Any updates on replacement FP?

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
There's nothing wrong with what I wrote. I never said Stellantis is not liable. They can't provide information they don't have, or a solution that is not yet available. I'm quite certain the lawyers are keeping them on a short leash to limit further induced liability.

There are a lot of unknowns in this. If the solution they finally provide is not satisfactory, then it will be time to consider legal action.
There’s actually 7 current class action lawsuits pending, 3 against FCA with trial dates starting this February. The others are against Ford and GM. All concern the CP4 and hinge on, amongst other things, that the design problems of the CP4 were already well documented when vehicles were spec’d with them.

Personally I agree with you that jumping on the lawsuit train wrt Stellantis’s poor comms is at best premature but more likely invalid and won’t go anywhere. And all we really can do is wait. This CP4 lawsuit angle is news to me though. That actually might have legs since it’s not really about how recalls were handled but accuses these companies of knowingly installing a faulty part. This kind of case is actually fairly cut and dry and it hinges on some basic fundamentals of tort law; reason to know and a duty to warn. Or in this case a duty not to use faulty parts. Discovery will likely make or break the reason to know half of this.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There’s actually 7 current class action lawsuits pending, 3 against FCA with trial dates starting this February. The others are against Ford and GM. All concern the CP4 and hinge on, amongst other things, that the design problems of the CP4 were already well documented when vehicles were spec’d with them.

Personally I agree with you that jumping on the lawsuit train wrt Stellantis’s poor comms is at best premature but more likely invalid and won’t go anywhere. And all we really can do is wait. This CP4 lawsuit angle is news to me though. That actually might have legs since it’s not really about how recalls were handled but accuses these companies of knowingly installing a faulty part. This kind of case is actually fairly cut and dry and it hinges on some basic fundamentals of tort law; reason to know and a duty to warn. Or in this case a duty not to use faulty parts. Discovery will likely make or break the reason to know half of this.
It will be interesting to see if the vehicle manufacturers are found to be complicit for using known faulty parts, or if they can dump it off on Bosch for hiding the problem.

They will still have to pay for a resolution, but it may limit other liabilities.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
It will be interesting to see if the vehicle manufacturers are found to be complicit for using known faulty parts, or if they can dump it off on Bosch for hiding the problem.

They will still have to pay for a resolution, but it may limit other liabilities.
This also may explain the delays. Rolling back to the CP3 may be evidence of prior knowledge. Basically any fix that isn’t novel.

PackMule

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SingGray JTRD, 2012 Dozer JK, 2014 GC
Occupation
InfoTech Retired
Our target date is 9/26/23 for the JL and JT. More information will be provided once we get more insight. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

William
Jeep Cares
@JeepCares , Any updated target date? Just called my dealer this morning and the new parts are still not available to them.

22EcoDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22jtsD , 06XK, 21KL - Retired(97ZJ,15JKU, 00WJ,)
Our target date is 9/26/23 for the JL and JT. More information will be provided once we get more insight. Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

William
Jeep Cares
Hi jeep cares. Can you provide details on the model of pump being installed? Is it a cp4.2 modified (if so how?) or a cp3? Thank you.

Sponsored

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
How do we find out what the differences are between this part number and the previous one?
We can’t unless Stellantis releases that information or someone gets ahold of the new pump to disassemble. Considering that dealerships are limited to ordering one a week, it will probably be some time before the latter happens. This is my current beef with the rollout. I’m glad it’s finally happening but Stellantis previously had used language indicating that a new pump would be “hardened” in some way. The Stellantis procedure released by NHTSA doesn’t describe what’s different about this pump. Undoubtedly it is different otherwise it wouldn’t carry a different part number nor would it satisfy the requirement of the recall because it wouldn’t reduce the probability of failure. I don’t see any reason why they can’t simply put out a statement giving a brief high level description of the change. It’s not proprietary information since anyone can easily take out the new pump and reverse engineer it. It speaks to the comms problems that have made this whole situation needlessly aggravating to customers with no clear upside for Stellantis.

All that being said, it’s early. The new pump has just been released so hopefully some information will come out soon. If you’ve seen the NHTSA pdf., then you’ve seen what the dealerships have. Maybe there will still be some inside information that trickles out from dealerships but I wouldn’t hold my breath. They’ve been as much in the dark as customers on this whole mess which isn’t unusual for the industry.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Hi jeep cares. Can you provide details on the model of pump being installed? Is it a cp4.2 modified (if so how?) or a cp3? Thank you.
JeepCares does not generally get in the weeds of questions like that.
Sponsored