Sponsored

Anyone recently add the new single drawer decked system?

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
I am interested in this as a storage option but need to research rack systems that will help reclaim bed depth. Interested if anyone has gone the route or is considered the same.

Cheers!
Sponsored

KoBear

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Gobi JTR
I’m considering it as well. I go back and forth.

with the decked system, no cooler under the tonneau. But also wanna add a bed rack, so I gotta get rid of tonneau, but could add different one? So many decisions.

also considering decked and cap.

OP
OP
Sw00per

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
I remember my grandfather had the wood\metal rails on his work truck to extend the depth. That is essentially what I am thinking.

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Here is what I have choose to go with and it works great for me. Decked (2 drawer), fishbone 1/2 rack with a basket. The small drawer holds repair components and tools to change components, recovery stuff and soft stuff. The larger holds all my dry food, utensils, kitchen and cooking stuff and extra water bottles. I have a lifesaver water canister on the side and a shovel on the other side. We store 10 extra gallons of fuel in the basket and various other stuff like hand tools and chainsaw. We carry 2 totes for toiletries privacy tent camping stuff. We have our Iceco in the back seat and another fridge freezer in the overland trailer we haul.
This setup has been amazing for our travels. Love the decked system, probably best mod I have done.

IMG_2187.jpeg

IMG_2184.jpeg

Sponsored

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino

Glad Jeeper

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
As cool as this is, what do you do when you need a truck? Does all that stuff come out easily?
Great question. I am fortunate that I have a company truck that I drive daily and can use it at anytime. As you see I cannot put anything tall in the back. The decked can have alot of weight on it. I have hauled sheets of plywood and lumber without issue.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
Great question. I am fortunate that I have a company truck that I drive daily and can use it at anytime. As you see I cannot put anything tall in the back. The decked can have alot of weight on it. I have hauled sheets of plywood and lumber without issue.
I was thinking something more along the lines of a washer and dryer or the like. A Honda Odyssey minivan can hold several sheets of plywood in the back, probably more than you can imagine! But if you need something tall to go in there, especially without the rack, I guess you’d be kind of out of luck then. I’m only inquiring because I’m a fan of those deck systems, but it’s gotta be able to serve as a truck too for me.

OP
OP
Sw00per

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
I was thinking something more along the lines of a washer and dryer or the like. A Honda Odyssey minivan can hold several sheets of plywood in the back, probably more than you can imagine! But if you need something tall to go in there, especially without the rack, I guess you’d be kind of out of luck then. I’m only inquiring because I’m a fan of those deck systems, but it’s gotta be able to serve as a truck too for me.
A option to put side rails to regain the lost depth would be the solution. That's what I am looking for to make this work.

NHyde

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
IT Manager
I really want a decked system, but it's just too heavy to justify the payload impact. :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sw00per

Sw00per

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mojave
The single drawer system is 200lbs - interesting that they advertise that it does not impact bed yet it does by 200lbs. It's a tradeoff like anything else. Need dependent for sure.

SeaSharp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I have it sitting in my garage waiting for me to find the time to install it. Will be after Jan 17th as that’s when hunting season changes here.

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
I have one of the two drawer systems in my truck and now I can't truck. It works great for hauling my surveying equipment but that's it. It is to hard to remove if I want to use the bed for anything else.

Borismtngoat

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Diesel
Occupation
Self employed
I have one of the two drawer systems in my truck and now I can't truck. It works great for hauling my surveying equipment but that's it. It is to hard to remove if I want to use the bed for anything else.
The single drawer system is 200lbs - interesting that they advertise that it does not impact bed yet it does by 200lbs. It's a tradeoff like anything else. Need dependent for sure.
iI believe if you look at the specs on the actual Jeep configuration for the single drawer, it’s around 177lbs. I know that’s not much but also, compared to other brand trucks, most JTs have a higher payload which is nice.m, even when upfitted with the Rubicon suspension.

I have the diesel Willys and can load 1160lbs including in the cab of course. This was a big concern for me as I looked at a 200lb Decked (original 2dr) and Smartcap. Before loading anything I was down 400lbs.

Borismtngoat

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys Diesel
Occupation
Self employed
A option to put side rails to regain the lost depth would be the solution. That's what I am looking for to make this work.
If you go for the XTR rack with the wider mounts, you’re not limited to the internal bed length and can run the full length of the bed. I checked on this as I was looking into a BAK Revolver tonneau cover and this will mount to the T track along the top of the tonneau on the bed. The rate ratings are the same too. Verified that with Xtrusion.
Sponsored