Sponsored

Anyone install the ICON Vehicle Dynamics Stage 8 suspension?

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
USAF Security Forces
Expedition Overland is running Icon on their crazy build so these should be out soon. I am between them, EVO and Metal Cloak. I feel like the MC is way better especially for the money. Probably swap the shocks out unless you go for their 6pack option but even with that cost factored in its a pretty big gap.

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
I don't have a dog in this fight.

I looked at it and at best that is STUPID money.

First of all, you get reservoir shocks. Just not a need item and bring nothing to the table unless you are doing the Baja 1000. You need those like you need an accordion to go deer hunting with.

and then this: Holistic Engineering: Are they next gonna tell me it's also organic and healthy? You might want to take their price $5,194 and look at the average price per piece (about $470)...unless they heavy discount there is no need to drop that kind of coin.

Don't get wrong, NOT saying their stuff is not good, in fact, I am quite impressed with some of their approaches and applications. However, you are paying a big price to play.

As for Metalcloak, I saw them at the Offroad shows back when I had a shop. I am VERY impressed with their approach, quality, and their Holistic Engineering! I like their SPRINGS!!!

If you are doing a 2-inch lift in most cases I would recommend the Jeep kit for the price and warranty.

All that said, your Jeep, your money, your pride of ride do what works for you.

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
My daily commute takes me in front of their facility each day. I will let everyone here know when they start dissecting a JT.

Sponsored

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor

KurtP

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S/C Mojave
Occupation
Only Fans Content Creator
Icon makes pretty good stuff. There was some youtube video by “trailrecon” that did a JL flex comprison. The stage 1 icon lift almost matched the flex of the fully loaded rock krawler kit. I’d guess the higher level kits do really well.

9B517A43-BFD6-413C-84C4-630E09927F11.png

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Any updates??? Super curious to hear your thoughts/review!!!
Yes:
The stage 8 kit is installed. Rides and drives like factory. However with the adjustable shocks not as bouncy. Handles great on the most messed up roads I could find in the city. Have not gone off-road yet. Lots going on at home. (Re-model) will give up date on off-road handling when I can.

RangerG

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Any updates??? Super curious to hear your thoughts/review!!!
Took it up Gold mountain trail at Big Bear. Also did some nasty trails locally. Great system. I think it would be perfect at a “3.5” of lift instead of 2.5. However great kits high quality. Keep all 4 tires on the ground.

B447A7B8-3E0D-4C1B-8099-ABA6A6BB63C4.jpeg
Sponsored