Sponsored

UPDATE: Alpine under driver seat subwoofer.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
My friend put this Alpine system in his non-alpine oem gladiator. I have to say my oem alpine system with oem sub has more bass than his.
My last gladiator was non-alpine system that I added a Fix sub box to and it was way better than my oem alpine system.
Just food for thought, the front underseat Alpine sub doesn't add much bass at all. He now wants to add an additional sub behind his rear seat
Sponsored

OP
OP
XraytecH

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
My friend put this Alpine system in his non-alpine oem gladiator. I have to say my oem alpine system with oem sub has more bass than his.
My last gladiator was non-alpine system that I added a Fix sub box to and it was way better than my oem alpine system.
Just food for thought, the front underseat Alpine sub doesn't add much bass at all. He now wants to add an additional sub behind his rear seat
Like I said previously I'm not looking to blow out the windows just want to fill out the low end.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I was just giving a point of reference between the Factory Alpine with sub and the aftermarket alpine sub.
My friend assumed because it was an aftermarket sub it would give him more base than an OEM one, he was disappointed...
But there are plenty of gladiators out their eith factory sub, so it is usually easy to find someone to listen to theirs so you have a good frame of reference for what you are buying ... That is all.

OP
OP
XraytecH

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
I have a pile of equipment to go in mine when it warms up. I am going to be glassing a box for the back, but have been giving these a thought as well. Please let us know how they work out for you!
No go with the install. Fitment issues with the under seat mounting bracket.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
No go with the install. Fitment issues with the under seat mounting bracket.
My friend had some issues installing his, the bracket is a little flimsy, he just had to bed it some for the holes to line up with the seat bolts..

Sponsored

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Like I said previously I'm not looking to blow out the windows just want to fill out the low end.
I have a fox acoustic ported box with a ssa gcon 10” and a fosgate 750w rms amp. It was a solid setup. Install was easy pull a 4 gauge from battery to box and mount the amp to the side of the box. Then use high level from the passenger b pillar using some positions.

I upgraded to the dual 10” fox acoustics box on a 3kw amp. It’s about the same loudness but the sub 30hz is way way way better on the dual 10” the single 10” has as much bass at 37hz. Great setup. Lmk if you’re looking for some bass I still have the 10” box and amp in the garage.

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have a fox acoustic ported box with a ssa gcon 10” and a fosgate 750w rms amp.

I upgraded to the dual 10” fox acoustics box on a 3kw amp. It’s about the same loudness but the sub 30hz is way way way better on the dual 10” the single 10” has as much bass at 37hz.
I had the Fix duel 10 in my last gladiator, I live the amount of bass it put out, but I didn't like the seat being raised. I had two punch 10s with a Rockford 1000 watt amp.
You think the single Fox 10 box gives off almost the same amount of bass? That would be great!

OP
OP
XraytecH

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Just for Shits & Giggles I went ahead and wired up the sub and just let it lay underneath the driver seat.

Sounds Good, not going to win any MECA/IASCA competitions but it does what I expected.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I had the Fix duel 10 in my last gladiator, I live the amount of bass it put out, but I didn't like the seat being raised. I had two punch 10s with a Rockford 1000 watt amp.
You think the single Fox 10 box gives off almost the same amount of bass? That would be great!
Yes it does. Unfortunately to fit the gcon I installed some spacers to space the seat up. So it ends up lifted no matter what. Someone needs to make a dual port 4x 8” forward firing. My back seats for the dogs so it’s fine.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
Thanks for showing the Metra bracket! I was looking at the other one to mount radio control boxes under my seat but didn't want to spend $250 on a bent piece of steel.

Sponsored

OP
OP
XraytecH

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for showing the Metra bracket! I was looking at the other one to mount radio control boxes under my seat but didn't want to spend $250 on a bent piece of steel.
Buyer Beware

Make sure whatever you end up mounting on it will clear the seat rails.