First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employeed
Man, almost made it to Mexico and back without a windshield chip... Curious what my deductible is?
Sponsored

Last edited:

AZCooWhip

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Check into full replacement. I’m on my second. Wife’s JL with 3000 miles was just christened for her 3rd on Thursday.

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Sounds like it is time to review your policy and/or talk to your agent. Might be worth adding zero deductible full glass protection to your auto policy. I looked into it years ago and it added a ton to my premium so I didn't get it (it was essentially a better deal to just pay cash for the occasional replacement windshield). However, when I bought the JT I knew windshields were in my future and asked them to quote it out again (as a part of adding the JT and removing the old vehicle) and was surprised that it only added maybe $20/year or something very low to the cost of the plan. Totally worth it. Note - I have all sorts of dicounts that have kicked in on my plan that may have made the cost that low.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
On my policy, it's a zero deductible. I'm not sure how many times they'll replace one in a single year though.

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had talked with my insurance and had said that I wanted to have it.. and thought it was there until the 28th of May 😣 to find out it was dropped off to I have to cover the first $500 of it. "Them slippery insurance policy changes from glass replacement to towing" 😲😣 So as of now I should be getting after market replacement windshield on 16th at dealership when they replace the tierod. I've still got to check with the ALDOT on it too. Due to the company doing road construction/ repairs on 565 and not cleaning up road from "their work" so many people had their windshields damaged that day it was in the news.

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employeed
Since this is/was our first Jeep, I didn't know about the windshield quality issue. Lucky for us, we found out we have a 0.00 repair cost. If it needs to be replaced it's only a 100.00 deductible.

OP
OP
Rubiwoo

Rubiwoo

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employeed
I had talked with my insurance and had said that I wanted to have it.. and thought it was there until the 28th of May 😣 to find out it was dropped off to I have to cover the first $500 of it. "Them slippery insurance policy changes from glass replacement to towing" 😲😣 So as of now I should be getting after market replacement windshield on 16th at dealership when they replace the tierod. I've still got to check with the ALDOT on it too. Due to the company doing road construction/ repairs on 565 and not cleaning up road from "their work" so many people had their windshields damaged that day it was in the news.
You could file a claim with the city for that damage.

bolingde

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladitor
Mine broke the first month in a car wash. It was $500 to replace mine. Since then I've changed insurance plans.

Two things came up good to know in the process.

1) At the time of mine being replaced After Market windshields wasn't available only factory. Not sure what the status now but I would have gotten the Jeep brand anyway.

2) If you have ACC, etc you have to take it in so they can calibrate it.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Dkronke

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have ACC on mine, and just replaced the windshield with the 3rd party glass since it was half the cost of the OEM version. I never use ACC or forward collision detection, so I just covered the camera with the little plastic cover and put the windshield over that. No need for camera calibration, and I can use the cheaper windshield replacement when it breaks the next time. This way, I figure I'll save a few grand over the life of the vehicle with how many potential windshield replacements I'll have to do.

tabrods

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Retired
Got my first crack in the windshield at 98 miles. Montana, what are you going to do? The windshield w/o a crack is newsworthy out here.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I just changed to a different company so I could get zero deductible glass coverage.

And I ended up saving a hundred bucks a month between the house and auto anyway