First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
BTW - just saw that Morrflate just dropped a new version of this compressor where you can set the PSI right on the compressor itself, hook up your 4 tire hose kit, turn it on and forget about it. It will fill all tires to the exact specified PSI. Pretty cool.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
“This compressor is not designed for 1 tire at a time. You can still air up a single flat if you need to, but the duty cycle dwindles to 2min doing 1 tire at a time. Airing up an entire vehicle, 1 tire at a time, will damage the TenSix. It just simply puts out too much air and is optimized for 4 tires at a time.”

Odd limitation that definitely won’t cause confusion and premature failures.
Yeah, that was something I noticed right away. Sounds like it's missing a key pressure release or control that should be there to protect itself. That would make me wary.

You could easily use it for a bit, think you're done, but then realize you forgot something and fire it back up and kill it.

What's worse is if that happens, you "didn't use it as intended". I can only imagine what that's going to lead to!
Meanwhile they quote 50% duty cycle as 20minutes on, 10 minutes off. Maybe I just don't understand industry conventions, but that sounds like a 67% duty cycle to me.
No, you've got it right. 50% duty cycle is equal parts time on and off. 20 on 10 off is not 50%. Maybe they still don't know what the real spec is?

I think this might fall into the "you get what you pay for" category. It might be great when it works, but I don't know that I could trust it long-term with these statements they've made about it. I think they focused on just maxing the CFM and everything else fell by the wayside.

OP
OP

AustinKalb

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 AEV Gladiator Rubicon
BTW - just saw that Morrflate just dropped a new version of this compressor where you can set the PSI right on the compressor itself, hook up your 4 tire hose kit, turn it on and forget about it. It will fill all tires to the exact specified PSI. Pretty cool.
Which is why I brought it up in the first place. I have it pre-ordered for delivery in June.

Seems like a great alternative to the ARB dual compressor with an ARB pressure controller. Way way cheaper too, especially for me as I’m not too good at doing installations.

Last edited:

Phil7796

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
It
Thanks for the breakdown.
Sponsored