Sponsored

Any one else feel break pulse through their aftermarket dead pedal.

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
I feel a pulse or something like it in my dead pedal when I release the break. It is attached right next to the break pedal. It uses an existing bolt that has a 13mm nut. No rubbing, nothing touches it, the bolt is tight too. Must be what ever the bolt is connected to on the engine side of the firewall. The mounting bracket for something brake related. To cold out, so I have not looked yet. It isn't that it is particularly annoying, just it was not expected and surprised me.

I wrote about this earlier and named the brand, the topic was moved to the Market Place part of the forums.
Sponsored

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
Yeah!!! I just installed mine two days ago, and I thought it was weird. Must be connected somehow.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
The booster and abs are just on the other side of the fire wall.

Sponsored

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
Yup! I also feel when the brake pedal like "bounces" back when you take your foot off of it!

flyil

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator HA Snazzberry
Yup! I also feel when the brake pedal like "bounces" back when you take your foot off of it!
The design of the one I have seems made to have a little give/spring to it. Maybe that's just how I installed it with zero instructions (thanks "Hooke Road"). I kind of like it. Not experiencing anything else like braking or audio going through it.

johnh442

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, RAM 1500, Chevy SS
Occupation
Computer / Car Geek
Yep feel it too. At first it was a bit distracting, but used to it now. I think its "feeling" part of the pedal return. I've wondered if putting a rubber washer under it (between nut and pedal attachment) would help, but at this point I hardly notice it anymore.

DrPlastic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 H-D Breakout, '21 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Electrician/Mechanic
The design of the one I have seems made to have a little give/spring to it. Maybe that's just how I installed it with zero instructions (thanks "Hooke Road"). I kind of like it. Not experiencing anything else like braking or audio going through it.

I think I have the Rugged Ridge one. I bent it the first time I used it. I bent it back and installed an extruded aluminum back bone and and added a pad from Quadratec.

Jeep Gladiator Any one else feel  break pulse through their aftermarket dead pedal. 269759335_10227825051160538_7276566097408960659_n