Sponsored

Anyone know if the Alpine SBV-10-WRA sub will fit under the passenger seat of a '21 Gladiator Overland?

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
No. It’s for a JK. If it was for a JL, it’d fit.

JeepRealtor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thekashatteam.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (Bright White), 2019 Ford Expedition Limited Stealth Package (Magnetic)
Occupation
Realtor
Know of a good sub that fits under the seat of a gladiator?
I know JL audio makes a stealthbox with 2x 10” subwoofers that goes under the rear bench. I know because I have it, lol. Not installing until spring/summer though. Not sure who makes something for under the front seats of the JL/JT. It is pretty shallow under there.

OP
OP
jcgoat

jcgoat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
IT
Damn. I just don’t want to take up that entire space under the rear seats!

Sponsored

Thomasjbrothersjr

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator sport
Occupation
Firefighter
OP
OP
jcgoat

jcgoat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
Which system did you add this to? I have the 7” and wonder if it will work?
I've already got the upgraded alpine system with the 8" sub behind the seat. wonder if this will add anything.

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT
https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/jeep-wrangler-jl-restyle-sound-system-pss-23wra

this one fits i’ve got it; you can def get for less than $1299, i got an amazon for $899 a few weeks ago
I also have this one. The harnesses are REALLY well made, install went pretty smooth. The underseat bracket was a bit goofy, I had to bend it a bit to get it to align with the seat holes, but nothing crazy.

Its frustrating, because they include new tweeters with the kit, but at the recommended settings from the owners manual, you have to stop at like 33 out of 38 for volume on most songs to avoid your speakers doing the snap crackle pop (including the tweeters they provided, which clearly are not strong enough to handle the output from the included amp).

That said, I have the 7" U-Connect and I do not have upgraded speakers / alpine sub from the factory. Either way I am pretty happy with it. Clean install, I dont have wires everywhere, I didnt have to splice into factory harnesses, etc. Much better than not having a sub. I think the price is steep, I mean I installed a powered sub into my dakota with a capacitor for a total of $350.. If you can get it on sale, go for it, but theres no way I would recommend it at $1299, thats insane.

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
I know JL audio makes a stealthbox with 2x 10” subwoofers that goes under the rear bench. I know because I have it, lol. Not installing until spring/summer though. Not sure who makes something for under the front seats of the JL/JT. It is pretty shallow under there.
I have the stealthbox and love it (actually I have a whole custom system) .. it’s not obnoxious bass like a 16 year old Honda driver. It has a nice little punch and really wakes up the lows. Much better than the “upgraded” factory alpine system (I could barely make out any bass with that sub)

Sponsored

OP
OP
jcgoat

jcgoat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
I have the stealthbox and love it (actually I have a whole custom system) .. it’s not obnoxious bass like a 16 year old Honda driver. It has a nice little punch and really wakes up the lows. Much better than the “upgraded” factory alpine system (I could barely make out any bass with that sub)

OP
OP
jcgoat

jcgoat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
What subs/amp do you run to it? How was the install?

Armyman247

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
What subs/amp do you run to it? How was the install?
It’s a kenwood amp driving the stealthbox and a kenwood with maestro driving the rest of the system 6.5” components all around. It was a complete factory integration for the 5v output.
I had it professionally installed (I’m too lazy to rip apart the Jeep) but they said its pretty easy. Thing is loud and clean

OP
OP
jcgoat

jcgoat

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT
It’s a kenwood amp driving the stealthbox and a kenwood with maestro driving the rest of the system 6.5” components all around. It was a complete factory integration for the 5v output.
I had it professionally installed (I’m too lazy to rip apart the Jeep) but they said its pretty easy. Thing is loud and clean
Man those install places are expensive.