trade value is low. Price out what equivalent trucks to yours are selling for and then see what kind of deal you feel you are getting. One good way of checking your trade is the Carmax offer or the kbb offer. Most dealerships love to play the low all trade in game and typically can come up significantly. Just be sure you are honest in your evaluation. If your truck is dent free with a clean interior and shiny paint the. It is highly desirable but if it needs tires then take that into account as they would need to add those. Also make sure you factor in any aftermarket adds you have like tonneau, oversized wheels and tires, lift kit etc. Some dealers are known for leaving those items out of their evaluation while others really are straight shooters and give fair valuations. Anyway, my experience shows that even at the most hone table dealerships there is room to get more for your trade in value just don’t expect them to do much more than mid to upper mid trade value.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, I'm actually quite happy with the trade in value they have given me. Although it has low miles, I have beaten my truck pretty well from different trips, offroading, and towing. I think the trade-in is good. I was just trying to make sure they weren't way high on the price for the jeep.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
In Pa. the sales tax is paid on the difference of the trade in against purchase price of the new truck, in your case are you paying taxes on $30679 or $45179. Actually sort of makes sense as you already paid sales tax on the truck you are trading in when you bought it, Pa. sales tax is 6% so it adds up a lot, .....your numbers do seem odd, like they added extra wax treatments or something. I got about $3500 off a $55,500 2021 Mojave, but there are no deals on the new kid in town yet.......Jack

reason for edit, I was typing during above post, I missed the lift kit and bedliner!

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I've been working on a deal for awhile and this is what I've got. I'm about to sign and pay cash, but just wanted to check. In addition to what is on the sticker, I've added a spray in bed liner and the mopar lift.

https://www.frontierchryslerdodgejeep.com/api/legacy/pse/windowsticker/jeep?vin=1C6JJTAGXLL211649

Jeep Gladiator Am I getting fleeced? iMarkup_20200811_105636
Am assuming the $45,179 is with the spray liner and lift ? I just bought the exact vehicle minus liner (Local shop offered better aftermarket liner for cheaper than Mopar) and lift with extended warranty for Little bit over $37K

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Am assuming the $45,179 is with the spray liner and lift ? I just bought the exact vehicle minus liner (Local shop offered better aftermarket liner for cheaper than Mopar) and lift with extended warranty for Little bit over $37K
dang that's a heck of a deal! How'd you manage to get them that low? I think my biggest issue is that they transferred this from another stealership.

Sponsored

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Then the biggest question is..... Are you content with the deal? It is not the best but it isn’t the worst either. If you feel the trade is right maybe squeeze them for another 500-1000 but other than that your really not that far off base. Although if you run the squeeze play you have to be ready to walk away and not get your truck.

OP
OP
sirsamuel764

sirsamuel764

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Then the biggest question is..... Are you content with the deal? It is not the best but it isn’t the worst either. If you feel the trade is right maybe squeeze them for another 500-1000 but other than that your really not that far off base. Although if you run the squeeze play you have to be ready to walk away and not get your truck.
Thanks mate. I think that is a really good way of looking at it. At the end of the day, this is the exact color and exact options that I want, and I am ready to get into a gladiator after not being able to find one all summer. I think I'll probably end up going with the deal they've given me, but I will try to get a bit more knocked off.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
dang that's a heck of a deal! How'd you manage to get them that low? I think my biggest issue is that they transferred this from another stealership.
No transfer on mine. Mine didn't come with the Headliner or slush mats. I got those aftermarket for much cheaper. They were looking to sell I suppose. I had a $2000 trade in carry over, Tread Lightly, employee pricing and some other bonus money. After some negotiations on extended warranty (I probably got fleeced at 6 years/125K Miles for $2500 but was tired messing with the whole thing) I was out the door at $37,902.00. They couldn't find the truck I wanted anywhere around and then some other dealerships started chiming in that they would be willing to deal and beat their price so I showed them the text, etc. They also after sealing the deal agreed to add in and install the Aux Switches no cost. Then when I went to get the switches installed they took off my stock tires and installed Rubi take offs I had bought no cost while it was in the shop. It was kind of funny cause I never approached the other dealerships. They started checking at sister dealerships and Next thing you know I have those dealerships texting me to come in and they could do better. This was all coming in while I was in the original dealership. It puzzled the hell out of me how they got my contact. I am still puzzled about it to this day but never really questioned it and just kind of used it to help me out in negotiations. Since so many dealerships gave me the royal pain in the ass run around I figured it was ok

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
What's interesting is that it appears Employee Pricing is gone (no mention on jeep.com), and it appears there's a cash allowance "up to $2000", so a $3000 rebate seems better than what is currently posted online.

That being said, if the $3000 rebate is from the factory (I would confirm this with the dealer), and the dealer is getting more business from your Mopar lift and spray bed-liner, then what concessions is the dealer giving you? What are they doing to earn your business?

Shootist

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
What's interesting is that it appears Employee Pricing is gone (no mention on jeep.com), and it appears there's a cash allowance "up to $2000", so a $3000 rebate seems better than what is currently posted online.

That being said, if the $3000 rebate is from the factory (I would confirm this with the dealer), and the dealer is getting more business from your Mopar lift and spray bed-liner, then what concessions is the dealer giving you? What are they doing to earn your business?
If I read his posts correctly. They are doing his lift and a bed liner for about the cost of parts. 45179 - 1200 = 43979 - 400 = 43579. The sticker was 43600. So, free labor on a lift kit install is a pretty good business earning point since most shops would charge around 2000 for the lift installed. The bed liner pricing is about on par for a spray in with these numbers so no deal there really other than convenience.
Sponsored

Last edited: