First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Just pre-ordered the Armalite, looking forward to getting all the carpet out.
Please post pics when you have it installed. And any *pro tips* on removing the carpet for getting this installed. Seems like it would be OK to leave the armorlite installed all year round? [I don't keep my armalite in the vehicle at all times - sometimes it has to come out and play ;)]

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Please post pics when you have it installed. And any *pro tips* on removing the carpet for getting this installed. Seems like it would be OK to leave the armorlite installed all year round? [I don't keep my armalite in the vehicle at all times - sometimes it has to come out and play ;)]
Haha whoops, fixed that typo.

My guess would be that it is going to be very similar to their instructions for the JL Armorlite JL Install

There are a couple older JK videos showing people not having to remove the seats, but the JL's seem to need it. Looks like it would take about an hour? I will report back once I have it in hand. I don't see any reason to NOT keep it there all year round, The whole point is to make it more durable for both summer and winter use. But I save all my stock parts just in case I have an issue where I need to remove a mod.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
thinking about it for dog hair (husky), dirt (big baseball player), sand (big beach family). The all weather mats are great but all those things get embedded deep into the carpet.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Haha whoops, fixed that typo.

My guess would be that it is going to be very similar to their instructions for the JL Armorlite JL Install

There are a couple older JK videos showing people not having to remove the seats, but the JL's seem to need it. Looks like it would take about an hour? I will report back once I have it in hand. I don't see any reason to NOT keep it there all year round, The whole point is to make it more durable for both summer and winter use. But I save all my stock parts just in case I have an issue where I need to remove a mod.
I live in Minnesota so the armorlite would be great for salt and slush in the winter, and mud during both months of summer... I'd just as soon leave it in. One thing I don't like is that there are no drain plugs in the rear. I saw a post where someone took out their entire interior floor and painted with bedliner. I am thinking about that too but it seems like it would be loud, cold and probably not awesome for resale (hahah NEVER).

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I live in Minnesota so the armorlite would be great for salt and slush in the winter, and mud during both months of summer... I'd just as soon leave it in. One thing I don't like is that there are no drain plugs in the rear. I saw a post where someone took out their entire interior floor and painted with bedliner. I am thinking about that too but it seems like it would be loud, cold and probably not awesome for resale (hahah NEVER).
I'm 99% sure the rear set has drain plugs. If you look on their website you can see they include (4) plugs, and looking at the pictures it looks like there are 2 on the rear piece.

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I'm 99% sure the rear set has drain plugs. If you look on their website you can see they include (4) plugs, and looking at the pictures it looks like there are 2 on the rear piece.
They do, I’ve seen the sample.

Nitroexpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, '82 Jeep CJ-8,
I ordered the front Armorlite in desert khaki color and they accidentally sent me two right sides. I emailed and we got it worked out and I’m getting the rear mats too. I have a 40% seat deleted but still like the idea of a rubberized floor.
72C66588-2F6F-4059-BECE-D83755FEC40F.jpeg
Do you have the "saddle" color seats? I went back and forth on ordering the Khaki Armorlite flooring, then settled on black, since that's the color of my carpet. I wasn't sure if they would match my saddle seats. Now, after seeing your pictures, I'm thinking I should have done Khaki. Can't wait to see your pictures after install!

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They do, I’ve seen the sample.
Sorry - i should have been more clear. I meant that I don't think the Jeep has rear drain holes... or does it? Im kinda going off the rear factory slush mats which didn't seem to have any provision for drain holes unlike the front factory slush mats. Which BTW I would not order again. I should have ordered weathertech or done more homework and found this thread!! :facepalm:

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
Sorry - i should have been more clear. I meant that I don't think the Jeep has rear drain holes... or does it? Im kinda going off the rear factory slush mats which didn't seem to have any provision for drain holes unlike the front factory slush mats. Which BTW I would not order again. I should have ordered weathertech or done more homework and found this thread!! :facepalm:
I can confirm the the rear has two sets of drain plugs on each side under the carpet. One set is under each front seat and the other is in the footwell of the rear seats.

Sponsored

ImThe0ne

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Do you have the "saddle" color seats? I went back and forth on ordering the Khaki Armorlite flooring, then settled on black, since that's the color of my carpet. I wasn't sure if they would match my saddle seats. Now, after seeing your pictures, I'm thinking I should have done Khaki. Can't wait to see your pictures after install!
This is what I am wondering too. I want to pre-order but also want to see more IRL pictures of the Khaki installed. I feel like the Khaki with Saddle seats will look good, but also don't want it to clash...

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
This is what I am wondering too. I want to pre-order but also want to see more IRL pictures of the Khaki installed. I feel like the Khaki with Saddle seats will look good, but also don't want it to clash...
I have black seats but purchased a set of tan covers off a guy that swapped out for leather. I’ll take a picture of the khaki floor with both seat colors on Monday.

CG32

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S with Max Tow
Occupation
Audio visual production sales
I know they say that they help with noise reduction. I am curious to see how well they actually do and if it’s a noticeable difference. I was going to sound deaden my floor but this may be a better option.

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I know they say that they help with noise reduction. I am curious to see how well they actually do and if it’s a noticeable difference. I was going to sound deaden my floor but this may be a better option.
The flooring looks a little thicker then the carpet.

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I can confirm the the rear has two sets of drain plugs on each side under the carpet. One set is under each front seat and the other is in the footwell of the rear seats.
Jeep Gladiator Anyone remove the carpet? 1612541082430
Sponsored