Anyone own a griddle?

FishChowder

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Cmax
I am wondering if anyone has one of those stand-alone griddles, like the Blackstone that seems to be sold at a lot of places. I have been eyes them up for a year but I got a new grill last year so I put it aside. I saw one while I was out today and it got me thinking about it all over again. There are a ton of videos of guys cookong on them on youtube and every one of them makes me hungry.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone own a griddle? Blackstone+Griddle+Cooking+Station+4-Burner+Flat+Top+Propane+Gas+Grill+with+Side+Shelves
Sponsored

Alaska-HWY JK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon LJ 2007 JKU 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
I have a stainless one that covers 2 of the 3 burners on my Camp Chef grill for the trailer.
Nothing like it for making breakfast.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Old thread, but just saw this.

I have a blackstone. LOVE it!!

I also have a Traeger. I’ll often sear a steak on the blackstone then throw it in thetraeger at 425 to finish it.

Breakfast is so fun to cook on it.
Chicken fried rice and steamed vegetables on the blackstone griddle are awesome!

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
I also have a 17” Blackstone and love it!

Sponsored

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I just bought a 36" chargriller from menards. Its one of the few models with a cabinet underneath with doors that cover the propane tank.

The build quality is pretty cheap as Iam guessing most of them are but it comes with a nice hood that swings up like a conventional grill and has decent folding side shelves. The cooking surface is semi rough cast iron and its pretty nice.

You can cook alot of food with a 36" grill top and its really evident when doing fried rice. I've done burgers and dogs but prefer to do my burgers on my kamado style charcoal grill.

I bought an infrared thermometer as well to check surface temp when I cook. This really helps when doing fried rice.

Deleted member 24880

Literally just finished eating eggs and French toast from our BS. We bought it last weekend and love it so far. I have a Big Green Egg that we cook a lot of dinner food like chicken and steak on but got the 28” BS for burgers and breakfast mainly! Definitely worth the $200

93civej1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Sport S (Max Tow)
ive been thinking about one of those blackstones, but im not sure what they do, that I cant do inside or on my grill?
The only reason I want one is to try to make some good hibachi.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I feel like this is a trend that is a bit overhyped or else I am completely missing the point of them (quite possible) so I'm curious to hear how others are using them.
I've been using an electric skillet for several years, mainly for bulk breakfast when I need more space than a skillet on camping trips.
Still prefer my grill or smoker when I'm at home, but if you're someone that does veggies often, prefers smashburgers, or other foods that could fall through the grating then a I could see how Blackstone could be advantageous.

Sponsored

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
I worked in a restaurant for 20 years it reminds me of that and the difference is the food doesn’t taste like propane

Lateralus

Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I feel like this is a trend that is a bit overhyped or else I am completely missing the point of them (quite possible) so I'm curious to hear how others are using them.
I've been using an electric skillet for several years, mainly for bulk breakfast when I need more space than a skillet on camping trips.
Still prefer my grill or smoker when I'm at home, but if you're someone that does veggies often, prefers smashburgers, or other foods that could fall through the grating then a I could see how Blackstone could be advantageous.

Mine is for fried rice, breakfast, burgers and dogs. The charcoal style grill has the advantage for burgers as it adds more flavor but the flattop grill offers ease of cooking in terms of grease fires especially when your cooking for more than 4.

An outdoor flattop grill doesn't stink up the house when making breakfast. Electric indoor skillets and stoves will work but self proclaimed amateur chefs like myself must cook with gas or charcoal😁

hobbsserv

First Name
K Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon white
Occupation
Business Owner
My son has one and cooks breakfast every weekend. Ive been invited once, otherwise I just get the pictures of him bragging on his latest creation. I just ordered a stainless built in Blaze griddle.

For me breakfast is my favorite meal. So a griddle is perfect. It will be installed next to my Green Egg.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
I have the Blue Rhino version and love it. I worked at Mickey Ds and the local bar, and it is all coming back and then some. I can cook for a ton of people and make some serious viddles. Definetly worth the price of admission. My favorite right now is grilled chicken pesto sandwiches on toasted rye bread. I also like to shred my smoked pork butt on the griddle as it gives every shred that great texture.

Last edited: