Sponsored

Anyone remove the carpet?

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
I have black seats but purchased a set of tan covers off a guy that swapped out for leather. I’ll take a picture of the khaki floor with both seat colors on Monday.
@Veloruche - Curious if you have installed or have pictures of the Khaki floors with the Saddle seats? I finally received my black Armorlite floors yesterday, but haven't opened the box. I doubt I'll switch them out, but wanted to see the khaki.
Sponsored

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
@Veloruche - Curious if you have installed or have pictures of the Khaki floors with the Saddle seats? I finally received my black Armorlite floors yesterday, but haven't opened the box. I doubt I'll switch them out, but wanted to see the khaki.
I haven’t had a chance to get the extra covers out of the storage unit, I’ll try this weekend and let you know.

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I know they say that they help with noise reduction. I am curious to see how well they actually do and if it’s a noticeable difference. I was going to sound deaden my floor but this may be a better option.
Can confirm, sound reduction was noticeable to me. It is much thicker than the standard carpet, and it seems to cancel out the road noise. Not like sitting in a $70K+ car or anything but it certainly helps.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can confirm, sound reduction was noticeable to me. It is much thicker than the standard carpet, and it seems to cancel out the road noise. Not like sitting in a $70K+ car or anything but it certainly helps.
That's good to hear.
Unfortunately, I suspect when I'm sitting in my Gladiator I'm sitting in a close to $70k vehicle... ;) I won't start adding up the modifications, but $550 to replace the carpet with vinyl doesn't help.

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
That's good to hear.
Unfortunately, I suspect when I'm sitting in my Gladiator I'm sitting in a close to $70k vehicle... ;) I won't start adding up the modifications, but $550 to replace the carpet with vinyl doesn't help.
Haha well you know what I mean. Is it quiet like a Porsche or a nice Mercedes? No. But is it a Jeep and can tackle anything thrown at it, with now the benefit of being a little quieter? Hell yes!

Sponsored

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Haha well you know what I mean. Is it quiet like a Porsche or a nice Mercedes? No. But is it a Jeep and can tackle anything thrown at it, with now the benefit of being a little quieter? Hell yes!
I do know what you mean, just being a smart aleck! I don't want it to sound, ride, or handle like a $70k 'normal' vehicle!!

Looking forward to getting my Armorlite installed!

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replaced the nasty carpets:
Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove the carpet? 1614623936636

With nice, easy to clean vinyl:

Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove the carpet? 1614624028495

It was a dust bomb pulling the carpet out!

Install was straight forward. Fit and finish were good until I got to the rear that goes around the back seat belts, where I had to trim a bit. The plastic kick panels didn't fare too well during removal, both cracked. After the initial sticker shock, so far I'm pleased with not having carpet!!

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
If you find yourself pulling up one long piece, slice off sections as you go to make pulling easier. When you've torn off all the best vacuum carpet and pad, pull out all the staples with pliers. You can pull staples with pliers, of course, but that can take hours. In addition to transparent carpet installation costs, The Home Depot offers lifetime installation, stain and wear warranties, and you only will pay for the services you need. Furniture moving, removal and disposal are priced separately, so we can customize your installation based on your needs and budget.
Assume this a joke? Did a script bot get a hold of this thread? If so that script bot is (a) late to the party, and (b) its recognition engine must be set to a pretty low threshold...

On the other hand - pretty sophisticated in being able to generate a membership... 😁

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replaced the nasty carpets:

With nice, easy to clean vinyl:

It was a dust bomb pulling the carpet out!

Install was straight forward. Fit and finish were good until I got to the rear that goes around the back seat belts, where I had to trim a bit. The plastic kick panels didn't fare too well during removal, both cracked. After the initial sticker shock, so far I'm pleased with not having carpet!!
just as a follow up for anyone interested, I just spent 10 days with no doors in the desert in extreme dust and couldn’t be happier with this flooring system. After a much easier than carpet cleanup, they look brand new. As stated above, these should be offered as an OEM product. Very good quality.

Sponsored

riplipper

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Help me out here folks.
I have never had a jeep with carpeting and plan on pulling out on the JT, but I am a bit confused about this Armorlite stuff mentioned.

What is the purpose of replacing the carpet with Armorlite if you want to hose out your jeep?? What am I missing here?

I live at the beach so sand is ALWAYS in my jeep and hosing it out is something done a few times a week.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Help me out here folks.
I have never had a jeep with carpeting and plan on pulling out on the JT, but I am a bit confused about this Armorlite stuff mentioned.

What is the purpose of replacing the carpet with Armorlite if you want to hose out your jeep?? What am I missing here?

I live at the beach so sand is ALWAYS in my jeep and hosing it out is something done a few times a week.
I think you are asking why would I buy Armorlite instead of just ripping out my carpets and leaving a bare metal surface? The current generation jeep is not really designed to be without a floor covering (in my opinion) as I learned when I removed my carpets. The flooring is not 'finished' as in a CJ. Additionally, you would be getting a lot of heat (especially in FL!) and noise without a floor covering. With the Armorlite, you get a very durable surface that is easy to clean and has excellent insulation against sound and temperature. It comes with floor drains if you choose to hose out the interior. I prefer to use a shop vacuum and cleaning rag to remove the filth that accumulates in mine, so I have not taken a hose to the floors yet. Either method will be far easier with Armorlite than trying to get sand out of carpet.

riplipper

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
I think you are asking why would I buy Armorlite instead of just ripping out my carpets and leaving a bare metal surface? The current generation jeep is not really designed to be without a floor covering (in my opinion) as I learned when I removed my carpets. The flooring is not 'finished' as in a CJ. Additionally, you would be getting a lot of heat (especially in FL!) and noise without a floor covering. With the Armorlite, you get a very durable surface that is easy to clean and has excellent insulation against sound and temperature. It comes with floor drains if you choose to hose out the interior. I prefer to use a shop vacuum and cleaning rag to remove the filth that accumulates in mine, so I have not taken a hose to the floors yet. Either method will be far easier with Armorlite than trying to get sand out of carpet.
OK, thanks. Does the Armorlite pop in and out easily if you want to clean underneith of it? Thanks again.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OK, thanks. Does the Armorlite pop in and out easily if you want to clean underneith of it? Thanks again.
Definitely not designed to "pop" in and out. The Armorlite is two pieces, just like the OEM carpet. It installs in the vehicle exactly like the OEM carpets, meaning it will go under trim and seats.

You can watch a good install video here :

I really can't envision a scenario where you would want to remove these, unless you did something really extreme (and probably stupid :)) like bury your jeep in water/mud. If I were in sand a lot, I would think these to be ideal, but I would focus on simply using a vacuum to remove the sand, and not worry about hosing out the interior.

riplipper

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport
Thanks for the info, I will take a look at it.
Sounds like it might work for me. My problem here is the great amount of salt.
Its even in the air here. A day at the beach and even the inside of my windshield is covered with it. My doors stay off 9-10 months a year here.
Sponsored