Sponsored

Android Auto, not hearing google maps voice?

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport-S Max Tow, Punkin Metallic
So, last weekend I was trying to use the in-built NAV system to plot a course, but it added all sorts of small roads, etc. and about 1 HOUR additional to the route.

I then hooked up my phone (bluetooth AND hard-wired into the dash), and used Android Auto -- so, google maps.
The weird thing was that when the google maps VOICE was trying to indicate the next instruction, the music went to the right side speakers only (muted the left side as normal), but NO VOICE instruction came out of the left side speakers?
I did have the volume and media on the phone all the way up, and no do not disturb stuff on, so not sure why the voice would NOT play through the Jeep speakers? I did try playing a diff app, got full audio, and played a music app, and got full audio.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
I think it's something with the Bluetooth connection, mine did that as well and I resyncd the Bluetooth and restarted the jeep and phone and it started working fine ever since. I think it just uses the usb cable for data transfer for the visual elements of Android Auto during Nav

Reactions: jlg
OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks -- I'll give that a try! Haven;'t been driving much lately! Hopefully this weekend!

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Thanks -- I'll give that a try! Haven;'t been driving much lately! Hopefully this weekend!
Did that solve your problem? I have the same issue and it also happens with the Google Assistant and when trying to play SMS messages. SUper annoying. I had this issue for a while on another vehicle and a software update fixed it.

OP
OP

jlg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I didn't get to test it by re-doing the bluetooth sync.
When in Android Auto, I played something (another app) that required audio. When THAT played, all of a sudden the google maps audio became audible.
Weird, but it worked....

Sponsored

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
So I didn't get to test it by re-doing the bluetooth sync.
When in Android Auto, I played something (another app) that required audio. When THAT played, all of a sudden the google maps audio became audible.
Weird, but it worked....
I found out yesterday that there is a separate volume adjustment for Android auto voice. Turn up volume when the assistant is speaking and it shows up with a red triangle and the volume control. I'm sure I'd have known if I had RTFM.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
Did you recently get the Connect update? Also worth noting it not fixed yet, try the resync method. I’m a CarPlay guy, but just received the OTA Connect update a few days ago. First time I tried Maps after the update, Siri voice wouldn’t come through. Music/podcasts dimmed/paused as expected, but no voice. Resyncing the BT phone seems to have solved it.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
Did you recently get the Connect update? Also worth noting it not fixed yet, try the resync method. I’m a CarPlay guy, but just received the OTA Connect update a few days ago. First time I tried Maps after the update, Siri voice wouldn’t come through. Music/podcasts dimmed/paused as expected, but no voice. Resyncing the BT phone seems to have solved it.
I have not gotten an update, but maybe it was updated before I got the truck. I've only had it three weeks.

OneTraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Cherokee Trailhawk; 20 Gladiator Rubicon
I have not gotten an update, but maybe it was updated before I got the truck. I've only had it three weeks.
So in your case it has never worked? Id' still try the BT re-link to "start fresh"....seems an odd troubleshooting tip, because in both AndroidAUTO and CarPlay (at least in our rigs) the info is going over the USB connection and not BT...but like I said worked for me.

Good luck! Sometimes these gremlins can be annoying to track down.

bheath-atx

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Electronic Manufacturing
So in your case it has never worked? Id' still try the BT re-link to "start fresh"....seems an odd troubleshooting tip, because in both AndroidAUTO and CarPlay (at least in our rigs) the info is going over the USB connection and not BT...but like I said worked for me.

Good luck! Sometimes these gremlins can be annoying to track down.
I fixed it. There is separate volume control for Android Auto. It was at 0. It's only visible when the voice is talking, then you can raise it.
Sponsored